Keep Your Fingers Crossed Chapter 6

Keep Your Fingers Crossed Chapter 6

A Chapter by Apathy To Empathy

~006.00~

When I was a normal boy, our mom's would get together.  They'd hold parties of all kinds but, only me a Cassandra would be there, the only children of all the adults.  We met in a normal way.  Mom had handed me some pie, and told me, “Go across the street and welcome our new neighbors'.”

I was eight.
I hated girls.
 But, being the good little boy I was, I willingly went across the street.
She sat on the front porch of her new home, chewing a piece of gum.  And as if fate hadn't intervened, I stumbled, nearly dropped the pie, and almost made a fool of myself.  She didn't see.  However, when she did look up to find me, she blew a bubble, and popped it.
“What's that?”
“Pie,” I said flatly.
She turned her nose up in disgust.  “Ew.  I don't want it.”
“It's not just for you, it's for your family,” I noted foully, “Welcome to the neighborhood.”
She smiled, jumping to her feet.  “Come on in then,” she said, as she pulled her long brown hair into a high pony tail...
 


© 2009 Apathy To Empathy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on October 24, 2009
Last Updated on November 2, 2009


Author

Apathy To Empathy
Apathy To Empathy

Carolina Beach, NC



About
I have major writers-block...Ugh. Ask me anyhting. I'll do my best to answer. PS. i am me and there is no one else who can be me unless they truley understand what it is like to be Nothing, Insigni.. more..

Writing