Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Aren Daker

The thick, sweet and dusty aroma entered the nostrils of Lord Domarco. That was his air, exactly the smell that he wanted. The air and the dark light that surrounded him were all his creation. It was perfect, he was the Lord of all the land from the western shores to the Grayhorn Mountains in east. His temple and home in Domarcopolis was by far the biggest and most respected building in the whole known world.

The red eyes of Domarco gloved in the darkness while he moved his heavy body in the crypt under his temple. The left horn on his head was however aching and that was not a good sign. Something was wrong and not the way that Domarco had planned. He tried to sense the change that had happened since yesterday when a servant entered the crypt.

The servant's sudden appearance was met by the fist of Domarco. Stupid servant, never in the crypt when he should and then always coming in when he was not needed. Two drops of blood dropped from Domarco's fist to the floor. Servant-blood, that was the obvious solution. The long tongue came out of Domarco's mouth and just slightly touched the servant-blood on his fist. Like a drug the blood went up in Domarco's head and suddenly he could feel how all his senses got stronger. Now he could sense what was wrong and why his left horn was aching. He could sense what had been dead for years and what he never though that he would have to sense again. There was hope in the air. Somewhere in the mind of some foolish human there was still hope for daylight.

A loud groan echoed in the crypt. That foolish human with hope would have to pay for it. No hope could be allowed in Lord Domarco's kingdom. With big steps Domarco pushed his heavy body up the stairs towards the outer darkness. He would deal with this matter right away. Hope was like a virus and he would have to kill it while it still was faint, else he could risk that it would spread over his land and tease him for a longer time.

The servant in Domarco's crypt was still alive but too badly hurt to move. Several days later he would be found dead and his body would be burned. What would never be found was the written message in his pocket that he was supposed to give to Domarco. As message telling about a dangerous stranger who had crossed the Grayhorn Mountains and was heading for the village of Garhkor.



© 2009 Aren Daker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 26, 2009


Author

Aren Daker
Aren Daker

Finland



About
On the following line I will completely spoil the chance of telling you who I am. I could try to tell you all about me, but who would understand? Maybe by reading my stories you can catch a glimpse of.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Aren Daker