Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Aren Daker

A smooth skinned beautiful hand was met by heavy gauntlets that lifted the hand up to a stranger's mouth to give it a kiss. Lips cold as ice touched the sweet skin.

-Myrthia Sweetwater is my name and may I ask who you are my brave man that have dared to answer my call?

-I'm just an old shadow with no place left in the world and my brave days are gone while I have no more joy in life that I could be afraid to loose. But my sword and my powers I place in your service to fight the darkness that has made me the fearless shadow that I am. Ask me no more question while my past is gone and future I have none. Do command me and tell me what I can do to destroy the dark lord and to make him suffer for what he has done to your people and to me.

-You sound like you know Lord Domarco well, so who am I, an ordinary woman, to tell you how to destroy the evil of our world? I called for help from your distant land hoping to find courage and answers about how to destroy the darkness.

-But I have dreamed of you my lady. Dreamed of you so many times and in the end of my dreams I always hear the same words "all answers can be found in the white lady". The answers are in you my lady and I am just your weapon to use to defeat the dark lord. His powers are too great for my sword and only with your guidance can I beat him.

-Then you have made a mistake while I have no answers. The white lady must be somebody else.

The discussion was disrupted by two drunk soldiers. One of the soldier suddenly lifted Myrthia from her chair and out of his mouth came the words.

-Look what I've found, desert for a lonely night.

The other soldier laughed hard and replied.

-She'll sure taste better than the beer.

That were their last words. Soundlessly had the hilt of a sword been touched by a pair of gauntlets. Black steel had been drawn from under a coat and the blade made a smooth swing in the air. Then the blade was returned to its master's scabbard like nothing had happened.

Only the draught could be noticed while a shadow of a stranger left the shady fog of the inn. The door swung open and the shadow disappeared on Blackheart Alley. The stranger that had entered the village unnoticed did not leave the inn in the same manner. A servant of the dark lord had been studying the stranger with great interest and hurried now to report what he had seen.

Myrthia Sweetwater only noticed that the soldier lost his grip on her. When she turned to face the soldiers she found only two headless bodies that were still standing. Their heads had disappeared in the shady fog that covered the floor. She turned back to face the stranger but instead she found an empty chair.



© 2010 Aren Daker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 17, 2010


Author

Aren Daker
Aren Daker

Finland



About
On the following line I will completely spoil the chance of telling you who I am. I could try to tell you all about me, but who would understand? Maybe by reading my stories you can catch a glimpse of.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Aren Daker