Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Aren Daker

-Hey, where's the bartender. A local drunk man was standing at the bartender's desk wondering how he could get his next pint. A stranger with gauntlets surprised him by suddenly pushing an almost full pint into his hand.

-Oh thanks man, your a friendly stranger, and what's your name?

There was no answer so the man pushed his head closer to the stranger to be able to see his face under his hood. Their eyes met for a second and the drunk man pulled back and hurried away.

The hooded stranger also left the place were he was standing and sat down at a table in a shady corner of the inn. The gloomy light seemed to suite him well while he wished to have no attention.

Was this a safe place or had he walked into a trap? Five years ago when he started the travel to this distant dark land, he had sent his reply with the white eagle, but he would not know if his message or the white eagle would have made the way back. If that dark Lord would have captured the eagle then his men might be waiting for him. The fingers inside his right gauntlet tapped against the sword well hidden under his coat. He was ready to fight for his life and just waiting for the moment to come. Would this be his last day alive or would he finally meet the woman who is searching?

The dark eyes of the stranger looked around the shady inn and in the fog they found some source of light coming closer. A woman with golden hair and dressed in a white gown was the source of light that was approaching the stranger. Her appearance was away too beautiful for the Shady Shadows Inn but that did not seem to bother her.

The stranger pulled his hand away from the hilt of his sword. It was now clear to him that no blood would have to be spilt at the moment. The woman who was approaching him was the one who is searching.



© 2009 Aren Daker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one pager has potential! But I don't know where your character is going, I can't piture him because you have not clearly drawn him for me. More visuals would clearly situate your character in time and space. I do get the sense of drama about to unfold, but it is not well defined. The last line is confusing. Back to the drawing board with this one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2009


Author

Aren Daker
Aren Daker

Finland



About
On the following line I will completely spoil the chance of telling you who I am. I could try to tell you all about me, but who would understand? Maybe by reading my stories you can catch a glimpse of.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Aren Daker