Life Isn't A Romance Movie

Life Isn't A Romance Movie

A Story by Naomi Roseღ
"

I don't know where I got the inspiration from this. I just made it up.

"

  You’re fifteen or sixteen years old. You are a typical teenage girl. You have friends, a nice family and you live in a good neighbourhood.

   You had a couple of boyfriends before. One or two maybe. But they didn’t mean much to you. And you probably didn’t mean much to them.

    You don’t really care about boys. You have friends, music and family. That’s all you need, right? Yeah. You are pretty sure that’s all you need.

    But, then you meet the new guy.

    The new guy is really cute. He looks like one of those celebrities you see in magazines that you and your friends gush over. All of your friends have a crush on him. And hey, you think you do too.

    You and him have a class together. You sit beside each other. You talked to him a couple of times. You hope he likes you.

     Soon, you and him become close friends. You exchange phone numbers, hang out with him at the park, and even go to movies with him once in a while.

   But you and him aren’t a couple. And that fact, kind of breaks your heart. You want to be his girlfriend really badly. You want him to kiss you and hold you. You want him.

    You ask him out once. He turns you down and says he isn’t looking for a relationship. When you ask why, he ignores you. You apologize. He looks at you and says its okay, even though you know you isn’t.

   You and him pretend it never happened. You keep acting like you never asked him out. You didn’t tell your best friends you did, and he doesn’t tell his.

     Then one night, that changes.

     You are at his house in his room. You are listening to a Cat Power CD with him. You aren’t talking to each other. You are just sitting there with him, listening to the music.

   He leans over and says a compliment, like “you’re really cute” or “you have beautiful eyes”. You blush and thank him.

    Out of nowhere, he presses his lips to yours. You are surprised, and don’t understand. Last week he said he wasn’t looking for a relationship.

    But, here he is, kissing you.

    You should kiss him back. You should put his arms around his neck and kiss him with a fiery passion.

    But you don’t. You pull away.

    He stares at you, with a confused look on his face. He asks you what’s wrong.

   So you ask him. You ask him “why did you kiss me, if you don’t like me?”.

   He looks at you and says words you will remember forever. He doesn’t say I love you like characters in a romance movie. He doesn’t say how beautiful you are.

    He says, “I thought you weren’t a virgin.”

    Then it hits you. He was using you. All along, he was using you. You’re feelings are hurt. They really are.

    You shoot an insult at him, then walk out of the room and out of his house.

    You feel stupid. You feel used. You feel neglected.

    Then when you are walking away you whisper to yourself, “life isn’t a romance movie.”

© 2011 Naomi Roseღ


Author's Note

Naomi Roseღ
I know this is confusing and kind of bad. I just made it up off of the top of my head.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
Takes balls to write a story in 2nd person...good job! You do a great job taking us through all the emotions this girl feels and I love how real it is! Life isn't a romance movie...it's life and stuff like that is exactly what happens (only in real life she probably would've had sex with him lol)
Good job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I just want to say that even though this is improv, i love it! I'm new here and i'll definately be subscribing to you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really really really like this! So many people can relate, and that's what people look for in poetry, something they can relate to :) well done :D x

Posted 12 Years Ago


great write hun

Posted 12 Years Ago


A question asked and wondered by women of all ages.
A nice story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought this was really excellent. The fact that it was in 2nd person was actually really great. The ending was perfect, too. Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


i think this is an awesome story it really show me how you feel and i lvoe it comment on my writting life

Posted 12 Years Ago


No it is not - boys do use us and vice-versa.
A kiss though- sometimes it is just a kiss?
Maybe he did like 'you' as a friend and got caught up in a moment.
Yet the words he said when asked why did you kiss me , suggest he was hoping for more than a kiss.
Well told .. nice imagination.

Chloe

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is pretty good. Well worded, shot, conscience and most importantly, realistic. Very relate-able. Great work =]

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1064 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 13, 2011
Last Updated on May 13, 2011
Tags: Heart break, lies, using, teenagers, short stories.

Author

Naomi Roseღ
Naomi Roseღ

My world



About
Welcome to my world! So, as you see my name is Naomi Rose. Other people may know me as Naomi the lost the ninja. Or just as plain old Naomi XP. I am fifteen years young (bahaha). I write poems a .. more..

Writing
Alice Alice

A Poem by Naomi Roseღ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin