Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Julia

 I wasn’t special, but I was different. I didn’t go to a normal school, have normal friends, or have any normal talents like singing or acting. Although, I was good at both, I had far more different things inside of me than those talents. I was a Charmer. I, Juliette Isabelle Enders, was a spell-casting freak. Full of significant abilities, even in the Charming world, were rare. You have the precognitive powers, along with the gift of invisibility. I remember my mentor saying when I was first sent to this mysterious setting of Jewarld’s School for the Charmed campus. It had been my home ever since my parents died when I was twelve. It was here that I met my best friend, Felicity, and not long after, Liam. Liam only came in the picture after he started randomly dating my best friend, however.  Though, I couldn’t complain since Liam had been nothing but nice to me, and I’ve grown fond and used to his presence. Felicity always shines brighter when he’s around. I enjoyed life here at this place that only those like me knew about. I was free to do all the charms I wanted, and not risking any sort of exposure. You could call us the Harry Potter’s of the twenty-first century, because we, of course, still had cell phones.

With all of these rarities in my life, though, I was still a normal girl. I dressed the same way they did in public schools. I still enjoyed spending my weekends with my best friends, and going out to the movies (yes, they still exist in our world), and I still eat the same food I did back when I was twelve. We weren’t special, we were just a little different. There was one similarity between Charmers and mortals that no one could deny; that was, that we still had the same emotions. We still feared, had pride, and got jealous. We still could be ecstatic, excited, and nervous. Most of all, though, Charmers could all still love; and if you love, you’re bound to be hurt. This Charmer (a.k.a me), no doubt about it, could love. Everything comes with a consequence, though, and mine was the inevitable pain.



© 2009 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwww!
Poor main character.
But I love the story so far but its chapters are kinda confusing, but i'm reading them in numbered order hope thats right.....
Again nice chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this is a powerful start. Can't wait to read further

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2009


Author

Julia
Julia

Columbus, GA



About
I'm Julia Aleece Watson. I'm fifteen, and I'm a hopeless romantic. I write novels and I never finish them. more..

Writing
Stars. Stars.

A Poem by Julia


Demons. Demons.

A Story by Julia