Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Julia

“So do you have to follow her everywhere?” Liam asked Nick as we sat at breakfast. Nick replied with a nod, and Liam started laughing. “Well, you’re in for a fun ride, Nick. Right, Juliette?” I just glared, warning him to shut up. “Oh, hush. I could beat you any day, Enders.” He challenged. I didn’t say anything, just sat back. His power of telekinesis was totally useful against me, but he couldn’t do anything if I was invisible. So, inside, I knew it was hopeless because I’d completely win a battle between him. I’d just let him think what he wanted.                                                                   

“Well, ride or no ride, it’s my job.” Nick defended me. Felicity looked up from her food.”Wait, you don’t have to like stand in the shower with her, do you?” She asked. Nick and I looked at each other as I tried to hold back my laughter. “No.” Nick answered. “Not unless she wanted me to.” I shot him a ‘Don’t push it’ look, and he just smiled. “Keep dreaming, Hunter.” I scolded, and turned back down to my plate. I could sense Nick’s smile. He always had loved to tease me, but I knew he never meant it. I ate the rest of my food, and got up out of my chair. Felicity followed my actions, and went to meet me at the end of the table, after kissing Liam on the cheek and telling him she’d meet up with him later. Nick, Felicity, and I walked back to the room.                                      

“Nick, can I talk to Juls alone, please?” Felicity asked. Nick nodded and made himself comfortable leaning against the wall. “Thanks, and I’d appreciate it if you turned off your super hearing.” She warned.                                      

“Sure thing.” Nick assured. Felicity led me into the room, and we sat on her bed. “Juliette…” She started. What was she starting, now? Felicity only ditched Liam for me when she seriously wanted to talk alone. “Yes?” I answered.                                                                                                

“What is going on with you and Nick?” She asked. My heart skipped a beat. “What do you mean?” I questioned. “Don’t play dumb, Juls. You can’t fool me, I can feel your emotions, remember?” Of course, I remembered. She never let me forget. I couldn’t have one angry day with her, because she’d always confront me about it, and always knew when I was upset with her. I sighed, and gave in. She was my best friend, and she deserved to know.                                                            

“That summer that I always snuck out, I didn’t go to Club Bella every night. I went out with Nick. We did meet at Club Bella, though. We’d always go out to Lagoon Beach, and just sit and talk. We had one of those cliché, and typical summer romances. When I told him I went to this school, he had told me he didn’t want to go there. He was only there for the summer, and he wanted to stay close to home. I… well, I wanted him. I honestly think he is the first boy I’ve ever loved, Ci. I wanted to keep him, and I knew that if he didn’t come to the school, I’d lose him. So, I finally talked him into it. I was planning on seeing him here, until some stranger handed me a note. ‘I’m not coming.’, it said and was signed by him. He bailed on me, and I guess I just expected it from any other guy after that. Now that he’s my guarder, I don’t know. All the feelings, they’ve always been there, but I’m still so angry at him. I still don’t have a real explanation. Something about being forbidden to tell me. I don’t know if I even love him anymore, but I know that whenever he’s near, I just feel… safe.”            

Felicity listened intently. She wrapped her arms around me for a hug. I wondered why I had waited so long to tell her this. I had forgotten how easily Felicity understood people. “I can feel how much he loves you, Juls.” She told me. “That’s why I knew there was more to this.” I looked up at her. “He loves me?” I asked. I had heard him say it over and over before, but I had never believed it. She nodded. “Yes, very much. I honestly think he made it to where he was specifically assigned to you, but that’s just a theory. I’m not going to tell you not to fall for him again, but I do think you should get an explanation. You deserve it.” Felicity gave me a sympathizing look. “I won’t tell Liam, just so you know.”                 

“I know.” I smiled and gave her a hug. I loved my best friend. As if on cue of finishing our discussion, we heard a knock on the door. I stood up from the bed to reveal Nick’s smile. “Class time. You have a new teacher for your invisibility training.” He informed me. I nodded, and before leaving turned back to Felicity. “I’ll see you later, Ci.”                                                                    

“Later, Juls.” She dismissed me, and flashed a smile. I turned and followed Nick out to the hallway. We walked in silence to my classroom for a moment, until he spoke up.  “Did you mean it?” He asked. I scrunched my forehead in confusion as I glanced over to him. “Did I mean what?” I asked. “What you said in there.” He explained. “Did you mean it when you said that I was the first boy you ever loved?” My heart jumped, and my breath caught. I didn’t know how to answer. “You said you wouldn’t listen in.” I accused. “Just answer my question, Juls.” I stayed silent for another moment, before bringing up the courage to spit it out.                                                      

“Yes.” I admitted. “I meant it.” He turned to look in front of him, and didn’t say another word the rest of the way to class.                

When we arrived at the class door, he opened it up for me to walk in. “Thanks.” I whispered, and made my way through the door. I expected to see another dead body in a chair, or blood all over the room, but everything was normal. “Well, hello there, Ms. Enders.” I heard a rough, female voice come from the desk across the room. I looked to see a young woman no older than twenty-nine staring back at me. Her hair was jet black in full spiral curls, and her face was a perfect heart shape. Her eyes were a bright green that you could spot from a mile away. She was gorgeous, and I was surprised to see Nick completely uninterested. “I’ll be your teacher from now on. I’m Janice Keller. You can just call me Jan.” She informed me as she stood from her chair and made her way over to me.            

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Jan said, and extended her arm towards me. I shook it out of instinct and replied politely, “Pleasure to meet you, as well.” Jan turned to Nick. “And you are?” Nick held out his hand, “Nicholas Hunter, her Guarder.” He introduced himself to her, and gave her a handshake as well.                                 

“Well, it’s nice to finally be put to use in this Charmer world for once. Invisibility is a very useful power, but it’s also too rare to get a teaching job for it. Let’s get started shall we?” I nodded as I sat down in the only seat in the room, and waited for her instructions. 



© 2009 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on December 12, 2009


Author

Julia
Julia

Columbus, GA



About
I'm Julia Aleece Watson. I'm fifteen, and I'm a hopeless romantic. I write novels and I never finish them. more..

Writing
Stars. Stars.

A Poem by Julia


Demons. Demons.

A Story by Julia