Chapter One.

Chapter One.

A Chapter by Julia

 “JULIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!” I heard my best friend, Felicity, call my name.  Not only did I spend every waking minute with her when we weren’t in classes, but I shared a room with her, too, and she used that advantage to wake me up at any time she needed something; advice on make-up, homework, Liam, or just because she liked butting into my dreams. I love her, but I love my sleep, too. I moaned, taking a deep breath, and feeling my lungs expand and press harder against the bed that I laid on. “What do you want, Ci?” I asked, using her nickname I had issued to her when we first became close. “Pink or red?” She asked. I wasn’t looking at her, but I already knew she was talking about her lipstick for the day. “Pink.” I answered.                      “Red, it is.” Felicity decided. I could picture her applying the deep red lipstick to her perfect lips as she leaned closer to the mirror of the bathroom counter. I lifted my eyes to the alarm clock sitting on my dresser. I couldn’t go back to sleep if I tried, and it was an hour before breakfast started. I might as well get it over with and get ready and awake, because if I didn’t now, Liam and Felicity would find ways to annoy me and push my buttons to the extreme. I wasn’t happy when I was tired.                                    I rolled out of my comfort zone, and stood up to stretch my arms towards the ceiling and let out a routine morning yawn. Felicity looked at me with a cheery grin. I never understood how she was always so perky, and when she was in a bad mood, she still managed to keep those around her in a good mood. I was the only one she ever talked to about what was bothering her. Liam, sometimes too, in group discussions, but I was honored as her venting counselor, and I didn’t mind that. “Morning, Juliette!” She exclaimed. “Are you going to look cute today, or are you sticking to your sweats?” She teased. I had never felt the need to dress up for school. I wasn’t interested in being looked at by anyone, and especially not boys.         I flashed her a smirk, and answered, “Think I’ll stick to the sweats.” She scowled at my reply. Felicity always lectured me “how I should stop being a ‘hermit’ and get out there and actually date someone, or someones”, and I always shrugged it off.                                         “Now, why can’t we go back to the summer where you used to get all dressed up and snuck out in the middle of the night?” She asked. My eyes dilated in surprise. I never thought she knew about that. As if on cue, Felicity spoke again. “Oh, come on, you snuck out every night on summer vacation, unless we were already out. I didn’t bother to let you know that I knew, because I thought maybe you finally found someone you liked. Then we come back here, and everything  goes back to the unfortunate ‘Juliette routine’. But, really, why DID you sneak out so much?”                                                                                            I looked at her, debating on telling her everything or just keeping it simple and act like I didn’t know what she was talking about. I wasn’t ready to tell a soul about what had happened that summer, and I wasn’t going to until I was completely prepared. I’d go with the second choice.                           “No reason, I just liked to go out a lot. I never met anyone particular. I just went for a couple of dances down to Club Bella, and a few drinks, and then came back.” I shrugged. Felicity could sense emotions. It was part of the Charmed package for her. She couldn’t sense what caused them, but she obviously knew it wasn’t a matter to mess with right now, so she didn’t bother. I resumed with getting ready for the day, and running a brush through my brown hair that reached the middle of my back, and dabbing a little bit of cover-up on my small blemishes. I proceeded to put on a clean t-shirt and a pair of lounging pants, and I was ready. For the remainder of dorm time, I watched Felicity finish her make-up then listened to her go on about some story Liam told her about his friend, Nick. I hated that name, but I couldn’t hold it against whoever Liam knew, because it wasn’t his fault that I just happened to know a jerk named Nicholas Hunter, and I wasn’t going to take it out on him by not listening to my best friend. So, I opened my ears, and smiled and nodded at all the right times. Sometimes, it was so easy to be around Felicity, because you never had to speak, especially when you were as tired as I was.                                 We walked to the dining hall and met up at our usual spot with Liam. Liam rolled his eyes when he saw me in sweats again. I knew what he was thinking, and I never had to have the gift of mind reading to read his thoughts. “Fel, when are you going to make this girl get out of those sweats and get into a dress for once?” Liam complained. Felicity shrugged and let out a sigh, as she sat down. “I tried, Liam. She just won’t listen.” Felicity answered. I acted as if I knew they weren’t talking about me, but when they both looked at me with a look that said, ‘Juliette, we need to talk about your lack of love life.’ I had to pay attention. Time for the daily lecture on why I needed a boyfriend. I prepared myself, as I shoved a piece of sausage down my throat.         “Juliette…” Liam started. “Now, I know your opinion on love, and I know that you don’t really believe in it, but just look at me and Felicity.” I did what I was ordered to do, and saw Felicity’s face light up at the fact her boyfriend used them as a great example of how love ‘existed’ in the world. I turned back to Liam as he started back up again. “We’re happy, and we love each other. You can’t deny love’s existence after looking at not only us, but I mean, look at Cinderella or Snow White.” I choked on my food, and Liam glared at me. “Liam, Cinderella is a fairytale. That’s all it is.” I informed through my laughter. Liam rolled his eyes. “Fairytale or not, Juls, she found love. I mean, there has to be someone at the school of fellow Charmers that interests you at least the slightest bit.”             I looked around looking for someone who caught my eye. No one. I shook my head and replied to him, “Nope. No one.” Felicity looked around. “Come on… there has to be someone.” When I shook my head again, she pointed to someone across the room. I looked in that direction. “What about Jimmy Cohen? He’s the best telekinetic there is.” I rolled my eyes. “Felicity, you know people’s level of being able to use and control their gift does not impress me.” My best friend sighed and sat back in her chair, then finished her breakfast. Liam followed her actions. The lecture was over to the day. Thank God.                                After breakfast, we headed to our classes. Liam headed to Elixir Mixing, while Felicity parted to Charming Control. I strolled to my Invisibility training, in which I was the only student. I opened the door to find Mr. Lopez sitting in his chair, his back to the door. When he didn’t turn, I figured he hadn’t heard me come in. “Mr. Lopez?” I called. No answer. I wrinkled my head in confusion as I slowly crept closer to his desk. “Mr. Lopez?” I called again. Still no answer. I walked closer and closer. He would have heard me by now. His chair turned toward me, and a scream escaped my lips.



© 2009 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this.
Your very good for your age
Keep up the great work

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2009


Author

Julia
Julia

Columbus, GA



About
I'm Julia Aleece Watson. I'm fifteen, and I'm a hopeless romantic. I write novels and I never finish them. more..

Writing
Stars. Stars.

A Poem by Julia


Demons. Demons.

A Story by Julia