Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

A Chapter by Julia

 My entire body shook as I sat on my bed, wrapping my arms around my knees, holding them to my chest. Felicity held out a cup of Calming Elixir, and I hesitantly reached out to grasp it and let the warm liquid trickle into my mouth. My taste buds approved of the flavor, so, I gulped the rest down, waiting for its affect to calm my nerves, and stop my tears from streaming down my face. I had always been so fond of Mr. Lopez, and the last memory of him was seared into my head. I remember Mr. Lopez’s lips, how they were completely stuck in the straight line, like he had no time to open it to scream before his murderer took his life. I remember how the color from his skin was completely drained. He went from his glowing brown tan, to completely pale. I recalled his eyes which had been turned completely white. There was no pupil to reveal his deep brown iris. None of those details where what scared me the most, though. What terrified me was the note stuck to his forehead that clearly read: Watch your back, Juliette Isabelle Enders. That note was meant for me; personalization included.  The one question I wanted answered was running though my head: Who would want to kill me, and why would they kill Mr. Lopez to do so?                                       

After discovering the body, I ran to Mr. Richard’s, my mentor, office and told him of my discovery. He then told the headmaster of the school, Professor Jermanski, who went to the classroom to see for himself. Classes were called off, and the teachers of the school gathered to a meeting. Professor Jermanski gave me distinct orders to go to my dorm and stay put until he gave the okay. I followed them without hesitation. I wasn’t in the mood to be murdered.                                              

I felt Felicity’s body position herself on my bed next to me. I crossed my legs, and wrapped both hands around the cup that once had the Elixir filled to the top. “You okay?” She questioned. What a stupid question, I thought. Of course, I’m not okay! I was the first person to discover Mr. Lopez’s body. The first person to see the note. I was being hunted. How could I be okay with that? I didn’t speak of those opinions though. Felicity was only trying to be a good friend, and comfort me. I appreciated it, and just shook my head in response. “You’ll be okay, Juls. They’ll figure it out. They won’t let anything happen to you. I won’t let anything happen to you. You’re my best friend. I’ll do anything in my power to protect you. You know that most everyone in this whole school would join forces against anyone trying to harm you. You’re not easily hated.” Somehow I found comfort in my best friend’s words. I didn’t have any enemies here, and that’s why I was so confused on why anyone would have the motive to kill me. What did they gain from it?                                                         

A knock came from the door, and Felicity stood up while I stayed in the same position, staring down at the cup in my hands, trying to distract myself. My hands were still shaking. “How is she?” I heard Liam’s voice come from the doorway. I looked up to see them both glancing at me with the deepest sympathy.  Liam held more of the Calming brew in his hands, and I watched him as he walked over to sit beside me. “I brought you more. I knew one cup wouldn’t do it.” I handed him the empty cup taking the new one and placing my lips on the rim to sip the potation. Its affect finally soothed me, and my hands stopped shaking. I took in the rest of the liquid before handing it back to Liam. We all turned when we heard another knock at the door. Felicity walked to it again. “Felicity.” I heard Professor Jermanski’s voice come from the door, and then saw his figure appear in front of me. “Ms. Enders, we’ve checked the premises, and put as many protection charms we could find on the campus. You should be safe, but I’d feel much better if we put a Guarder with you.” I nodded in response. Guarders were a type of Charmer who were made to protect. Whether it was a person, or an object, that they needed to keep safe, they were given the abilities and gifts to do just about anything. They obtained amazing, inhuman strength, along with impeccable hearing that could be adjusted to different ranges to hear several distances. Guarders were equipped with everything. They were rarer than me, but they existed, and I would feel much safer with a Guarder near me. The question was why was it so important to protect me and not others? I voiced my question to Jermanski. “Juliette, we care about your safety.” He hesitated before continuing his reasoning, “You, students are part of something far more important than the teachers, and we need to keep you safe.” My forehead wrinkled in confusion, and he saw it. “You will learn on day. All of you will learn what I speak of, one day, but today is not the time to know. You can ask me as much as you want, but I have been sworn to secrecy.”                             

  Being sworn to secrecy was a serious matter in the Charmed world. If you swore yourself to that secret, you would be killed if you ever tried to speak of it, until the time was right, or the charm wore off. Sometimes, the charms never wore off, and other times they did. No one had to kill you themselves. If you spoke of the hidden information, something ruptured inside of you, and spread through your body like poison, cursing you to a slow and agonizing death. I didn’t push for information; I wasn’t going to be responsible for Jermanski’s death, too.                                          

“Would you like to meet your Guarder now, Juliette?” Professor Jermanski announced. I nodded in response, and I heard the door open. I wasn’t expecting to see who walked through that door.

 



© 2009 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on December 12, 2009


Author

Julia
Julia

Columbus, GA



About
I'm Julia Aleece Watson. I'm fifteen, and I'm a hopeless romantic. I write novels and I never finish them. more..

Writing
Stars. Stars.

A Poem by Julia


Demons. Demons.

A Story by Julia