Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Brooklyn

The Captain of the Guards shivered involuntarily. Surrounding him on all sides was the evil genius, Dr. Follett, who was staring at him, impassively.

“So,” the genuine doctor standing in front of him said, “You were unable to capture them.” He paused and the captain dared not interrupt. “Well, you are even more useless that I thought.” He reached into his a pocket in his white coat and pulled out a blood red slip of paper and a black ballpoint pen.

“Sir!” the captain snapped into action at the sight of them, “we captured three!” Actually, the team had only captured two successfully, the third had been spotted an then had come to rescue the other two.

“Oh?” Follett questioned, pausing in his note, “Which three?”

“The captain almost sighed in relief, the thought better of it. “The dark one, the light one, and the girl.”

All of the Dr. Folletts looked up at the ceiling and the original sighed, “Which girl, Moore? There are three of them.”

The girl, sir.”

The doctor suddenly looked interested, “How do you know?”

“We put the three in the room, sir. And she lasted three days and was still going when�"“ he gulped. He hadn’t meant to say that.

“Until what?” asked the doctor, who missed nothing.  There was silence as Captain Moore contemplated what to say.

“Moore. Where did you say they are? I would very much like to talk to our guests.” Follett continued.

“They escaped,” the captain whispered in an almost inaudible voice.

“I’m sorry. I did not catch that, Moore. What did you say?” But the doctor knew that the captain was saying. He wanted to relish this moment of terror in the brave captain’s eyes. Though, the doctor already knew the captains greatest fear and had used it against him successfully. Maybe Follett would keep him alive long enough to use it against him again.

“They escaped, sir.” The captain said again, louder this time and with more strength in his low, ruff voice. His thoughts of hiding their escape long enough for them to get far enough away was quickly demolished.

“I see.,” the doctors said. “Well, go find them. And the others, too. You have two weeks. You are dismissed.” Moore turned on his heels and walked toward the door. Just as he was about to leave the room of mirrors, Dr. Follett added a sentence. “And Moore,” Moore turned around.

“Sir?”

“Remember what is at stake.”

“Yes sir.” Even as he was walking out the door, the captain knew that he could not follow out that order and come out alive. He would rather kill himself than subject those teenagers to this again. But killing himself was the last option. It was better to die fighting. And that’s what he’d do. That’s what he’s been doing.

He made his way to his cabin, contemplating his next action. It could mean not only his life, but also the lives of many more. Taking a deep breath, he decided. He lifted his mattress and grabbed a cell phone that wasn’t the issued one that was given to him by the company.  This one was in his own name and was unknown to anyone else. He had always been good at keeping secrets. He held down the number two key and put the phone up to his ear. Three rings and then the phone was answered. “It’s time,” the captain said into it.


 



© 2012 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well well well, this one seems to be one step up from the rest. From the first paragraph on, you had my attention. Not only was the first paragraph well written, but half way through the chapter my eyes kept wantin to jump to the bottom to see what the Captain was going to do!
I don't know if you had like passed through a barrier that made you better, but, like I said, this chapter is one step above the rest. Keep writing them like this and you'll make it to the top:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on June 5, 2012
Last Updated on June 5, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn