Beginning of the End

Beginning of the End

A Chapter by clay robey
"

Explains the initial attack

"
It was a beautiful Saturday, the bright warm sunlight rained down. Many people were in their back yards around their grills enjoying their days off, with most of the kids sliding down their slides, the sound of their laughter filled the area. The smell of burger and chlorine from swimming pools polluted the air.
John was a bit short for a guy, he only stood 5 and a half feet tall. He was a little more muscular than average for his size. He had dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, with a dark brown well up kept chin strap style beard. His girlfriend Sam and he had been living in his 2 story khaki vinyl covered house together for several years. Sam was slightly shorter than John, standing only 5 foot 2 inches, dark brown hair with beautiful blue eyes that always seemed to sparkle every time she looked at John.
John was out back in his yard standing by his grill. He throws a steak on the rack, sizzling from the juices hitting the hot metal. A few of his close friends had decided to come over to enjoy the day, and they brought some beer and steaks. To have John cook up for them, to celebrate the weekend.
"Hey John, when are you gonna get your porch fixed? I think I almost put my a*s through the steps."
His friend Greag mockingly asked. John just looked over at Greag and shook his head with a slight smile, and responded by flipping him off, while he was flipping the steaks over. The other guests laughed. Finally after a few minutes John decided to answer.
"Well here you fat asses go, eat your damn steak while I use Greags piece to wipe his a*s with, and Cater to his whim."
His other two friends Sean and Bryan looked over and began laughing.
Now Greag was a fairly large man, he was a towering 6 foot 2. Weighing roughly 230 pounds, kind of chubby with a slight belly, but not fat. He had sandy blond hair, hazel eyes, and a goatee to match. Whereas Sean was sickly thin, roughly 6 foot tall, and weighed at most 120 pounds. He had long light brown hair, and brown eyes. Bryan was about the same height as Sean, and was a little more muscular than him but a little less than Greag. He tended to be a bit of a smartass, he had sandy blond hair and hazel eyes.
As they all were joking around and laughing, the ground frantically started to shake, everyone looked around noticing the small tremors come and go. All of them thought to themselves,
"Are we having an earthquake?"
As they were all looking around lost, it started quaking again. Accompanied suddenly by a high pitched noise, which came from a distance. Sean shouted out over the sound,
"Where that coming from, what the hell is that?"
Right as he finished shouting, the sound of a loud boom occurred from the distance. The wind began picking up, whistling as it passed around the cars and houses. Sam came running outside of the house frightened,
"What's going on?"
Jets and helicopters went flying overhead. Military transport trucks rolled in with soldiers, and cop cars went flying by. Loud speakers shouted out for people to stay calm and remain indoors.
John shouted out to everyone,
"Get inside the house"
As he pulled Sam behind him while running toward his backdoor. The random quakes continued, along with several sounds of explosions and gunfire, which only seemed to be getting closer. John began to think to himself.
"What the f**k is going on"
While his girlfriend and friends were freaking out and screaming in distraught. Suddenly, boom, the sound of what appeared to be a large explosion. Everyone yelled and screamed about what was happening. The sky began turning black outside, the ground began to rumble. The air pressure started rising, everyone cupped they’re ears from the popping, so much to bare. One by one they all began to faint, falling to the ground from the stress overload.


© 2016 clay robey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on April 21, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016


Author

clay robey
clay robey

Pittsburgh , PA



About
I am a new author from the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area, and proud of it. I write to express my true emotions and dreams. Just trying to make a name for myself. more..

Writing
What happened What happened

A Chapter by clay robey


The Encounter The Encounter

A Chapter by clay robey