What happened

What happened

A Chapter by clay robey

Several hours later John awoke in a haze. He quickly took notice that it was dark out, seeing fires blazing all over the area around them, sounds of crackling and sirens at the distance. John questioned to himself.
"What happened?"
He panicked and started shouting for his friends and Sam.
"Sam" he yelled "Sam where you are?" As he walked around his crumbling house.
He began to really panic, for he couldn’t seem to find anyone. Finally he saw her, unconscious on the ground. Then he saw Greag then Sean. He ran to each person waking and helping them all up. Bryan already awake came strolling into the room and began talking.
"Thank f*****g god. I thought everyone was dead." Sean answered.
“So what the f**k happened?" Bryan quickly responded.
"I don’t know. I looked outside a moment ago, I'm fairly sure a bomb went off nearby."
John looked around at all the devastation inside his home.
"Well I'm not gonna stay in here to find out. Let’s go outside and see."
They all started walking to the door. Sam in johns arms as he tried to comfort her as they walked to the doorway. Outside their faces turned pale from the shock of what they saw. They began looking around in confusion. Seeing fires blazing all around, buildings half blustered apart, burning bloody corpses scattered throughout the streets and yards. Several vehicles flipped upside down, or smashed in telephone poles. In the distance they saw what appeared to be a mushroom shaped cloud, with a strange bright blue and green color to it, and lightning arcing across the sky.
Again Sean yelled with fear, "What the f**k happened? Oh my f**k... Did we just get nuked? What the f**k." As he was yelling and rambling. John shouted at him.
"Shut up Sean. We already have enough problems. We don’t need your bitching to be another one."
Sean quickly closed his mouth and shut up.
"Ok first things first. We need to find some food and supplies and somewhere safe before whatever happened happens again." John directed.
Bryan abruptly took off toward a store down the street. The rest of the gang took a hint, and did the same. They all ran through different stores, searching for useful things and supplies. Dead bloody corpses laid around, scattered throughout the floors of each building. As John searched through a deli he took notice of the bodies of several dead people throughout the store. He saw dead children and mothers holding onto their baby's, charred from the blast. He thought to himself.
"What the f**k happened, how could this happen, who attacked us?"
Thinking a million miles a second. His brain was racing, trying to contemplate what all went on around him.
He walked throughout the store grabbing food and then exited the establishment. He looked up to the darkened sky and tears began to fall from his eyes, streaking down his cheeks. He stood there thinking to himself.
"How could someone be so heartless?"
He was interrupted when he heard his friends shouting out for him. He quickly pulled himself together, wiped away the tears and ran over.


© 2016 clay robey


Author's Note

clay robey
Graphic

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on April 21, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016


Author

clay robey
clay robey

Pittsburgh , PA



About
I am a new author from the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area, and proud of it. I write to express my true emotions and dreams. Just trying to make a name for myself. more..

Writing
The Encounter The Encounter

A Chapter by clay robey