Survivors and the Resistance

Survivors and the Resistance

A Chapter by clay robey
"

The resistance

"
John was suddenly awakened by a jerk, as the craft was descending. He gazed over and saw his girlfriend laying upon his shoulder, and his friends were sitting across from him, sleeping. As the craft started shaking a little more, everyone else was awakened. John veered out of his window port to see nothing but clouds at first. But as they approached closer to the ground, he began to see what looked as if to be a mountain. Shortly afterward he saw a massive base opening with tanks and troops, wearing those special suits, wandering and positioned all over the terrain.
They heard a man over the radio from the cockpit announcing that they were cleared to land. The feeling of being in an elevator set in on John as they approached lower and lower to the ground. Once on the ground, the hatch door flew open with a soldier waiting there. He ordered out for them to all get out of the craft and follow him.
The soldier escorted them through the massive opening into the mountain, the opening began to go down into a slope. As they walked deeper into the mountain, they came to an enormous metal door that was large enough to fit several semi sized vehicles through at once. The soldier walked up to the door, waved his hand in front of a camera, in what appeared to be him signaling.
Cshhhhhhh clurclunt rrrrrrr, the sound of air being released in pressure. Suddenly the massive door swung open very quickly inward. The soldier directed them inside with hand gestures, where they were greeted by several other soldiers holding weapons and turrets, guarding the doorway and another man sized door behind them. They were then directed to the smaller door by the same soldier. Where another soldier stepped over to everyone, with a strange gun looking thing in his hand. He placed the gun to everyone’s arms, pressurized air blowing something into their arms. Sean showed pain in his face as they do this to him.
"What a baby" John laughingly said.
The soldier signaled to have the other door open. The door opened, and then the soldier instructed them to follow him. They entered through and started to walk down a long well-lit hallway, hearing as the door closed behind them and lock shut.
As they were walking down the corridor the sounds of laughter and kids screaming grew louder and louder the deeper they went. Shortly after they began seeing other people inside, large rooms on either side of them. Each room appeared to be filled with bed bunks and suit cases everywhere. They saw kids running around and parents scolding their kids for hoarse playing.
They reached a room where the soldier stopped in front of, and directed them to enter. They walked in as the soldier stood outside waiting, and closed the door behind them. They all stood there in front of a very tall wooden desk, in what appeared to be a small arena. With a massive podium in front of them and several stone chairs surrounding. They all looked up, viewing around to see where they were at. A male’s voice began to talk from straight in front of them.
"This is a safe haven for all refugees and is the main headquarters in the northeastern part of the United States. Please state your names and ages. We need these for our records."
Sean nervously went first, "I am Sean McPatric, and I’m 27 years old."
Bryan started up, "I'm Bryan Dunlop I'm also 27 years old."
Greag hesitated briefly and then spoke while slightly stuttering, "I'm Greag Arnold I'm 28 years old."
Sam stepped up and began to shout excitedly, "Well whoever you are, I'm Sam Kelly and I'm only 24."
The voice then said, "ok, now last, who are you, and what is your age?”
John looked up, finally seeing the frail old man that was speaking to them from the podium.
He then firmly answered, "Well there you are sir. I am John Stewart, I am 27 currently, and these are my friends and family."
Everyone else looked up, finally taking notice of the man who had been talking, was above them at the podium. The man looked as though he was in his late 80s, with lifeless white thinning hair and a white mustache. He had wrinkles covering his face, it was easy to see he had some travel miles on him. The old man looked at them with a slight scowl. He then began to speak with his hoarse and mean sounding voice.
"Calm down. Errr John, we are all only friends here. We will not harm anyone. Now please exit the door and follow the soldier to your rooms."
A soldier entered inside the room, ordering them to follow. He directed them back down the hallway to a large room off to the right. Several other families were inside the room too. Bunk beds positioned in rows, along with desks for clothing, and their belongings next to those. Lockers positioned in the back of the room for other belongings. They all scanned around and finally chose available beds situated right next to each other.
"You three can have these, me and Sam will share this lower bunk." He said while He looked at Sam with a questioning face, and was pointing to two twin sized bunk beds that were covered with green wool blankets. She smiled to him and shook her head, yes. John walked over to the bed and laid upon it, his eyes sunk suddenly from exhaustion.


© 2016 clay robey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on April 21, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016


Author

clay robey
clay robey

Pittsburgh , PA



About
I am a new author from the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area, and proud of it. I write to express my true emotions and dreams. Just trying to make a name for myself. more..

Writing
What happened What happened

A Chapter by clay robey