The Encounter

The Encounter

A Chapter by clay robey
"

First encounter

"
Sean was standing out in the woods with his bow, an arrow strung back, and he was lining up a shot at a deer that was only a few meters away. The deer peered its head up and looked toward him. As he was about to release, a sudden sound of a strange high pitched noise filled his ears. Sean's face grew confused as he recognized this noise, remembering it from the day of the initial attack. He then heard the cracking of branches and the sound of what seemed like an oil rigging drill close by him.
The deer startled took off. Sean startled, and was looking around.
"The sound seems to be at a distance. But seems to be getting closer."
He whispered to himself. With the sound of trees falling nearby. BOOM!
"That sounds like a building down in the city", he yelled to himself and began to sprint back to the city.
As he reached the city, he saw smoke stacks that rose in the air from several blocks away. Sean in distress, panicked and ran to a building nearby, in search of his any of his friends.
"Hopefully everyone is ok" he began questioning.
He approached the door and walked in, and began shouting out for anyone. "Where is everyone? Is everyone ok?"
Bryan quickly grabbed Sean and pulled him behind a knocked over table and whispered to him “shhh shut up."
"What the hell is going on?" Sean frantically whispered back.
With fear in his voice Bryan replied, "Something just smashed into the building down the street, and destroyed it. There's something else with it. I don’t know what it is though."
BOOM! The sound of another building collapsed. Accompanied by a high pitched noise. The sound grew closer and closer to their hideout.
"I think whatever it is, it’s outside the door" Sean whispered in fear.
He was abruptly interrupted by the sound of something ripping open the door to the building. They both peeked over, seeing nothing but smoke that rose from the opening. A high pitched noise imminenated from within the smoke. They looked and started seeing a shadow of a humanoid like thing within the smoke. Though the smoke was too thick to distinguish what it was clearly.


© 2016 clay robey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on April 21, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016


Author

clay robey
clay robey

Pittsburgh , PA



About
I am a new author from the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area, and proud of it. I write to express my true emotions and dreams. Just trying to make a name for myself. more..

Writing
What happened What happened

A Chapter by clay robey