He's Here

He's Here

A Chapter by Jenny-Jen-Jen
"

ahh okay

"
ISABELLA


        It didn't take long for me to retrieve full consciousness. Everything was explained to me, but I didn't care enough to listen. Someone had found me, in my dorm room, lying unconscious on the floor. They called the paramedics, but didn't stick around for much more. Typical of the feigns around here.

        The doctors didn't do much with me, they accepted my problems and, I presume, only thought of me as a lost cause. I'd be out of here as soon as I could find a councilor to sign me out. How soon that would be was the only question. Knowing the adults back at school, they'd probably like the idea of me staying in a hospital for a few days, or weeks.

        I fail at repressing a sigh as my thoughts take me deeper within myself. It surprises me when I hear the door open, slowly. I focus my eyes towards it, expecting another nurse or even the doctor.

        He walks in, timidly, eyes focusing on me as soon as they finds me. He bites his bottom lip, his eyes scrutinizing and pulling together in concern as he see's my restraints around my wrists. He turns and closes the door behind him and leaves his hand on the handle for a moment.

        I expect him to leave again; run while he can. I already wish he'd opt out and leave, for his sake. He turns back to me; pain visible in his eyes. I feel my strength being ripped from my soul. I'm causing him pain, just as I did to my mother, my whole family. I'm still the monster I was back then; nothing has changed.

        He walks, slowly over to me. He's close to breaking the skin on his lip. Whatever he's thinking, he can't put it to words. "Christopher.." I try, but he exhales, letting all the breath he'd saved up flow out quickly. "Isabella.." He stops me, before I can even say more than his name.

        "I know you don't want me here, I know you don't want to let me in�" He says, running a hand through his hair, nearly ripping it out with the motion. I open my mouth as he pauses, but I'm not quick enough to get a word in. "But I can't stand by and watch you suffer anymore. It's killing me and I'm just hoping you'll let me stay." He says, his eyes now burning into mine.

        I can't deny the fact that he speaks with truth. I can tell he isn't bluffing, and this scares me. He's in this deeper than I had thought possible. I thought he wanted his escape but now he's telling me he wants to find a way in. I'm getting what I wanted, but I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not.

        His expression falls after I remain silent. "I'm sorry." He says, shaking his head. "But I know you trusted me earlier. You opened up to me, and you can do it again. I know you can." He says, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed, taking my hand in his.

        He looks at the restraints for a minute and then anger flickers across his face. "Idiots." He mutters under his breath as he yanks the restraints free from my wrists. He tosses them across the room and they land in the corner. I feel breathless as he takes my hand back into his.

        "Isabella, please; please." He says, forcing his eyes upon me once more. "You can trust me. Let me be the one you rely on." He pleads, running his thumb over my hand. I open my mouth to say something, what I'm unsure, but all that comes out is a soft cry.

        The tears rush to my eyes and begin falling without warning. The pain I'm inflicting on him now is easy to see. He doesn't like to see me cry, but I cannot control the emotion. "Shh, shh." He says, as he comes closer. He pulls me up into his arms and though my first response is to push him away, he holds on tight and refuses to let me go.

        I fall limp in his arms and he continues to hush me, soothing me until my cries fall silent, muffled in his shirt. "I'm here, Isabella." His voice is whispered in my ear, keeping me calm. "And I'm not going anywhere." He promises, placing his hand on my hair, holding me against his chest. I quiet myself, as he begins to hum a soft tune. I listen to his heart beat and accept the new path I've chosen in my life.


© 2009 Jenny-Jen-Jen


Author's Note

Jenny-Jen-Jen
like? hate?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this! Don't have anything else to say but just keep up the good work! (Saying this alot cause that is really all I have to say)

Posted 15 Years Ago


ahhhh!! i cant wait for more!!!!! hurry with the updates! oh, and by the way, incase you couldn't tell, i loved it. Great Job!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2009


Author

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Jenny-Jen-Jen

Mo-Town, NC



About
Death is Peaceful. Life is Harder. I base my writing upon what comes to mind, what I'm going through, and true feelings. I'm opinionated, and sometimes you'll see that shine through the cracks of m.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Poem by Jenny-Jen-Jen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wanting Wanting

A Chapter by Jenny-Jen-Jen


Less Human Less Human

A Chapter by Jenny-Jen-Jen