Goodbye

Goodbye

A Chapter by Jenny-Jen-Jen
"

Twisting it and making it interesting :D

"

ISABELLA

 

The moment I walked into the office, I knew the choice had been made. I froze in the doorway, not wanting to hear the news. “Isabella,” Mr. McHenry sighs, defeat clear in his voice. “The process for your scholarship could take up to three weeks to sort out.” The answer to any question I could have is right there, in his words. I’m going home.

 

“So you’ll be coming home with me.” My father interjects, as if it wasn’t obvious. From then on, my ears begin to close themselves up and I ignore all the small talk between the dean and my father. It was over, and my only chance, my only hope had been destroyed.

 

I wonder how I’ll say goodbye to Christopher. I don’t believe I can. I’ve felt so connected to him the past few days, and I’ve finally started trusting someone else with my heart, with my strength. My guard was taken down, only to prove that it would only cause me pain.

 

I fear the new life I’m entering. My family. I don’t expect them to treat me any different than my father had. I don’t expect anything but pain from here on out. What keeps me guessing is why my father would settle for this. There must be a catch, something extra I have yet to find out about.

 

Sharp pains begin to stab into my chest, and I feel the blackness taking over. I feel the stone reforming over my body, my shell forming. My protective shield is coming up, and I half way want to throw it away. What’s the use anymore?

 

The subtle, cool hands around my wrist bring me back to the present. I feel my muscles tense in my body and the sudden escape of breath from my lips nearly force me to choke. Suddenly, his arms are around me, pulling me up and into his chest. My eyes refocus to clarity and I realize my father and Mr. McHenry have left the room.

 

I can’t find the movement in my own body to embrace Christopher back. I fall limp in his arms as he strokes my hair, murmuring something in my ear. What, I’m unsure. “Christopher..” I believe I’ve cut him off. The murmuring has stopped and I focus my eyes on his.

 

They practically knock me down, the pain is so vivid. “Shh, shh.” He says, forcing me to realize I’m crying. Harder than usual, and sobbing. Usually, my crying is quiet. It frightens me that it’s so uncontrollable now. His arms tighten around me and he begins to murmur again.

 

I try to focus on his words, but the fear of what’s happening is too much to ignore. I watch his eyes, through my blurred vision, his voice growing faint. I’m losing my connection to him and I can’t even fight for it. I know I’m slipping and I know I’m falling. I just wish I didn’t have to hurt him this way.

 

“Alright, you’ve said goodbye.” My fathers voice was unmistakable. As a new set of arms form around me, I feel the pull. Christopher’s arms slip away and my vision goes black. I can tell I’m walking, walking away, but I can’t keep up with what is going on. It’s all a repeated motion, to my feet. One foot in front of the other, mechanical.

 

Emotionally, I’m gone. I see blackness, feeling nothing, fear nothing, but I expect the end. I expect this to be the final cut, the final blow. The sound of a car door slam and the uncomfortable feel of vinyl seat covers underneath me help me realize I’m really leaving.

 

I listen for the rev of the engine, and soon I feel the movement beneath me. I struggle to find the window, and as my vision comes and goes, I catch a final glimpse of Christopher, watching as the car drives away, taking me away.



© 2009 Jenny-Jen-Jen


Author's Note

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Hope you like it, more soon. Give me a review :] what do you think thus far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWWW! well i hope everything turns out all right!! and oncde again Great Job!!! caant wait for more.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Jenny-Jen-Jen

Mo-Town, NC



About
Death is Peaceful. Life is Harder. I base my writing upon what comes to mind, what I'm going through, and true feelings. I'm opinionated, and sometimes you'll see that shine through the cracks of m.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Poem by Jenny-Jen-Jen