Holding The Hope

Holding The Hope

A Chapter by Jenny-Jen-Jen
"

yay third chapter today. im on a roll.

"

CHRISTOPHER

 

I couldn’t control the emotions from taking me out of the position I was now caught in. I had to do something, and I knew I had to do it now. She would be gone, out of my life forever if I didn’t find a way to stop her father from stealing her away from me.

 

“Lisa, we’ve got to stop him.” I plead, after they’ve gone. Her warm smile is true; she understands. “Don’t worry, he can’t just take her without talking to admissions. He’s on his way there now.” She says, leading me towards campus. I don’t understand how that’s going to help us, not now.

 

Lisa hurriedly walks with me towards a large building I’m unfamiliar with. “Our luck is her fathers inexperience on our campus.” She mutters as we approach the building. She picks up the pace as we enter the building, walking right past the front desk, heading to an office at the end of the hall.

 

I follow, my eyes running everywhere, taking in the expressions of those around us. They are absent, unaware of the activity happening before them. I wonder if they’d care, if they knew my story, Isabella’s story.

 

As we approach this office door, I notice the name. Patrick McHenry. Of course, he’s the schools dean. If anyone could help, it would be him. Lisa knocks but doesn’t wait for a greeting before she walks right in, dragging my relentless self with her.

 

“Hi Patrick.” She smiles, as soon as we’re both in the room. The man that sits behind the desk is tan, and has a short, buzzed hair cut, the color of Isabella’s hair. I sigh at the thought. I can’t lose her now. “Hi Lisa, I see we have a guest.” His chipper talk annoys me.

 

“Why yes, this young man has a few requests that have to do with Miss Isabella St. James.” Lisa says, looking towards me. I feel dumbfounded by her words. I don’t know what to ask. “Ah, yes. Her father is on his way to withdraw today.” He actually sounds disappointed. “I’ve watched that girl, it’s a shame they can’t afford the tuition anymore.”

 

So that’s why he’s taking her. He can’t afford it? “Why not give her a scholarship?” I blurt out, and Lisa nods. “I think that would be a wonderful idea. I’m her councilor, and I see greatness in this young girl.” She’s working with me, fighting as quickly as she can. Who knows how soon her father would be walking through the doors, ready to take Isabella away.

 

“Guys, you know how long it might take to get those details arranged, plus it has to be approved by the board.” Mr. McHenry begins his lines of excuses. “Well help us convince her father to let her stay while it’s processed!” I scream, losing my control. “Young man, I will not tolerate your tone on this subject. I can only do so much.” He scowls, growing angry at me.

 

I realize if I don’t cool it, I could lose this argument easily, and he’d help Isabella right out to the car and out of my life. “I’m sorry sir, but I need her to stay. She needs to stay.” I say, my body completely tense, struggling to keep my words steady. “I’m sure Isabella would be willing to work to pay for her tuition. She’d volunteer, I could even help out.. I’d volunteer and help your school as much as possible..” I begin to ramble.

 

Lisa looks back and forth from me to Mr. McHenry as I continue to babble. “Son.” He stops me. “I can see you want her to stay. Believe me, I do trust you would do all that is in your power to keep her here. I believe the scholarship has promise, but I cannot assure you her father would agree.” He states. He places his hands on his desk, looking from me to Lisa.

 

“If you think you can get the board together for an emergency meeting, be my guest. I can only stall Isabella’s father so long. And in the long run, it will be his decision to consider it or not.” Before he’s finished I’m thanking him.

 

Lisa thanks him also and tells him to work his magic as long as he can. Mr. McHenry agrees, giving me a hopeful look as we exit. Lisa pulls me into a room and begins rummaging through files. “How are we going to make this work?” I ask, doubtful, though I try to keep my hope alive. “Phone numbers.” She mumbles, pulling something from her pocket and tossing it to me. It’s her cell phone.

 

She looks up at me for a second and smiles. She‘s hopeful, and she trust‘s her plan t work. “I have most of the board on speed dial. I’m getting the rest here.” She says, motioning towards the file cabinet. “Get calling, we don’t have much time.”



© 2009 Jenny-Jen-Jen


Author's Note

Jenny-Jen-Jen
I wanted to post this chapter because I figured making you wait for an update would not only get some people irritated, but it would keep me fidgeting at work. I'll post more tomorrow. I wont be home again until late, so I guess now was your chance to catch up. Do you like it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

is this the end? when are you going to post the end? I LOVED IT!!!!!! XXXXX just what happens to Izabella? does she go away? tell us please!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like it xD i love it actually :)
the tension is amazing,
and the storyline is so addictive
I really do hate her dad right now �_�
i really really do.

great job

star*noble
xxx

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2009


Author

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Jenny-Jen-Jen

Mo-Town, NC



About
Death is Peaceful. Life is Harder. I base my writing upon what comes to mind, what I'm going through, and true feelings. I'm opinionated, and sometimes you'll see that shine through the cracks of m.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Poem by Jenny-Jen-Jen