Flynn

Flynn

A Chapter by Jay S
"

Flynn's perspective (1)

"

Hi my name is Flynn Asher and this is my view of this story. I was Anya’s boyfriend and a fellow player of this game.


I killed 10. The words he spoke still lingered in my mind as I retreated Anya’s wounds. The words he had measled out of his grinning face when he died, “Future will be blood, blood will be future. pain will be love, love will be pain. For death comes, and insanity is a gift of death.”


I didn’t understand it, yet it tore at my mind like a spreading disease. I would soon know just what that riddle meant.


When I finished treating Anya’s wounds I could tell she was worried about me. She always worried like that when anything happened. I loved her, she was my one joy in life. She seemed to have changed so much in the few days we have been playing this game. she seemed so down yet ready for anything. It worried me, probably just as much as it worried her that I killed someone. She was the sweetest soul I ever met, and I think that was, her Achilles heel.


She looked up at me with those brilliant brown eyes of hers and said, “ What did 10 say? I know he said something to you and I can tell it really has gotten to you.”


I knew what he said yet I still lied to my light in life and said, “ I didn’t hear it, it just troubled me that I didn’t hear his last words, that’s all.”


I could tell she saw straight through my lie and said, “ I can tell you heard what he said but it’s OK if you don’t want to tell me if it was that bad.”

I saw it in her eyes that she wanted to know what he had said, but it was in her best interest that she didn’t know what he had said. For it would tear at her mind as well and that would help neither of us.


Her wounds this time were much worse when they reopened and she would not be going to school in the morning. So we would have to make up something to tell Ana, Taos, and Lili. It better be good to or else they will see right through it and come over here and that would just be more trouble.


I saw her start to sway a bit, her eyes looked like they were getting heavy, then she suddenly passed out. I freaked out, because I didn’t know what I would do if she died. I would not be able to live without her. Yet I didn’t have that much medical training, and I may not have been able to keep her alive and that would kill me.


Her pulse raced and her face went pale, I felt her forehead and she was burning up. I knew what it was, an infection to the wounds, that wasn’t good. I thought I had checked her wounds thoroughly, but I guess I hadn’t and now it may just be the end of her, and if she had died I would never forgive myself.


I ran upstairs to get the medicine to clean her wounds. When I got back she was even worse, I needed more materials than what I had here, and there was no way we could go to a hospital. I needed to steal hospital supplies.

I tried my best to medicate her, but her face was going pale, and her breath was getting faint. Her skin was so cold, and I could barely find her pulse. I carefully lifted her up off the floor and set her on my bed, covered her with the softest blankets I had, and rushed out the door.


With a gun in my back pocket and a knife in my belt I headed into the hospital. I waltzed into the hospital, my heart was racing, and my hands were sweating up a storm. A doctor came up to me, and asked me if I needed any help, and I froze, not thinking I shoved him into the janitor's closet on my left. I whipped out my gun and put it to his head.


"Give me your administrative keys and badges, NOW!"


He looked at me with innocence in his eyes, and gave me his administrative keys and badges with shaky hands.


I looked at him and told him this, “I’m sorry, I need some medical supplies for my girlfriend or she will die. Please forgive me.”


After that I Sprinted into the white supply room, filled with the smell of rubbing alcohol and Lysol. I fumbled through the equipment until I found what I was looking for. I had only taken about a year of medical classes so I barely knew what I was doing. I got the things I needed and skulked out of the back doors of the hospital.

When I got back to the basement, Anya’s condition was way too close to fatal than I could take. I rushed to help her but I knew nothing about what was happening to her.

I knew I had to take her into the hospital. I had just robbed the place and I was going to have to go back, god I was stupid.

I set down the tools I just stole, and heaved her almost dead body onto my back, careful not to hit her wounds. I put her in the back seat of my car, and drove as fast as I could back to  the hospital.

When we arrived I got immediate help, and was rushed into a room, and with my amazing luck, was assigned the very doctor who I had shoved in a closet and robbed at gunpoint.

He looked at her and gasped in shock, at me, then at her wounds. I was so prepared for him to scream and yell that I had robbed him, and for them to take me away, but he never did. He just sighed and gave me a pat on  the back.

With sympathy surging through his eyes he said, “ I see now why you took the supplies, my name is Meii, you can contact me whenever you need medical help.”


In shock I said, “ Why would you dare help us? I robbed you, I violated the law, why?”


“ Why, well I know what you are going through, as soon as I saw you I knew, you are part of the game.”


“What your a player too! what makes you think that we won’t kill you?!”

“I could see it in your eyes when you first robbed me, you have not the heart to kill.”


“Well why should we trust you, how do we know you’re not going to kill us?”

I knew at first look of this guy that he never meant a soul harm, yet I couldn’t take the chance of him killing us. I knew this, yet I had to save Anya, so I had to take his help.


He never did reply to why he wouldn’t kill us, you would think that would be a red flag, but it didn’t even cross my mind.


“ I don’t care, just save her!” I said with hope in my soul that I felt shined through to him for he replied with,“ I know how to help just leave and I will take care of it.” he said with pure kindness in his eyes, "And no, I am not a player, but I do know of the game


I still felt edgy about trusting this strange man that I had just robbed. Yet I had to get help for her, he was my only chance. For if anyone else would help us they would recognize me as the robber, not an ally.


I left the room and waited in the waiting room, just sitting there like a herded cattle, waiting for someone to notice I was the robber that stole hundreds of dollars of equipment.


A few hours later Doctor Meii came and led me back to her sitting in her hospital bed, all soft and cozy.


“She will be asleep like this for several days, I recommend going home and waiting for me to call you when she regains consciousness.” He said softly.

“No way! I can’t just leave her! I must stay with her, I can’t risk her getting hurt again.” I said with an obvious sternness in my voice.


“Fine suit yourself, I’ll be checking in on you two every so often, so if you need anything just call me.” He sighed as he handed me a number to call him on.



© 2016 Jay S


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on December 9, 2016
Last Updated on December 9, 2016
Tags: new perspective


Author

Jay S
Jay S

About
I am I new writer, I have been working on Insanity for over a year, and am working on uploading what I have so far. I am a big fan of anything horror, and I will be glad to review anything you hav.. more..

Writing
prolougue prolougue

A Chapter by Jay S


The game The game

A Chapter by Jay S


The Hunt The Hunt

A Chapter by Jay S