Anya (6)

Anya (6)

A Chapter by Jay S

It had been a week since I had returned, and still no sign of the other players. I had looked for any police records of murder, or random disappearances, but nothing came up. I knew that there were at least 9 players left. Because there were 13 players to begin with, minus the 3 that me and Flynn had killed. So why couldn’t I find any? There had to be some way for me to find them.


They were good at hiding, I mean, they had to. They were far better than I was back then. They knew how to survive in the shadows, unlike myself.


On Monday of the second week, I heard something from the workers in the cafeteria as I ate my food. They gossiped every morning, about what they thought of the people here, and how they felt about whatever was big on television. That day though, I took an interest in their idle gossip. It was for they were gossiping about a suspicious man who came in about a day after I did, they said he came in looking completely dirty,full of muck and dirt. Just  like he had been traveling for a long time. They said he kept mumbling about finding someone, over and over, he kept repeating that he had to find someone. This led me to believe that there was a player held up in this hotel.


It took the rest of the week for me to get chummy with the cooks. They were really defensive, bitchy women. I did eventually become their "friend", and I heard that this suspicious character lived in the room right next to mine. I wanted to go and investigate, but I did not know if that was a smart idea. For he might be here looking for me. If he was here looking for me, he would probably find me soon, for I have already found him.


There was one thing I was sure of, I was sure that this man was a part of the game. I hated calling this horrible state a game. It caused so much pain, but that was in fact what it was, a game. A sick twisted game that only had two outcomes, kill and live, or die.


I had only one thing to do, kill and live. Even if it wasn’t what I wanted, I had to kill. I hated to say it. I mean it tore and trashed every fiber of what was left of my soul to say. It butchered me to say it, but  killing was getting easier. It only was a small fraction of a percent easier. Only the smallest bit easier, but yet it felt like the world's difference. I could kill now without going into a complete state of panic, and that scared me. It scared me so much that it hurt worse than what I felt when I first killed. Yet, there was nothing I could do, I had to kill again. Or I would be the one to end up killed.


I had to sit and take a breath. The blood. The memory of the thick, gooey, warm blood flushed back into my mind. I could feel the warmth on my skin, the wetness. It all felt like the first time I felt it. The splatter of fresh blood on my face felt so real.


I went up to my room, and cautiously watched the room next to mine, because I knew what lurked there, and it terrified me.

I turned on the shower and let the room steam up as I undressed and entered the warm water. The water flowing over my face triggered a small day dream.


The warm water flowing from the spout turned into fresh blood. Dark and creamy running over my face, neck and torso. I opened my eyes and saw the blood, and I frantically tried to wash it away, I scrubbed and scrubbed at my flesh until i was shocked out of my dream and noticed I had scrubbed my body so hard and vigorously that I had started to bleed. My own blood rushed over my legs and down the drain. Mixing in with the clean water, turning everything a light red tint.


I turned off the water and wrapped a towel over my raw, bleeding, and bare skin. The roughness of the towel burned my freshly wounded skin. My blood soaked the towel, but I didn't pay much mind to it as I sat on my white linen sheets and ruined them, too.


I numbly watched whatever channel was on then, I have no idea what it was now.


I fell asleep there, in that blood soaked towel atop my red stained sheets, and I did not dream.







© 2016 Jay S


Author's Note

Jay S
sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been very busy for the holiday season.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on December 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2016
Tags: Horror, insanity, friendship, suspense, love, mystery, death


Author

Jay S
Jay S

About
I am I new writer, I have been working on Insanity for over a year, and am working on uploading what I have so far. I am a big fan of anything horror, and I will be glad to review anything you hav.. more..

Writing
prolougue prolougue

A Chapter by Jay S


The game The game

A Chapter by Jay S


The Hunt The Hunt

A Chapter by Jay S