Anya (4)

Anya (4)

A Chapter by Jay S

I woke up in a pool of dark chunky blood, my head was pounding. I opened my eyes and saw the monstrosity in front of me. There were bodies everywhere, 30 or 40 of them sprawled over the house, and even more in front and in the yard. I couldn’t remember anything past the point of Flynn leaving.


Until, that is, I looked down and saw the bloodied axe, the axe I used to kill all these people.


The memories all came flooding back at once.


The sheriff had knocked on Flynn's door, then when I didn’t answer, they broke it down and charged in.


It took only seconds before gunshots were fired, one hit me in the leg, and the rest was a blur.


All I remember from then on was my own hysterical laughter and the screams of the cops that were killed.


My leg, I looked down at my own leg, the bullet had made a clean break all the way through my leg, I could no longer move it.


I tried but I couldn’t budge my leg.


My breaths slowly got faster as I kept trying to move my leg, I started hyperventilating and screaming.


After a few minutes of trying to move my broken leg I gave up on it and crawled out into the street, and then remembered Doctor. Meii.

I then started dragging myself in the direction of the hospital. I tried very carefully to stay on the back streets and not be seen.


An hour later I finally made it to the hospital and crawled around to the back.


Once I got there I saw Dr. Meii standing out there smoking a cigarette. He turned to me, at first in shock, then in horror.


“Oh my god!” He exclaimed, “Come in, now!”


He picked me up and carried me into his office.


When he set me down on the table, pain shot through me like the bullet that had caused it.


“Oh dear, what happened!”


“I got shot dumbass,”


“ I know that but how?”


“The cops found the bodies and showed up at the house and shot me, then I killed them all,”


“Oh,”


He then gave me some Anastasia, and in seconds I was unconscious.


When I awoke he was not in the room, and I had new clothes, bandages around my leg, and I was clean.


I could move my leg.


I attempted to stand but the instant any pressure was put on the leg it screamed in a burning and awful stabbing pain.


I pulled myself back on the table and waited for Dr.Meii to return.

Minutes passed, minutes which seemed like decades, each passing second slower than the last, but he did return.


When he returned, there was a look in his eyes I had never seen before.


Insanity, for the first time I had seen true insanity.


This look was not even in the eyes of the player Flynn had killed, no that look was the look of contempt and happiness in the Insanity.


This, this was something altogether different, something so terrifying, yet so amazing, something that would change me forever.


“Hey, sorry to keep you waiting so long,” Dr.Meii finally broke, what seemed like an eternal silence.


“Huh, o-oh hey, what's the scoop on my leg so far?” I said, startled by the sudden speech.


“Oh yes, the leg, you just tore a small tendon, it was no problem to fix, but it does have quite a long recuperation time.”


“How long exactly?”


“8 weeks at least,” He said with a small sadness seeping into his voice, like he had known that that was too long, by then, my life would be gone.


“ That’s not the worst of it, you'll be incapable of moving the injured leg for that 8 weeks, so a wheelchair is necessary.”


“A what!” With a wheelchair I would never survive, I wouldn't be able to get away or travel, I realized then, that I had no chance at surviving for a week, none the less winning.  


“The good news is that I have a place that you can hold up for those 8 weeks. It is in the middle of nowhere, and not even my closest friends or family know about it, it will be the safest possible place for you to stay under the radar for the recovery,”


“When do I leave,” I had to get out of that town before the cops realized what had happened at my place, and before they shut off all travel between towns and districts. Before I got trapped in and killed.”


“The rides already here,” He said, as he brought in a wheelchair.


He laughed and gave me a look. I sighed and I let him lift me into the chair.


My leg seared as he lifted me, and even worse when my legs hit the cold plastic of the chair.


He wheeled me out of the back door and waiting there was a relatively tall blonde with a leather jacket and a cigarette in hand.


“Load her up and let's get this show on the road,” The boy said, in a raspy, hostile voice that caught me just a bit off guard.


“Gotcha,” Meii said, and quickly loaded me into the back of the white hunk of junk van. He tied the wheelchair to a rusty pole and shut the doors.


The whole drive was pitch black, every now and then we’d hit a bump in the road and i’d slide down the pole.


The drive took at least 4 good hours, it reassured me that we had gotten far enough away from the town.


The boy opened up the door to the van and the sun burned my eyes. He grabbed the rails of my wheelchair harshly and rolled me into a shabby little white cottage.


I looked around and all I saw for miles was grassland, and beyond that, sand. No civilization as far as the eye can see. That gave me a small ray of joy, I knew we were safe there for a small time.


When I entered the small cottage, it smelled like old wood, and sod. There was a small gas lit stove in the corner, two small bedrooms, barely able to fit both me and the bed, and a small living room containing a tube television and one old stained leather couch.


The weeks I spent in that place passed quite uneventfully. I would wake, stiff in the inch thick cot, looking up at the brown stained ceiling. I would turn myself slowly to the side, trying not to harm my leg, and I would ring the bronze bell on the water damaged, cracked, and broken end table, calling for that blonde boy who drove me here to get me up and in my wheelchair.


Me and him would have short awkward conversations as we ate food he had prepared for me and then he would clean up after me and disappear somewhere.


I usually sat in the small living room and practiced my hand to hand combat since my legs were useless then.

From time to time I would turn on the television and without fail I would see either me or Flynn's face somewhere.


When my parents arrived back from the cooking convention, they were interviewed and questioned until the cops finally figured out that they did not know anything. They had not been sad, or mad it had seemed. They, if anything seemed joyful that I was gone, that the mistake of the family was nowhere to be found.


the day before my last day of my stay up in the middle of nowhere, I was taught how to walk again.


I woke up at the crack of dawn and rolled out into the pasture, slid my wheelchair away and spend hours upon hours learning how to stand.


Even longer learning how to walk and keep my balance, but I did it. By the time the sun had set I had been able to keep a steady walk, and by dawn the next day, I was running again.


We took a different car back into town, because I no longer had the need for the wheelchair.


It took even longer getting back into town unnoticed. The town was on full lockdown, still after 8 weeks they were still on high alert for any sign of me or Flynn.


As far as I knew, they still had not found Flynn, which sent waves of joy into me every day that I heard the search stayed cold.


I had made it back into town.


I did not know what lied in store for me. I did not know that it all would have been so much better if I had never returned to Yuna, the town I grew up in, and loved for so many years.









© 2016 Jay S


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter is really great! Loved every part of it! Keep up the good work!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2016
Last Updated on December 13, 2016
Tags: horror, book, novel, new author, death, murder, thriller, love


Author

Jay S
Jay S

About
I am I new writer, I have been working on Insanity for over a year, and am working on uploading what I have so far. I am a big fan of anything horror, and I will be glad to review anything you hav.. more..

Writing
prolougue prolougue

A Chapter by Jay S


The game The game

A Chapter by Jay S


The Hunt The Hunt

A Chapter by Jay S