5 Guardian

5 Guardian

A Chapter by Kyle A. Smith

 

5 Guardian

 

Something had to have happened to me during the battle. When I slept that night (well I thought it was night), I slept restlessly with Dreams of the attacker and dreams of the City; memories that were not my own.  Yet I could see, so vividly in my sleep.

            I awoke to the blackness again. I walked a mile from the battleground that I had developed. I still felt exhausted. I don’t know if from the battle, or from the feeling of living another life in sleep. I got up and went on the move. I must have only slept for six hours. The sun was gone, and my only means of time telling. It was harder to count hours.

            The Path was harder then I thought. I had no choice but to kill that man. He stood in my path to the one thing that will ensure City survives forever. I did learn from him…come to think of it. City was part of my dream, and before I woke, I could have sworn I seen Brother. No matter. I’m sure it was nothing. Maybe just a curse placed upon my head, but the gods shall protect anyways; maybe not.

            Still, I felt uneasy. Pains throughout my mind had me clawing at it. I walked in hazy retort of my body, and grasping my chest as it too was struck with sting. It shivered with waves in all my parts now. I continued to walk for what it seemed like hours until I collapsed.

During my fall I heard “Oh Aid.” That voice, the same one that caused that clear velvet. “I don’t know why, but my soul has become a part of you…” the voice said with slight humor. “Rather interesting. The Son of Scott himself, with a power that his Father does not. Surprising; very surprising indeed…to insure my survival, I should tell you much information. First, there are a total of sixteen of us, second your Father has the Artifact; The end.”

“Sixteen? Meaning that there are more?”

“Oh yes. I told you that I was a scout, and one of the weakest. Don’t worry, not by much are any of the others stronger.”

“You are a part of me then eh?”

“I appear to be. But the chains that bind me to you have some sort of gap in them.”

“Meaning?”

“Meaning that I can somehow be let loose, but that is limited to how much energy you have. It also appears that, with my bond, I impose some dark magic. Nothing to worry about now, but if I am here for a long period of time…”

“What would happen?”

“You would become…lost to the void and darkness…” his voice trailed off.

“Lost…?” He did not answer me.

“Your name, what is it?”

“No relevance nor do I remember it. But also, just so you know, I can amplify your powers.”

“Is that so? Will you? Will you help me in my journey?”

“I will do everything in my power to ensure my survival which means your survival. I will fight as one with you; no matter what.”

I grinned wickedly in the grass.

 



© 2008 Kyle A. Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on February 15, 2008


Author

Kyle A. Smith
Kyle A. Smith

MI



About
The only thing that i truly know that drives me is my music, the rest is just all jumbled together with everything, and it all seems to be connected. What I get out of that, is trials, dreams, love, a.. more..

Writing