12

12

A Chapter by Kyle A. Smith

12

 

            The same feeling as before came into view. This time I didn’t have the ‘comfort’ of sleep to quiet most of it. Excruciating pain followed the whole night. My soul tore itself into shreds, and my prisoners argued, tearing it more. I was in the same spot for hours. The pain would not stop as more and more memory flooded in.  

            My curse started to grow again. The wind held much power, and with that power, an equal amount of hate. I was on the verge of Six; so they said. If I were to battle right now, I could enter it.

            The storm defiantly did damage to this house. ‘If only they had warned me of the Winds power. I guess it could have been worse…I would have needed to face them to get Life either way’ I thought holding back the hurt.

            One thing was for sure, I did not sleep that night.

            The voices claimed it to be morning. The pain faded bit by bit, but the days of feeling free were over. It was a nice change, but this is my burden, this is my curse, and my Path that I must walk for City.

            I slowly got up. I successfully made it through the night, if that’s what you want to call it. The sun never returned since I ate. Its warmth…if only I could feel it once more. It seemed so long since I seen it. Oh so very long…

            Fully erect now, my stance that of a drunkard after a long night. I knew the Four Winds have caused even more fallout to the collapse of my being. They were good now as I trade my Light to them, and in returned received Darkness; my curse.

            They told of where the Tower of Life lay, and it’s not too many defenses. Leader, number fourteen, was the only one privileged enough to enter that place. He told of how it was just my Father, and a black cloaked other; my Father being the Sixteenth and last man. It sounded easy enough, but I still wasn’t too sure. I speculated in the brief moment of sanity I was allowed on why this was happening the way it did. There was no one else. Just my Father and his partner meaning that my Brother…had surely died weaponless; I felt guilty that he had given me his weapon that he worked so hard for. He didn’t stand a chance with nothing to attack with out here. Let alone the fact of the curse of the land itself, which I seemed to be invulnerable to; it was just the beings tied to my soul that made it grow.

            The Winds made it very clear that they were to help me as well. To ensure my survival is the debt they would have to pay to City. They promised to take me.

            “We shall ride the Winds of course. Normally on foot, it equals to be at least one hundred miles, a mere four day hike. But with the Winds, we shall fly you there for those four days. You need your rest Master, and we will give that to you.” I could sense him bowing inside my mind.

            “Close your eyes Master, you are in for a long slumber.” My eyes gently rolled to the back of my head. “Goodnight Sir Aiden” I heard them all collectively say as I drifted…

            Apparently being the fourth day, seeing as I awoke a voice in my mind said “thank you for flying the East Winds. Have an enjoyable landing.” My eyes were crusty and weak to the light.

            Yeah…so…I started to freefall, plummeting back to the Earth. I must have been at least a mile up. My pure red robe, stained with nothing, whipped with the wind created from my decent. I had no idea what was going on. My vision was blurring as my eyes watered up from the Wind. I heard mocking laughter inside. ‘This is not a game…’ I thought and looked down to see the ground only seconds away.

            I had no fear of death, only the remorse that if I did die, I would not have fulfilled my purpose to City…I looked down at the ground again and braced myself for the impacting door to the next world.

            “Eh mate! We was just bluffin’.” One of the voices of the Wind said chuckling, perhaps the smaller one, the boy. I stopped, literally three inches from the ground that sealed my DeathNote.

            I fell to the ground from my suspension and landed on my feet. Panic stricken somewhat, I breathed “where is the tower?”

            “Well, its right in front of you my dashing good man.”

            I looked all around, but all I could focus on was the mountains surrounding that were draped across the half-black skies. Their peaks silhouetted against the purple setting, meaning perhaps that the sun was rising…

            “You need to touch to gain the sight of its magnificent power. Walk about…eh, fifteen meters in front of you” the Leader, fourteen, said.

            I walked blindly with an arm outstretched to touch in front of me. Finally I felt a cold stone that pierced through my gauntlet and glove. Where my hand was placed upon the invisible rock, a ripple-wave made the illusion of the tower to appear from nothing. “Thar she blows!” and the voices cheered with jubilation.

            “That’s it?” the must have been at least only ten meters across, but sailing forever upward; maybe a mile or two.

            I gazed all the way up until its vanishing point that was obscured by clouds, while the beings inside chatted excitedly. I nodded in agreement. We made it. We really did. I smiled, feeling accomplishment.

            “Hello Son.”

            I whipped my head back down hard to see a man with a plastered grin on his face along with a black hooded assistant-man.

 



© 2008 Kyle A. Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on May 9, 2008


Author

Kyle A. Smith
Kyle A. Smith

MI



About
The only thing that i truly know that drives me is my music, the rest is just all jumbled together with everything, and it all seems to be connected. What I get out of that, is trials, dreams, love, a.. more..

Writing