7 Remaining Seven

7 Remaining Seven

A Chapter by Kyle A. Smith

 

7 Remaining Seven

 

I awoke the same feeling as before; living another life through the dreams of sleep. As if I went through a vast library of memory in hour’s time. I felt exhausted and more vulnerable, but still not scared; perhaps filled with a more relishing power.

I heard the third voice inside my head; yeah, the third voice: my own, Ones, and now, that monster.  It was harder to keep track of the devils arguments, as they sat in their respect locked cells. I grabbed my head hoping to numb the pain. I felt different. Maybe more of the curse had consumed…

Four was angry at being imprisoned and very surprised to see One; the person he was looking four but found me.

I felt Four’s evil presence. I just woke and already I was feeling the loss of my grip on life. Was it corruption? Was his power and darkness flowing through me? I felt heavy and sat in a stupor whilst they continued to argue deep inside my skull.

I knelt, feeling sick, and I grinded my teeth at the pain as a result. One kept telling me the time in secret of Four. He explained the situation to the evil inside me, and little by little, Four began to understand. He knew that I now must be kept alive for his own survival. He too, agreed to help when I ask. As he knew more and more, the waves of torment ceased. Still, I felt it locked nestled at my core; the curse, the corruption.

Still, I felt more power, more allies, and more strength. He shared valuable information that One did not have, or was never aware of. It seems as the light of my soul uncovered the darkness of theirs, a type of…divine trade so to speak; a bond of souls. It was a pooling of all memory into one mind, and how much more could I last before the curse I have grabs and holds me tighter, and pulls me further down? I could not answer such questions. I contemplated these things in the lair of my mind they could not see, and of course to block out their dialogue. I did hear Four start talking about the remaining seven of the nine, and that the path to them is perpetual, and unchanging.

“You could go the way you think is backwards and go back the way you came, and you will still be going forward, right into the rabbit’s hole.”

I asked, “What exactly is this rabbit hole? Is it just the seven that you have spoken of?”

“Just? You think that number is too few? That is a small army Mr. Scott. But to answer your question, yes, but nothing ever comes there and leaves alive. Mind you most there, like myself, have contracted vampirism. The thirst for blood must be quenched sometimes I am afraid.”

“…Vampires?”

“There are now only three, including me, along with a darker green male, and a female. They have both retained some form of a human shape. The small army used to be vast; they controlled many vampires, ten to twenty perhaps. I was devoured upon entering that place. But Life granted me another chance. That is how I am still alive today…for the most part. Sadly most of that memory is gone…strange. I had it earlier today. But that is how I came to be this, but then taken in by the Life Giver.”

“My Father?”

“The very one.”

“Will I become one then?”

“I think not, but that curse you seem to have, that will add greatly to the mutations…”

“Great, I have voices in my head, I am afflicted by a curse of darkness, and next, I have to face a small battalion of already cursed individuals.” I sighed, knowing that this is my Path, my destiny. I must uphold City’s honor. I will fight no matter what obstacle stand in front of me. I looked around and seen how dingy the scenery was, and how swollen the trees were.

“So be it then. If they stand in my way, I must face them fearless.” I felt a loathe starting to build into a crest inside. Now disgusted with this place, I took off down the hill at double the speed of when it was just me and one.

 

***

 

I was racing head on into the demons hole; literally. My ravage and rage increased with every step. The voices were whispering to each other now, but I could detect no words. Maybe they were fairing a plan, or perhaps a better idea, wondering if I was giving in…

“I smell them” was what I screamed sprinting in an undignified matter over the hill that loomed high. Hands in a sort of claw shape, I stood savagely on the mount. “There” I faintly muttered.

“He has entered level Two hasn’t he?”

“Indeed, it won’t be long now.”

“Perhaps…”

“Perhaps?”

“He is different after all.”

“Yes I do feel that too…”

So they really were losing faith in me after all…I created and maintained some form of composure as I went casually down the hill; directly to the remnants of the Nine.



© 2008 Kyle A. Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on February 15, 2008
Last Updated on February 15, 2008


Author

Kyle A. Smith
Kyle A. Smith

MI



About
The only thing that i truly know that drives me is my music, the rest is just all jumbled together with everything, and it all seems to be connected. What I get out of that, is trials, dreams, love, a.. more..

Writing