8 Epic Overtones

8 Epic Overtones

A Chapter by Kyle A. Smith

 

8 Epic Overtones

 

They all were there; all seven around the encampment.

None of them seemed to notice though as I walked right in. None made eye contact or a change in posture. Not one even looked up.

All had a color, (since I had time to observe) a yellow, a green, and a red; and in pairs of a dark and a light color. There was one with no color and the most predominant over all was the one and only female and the only one standing. She was cloaked in black, and had a red brown mane that flew with the wind. A plated skirt, ornamented with beautiful gems, which drew me in.

I walked right to her, slowly, as if stunned by her beauty.

“Aiden” Four said.

“Aiden” One said.

“Aiden.”

“Aiden.”

“Mr. Scott!”

“Sir Aiden!”

“AIDEN!” they said together, breaking my trance. All at once with the screams from the men, I could see every head turn in my direction so slow; it seemed as if time itself slowed down. Another voice that was not a part of me, I heard it in the midst of all the events taking place, a voice so pure it shivered every fiber of my body, said “you brought the silence, you broke the veil…”

Intensity rose with my snarl, and Obtineo flashed to my hand, forming from lust of blood, I fumed and glared as the females head in front of me turned ever so slowly still. Ever. So. Slowly. I seen it so vividly, her beauty shone greater with ever second of her turning. I hated it. With a thrust I jabbed, and then sliced. Grace along with her body fell to the ground broken. Immediately it shattered to dust; where all things are made and broken.

I felt the clench and creation of another prison, another bond forming inside. This shackled was stained with beauty and roses, and with its thorns, cut and bled my soul-strings evermore.

Still succumbed to the spell, everything kept in slow motion. A fire had been lit, and the new bond was yet another log to the flames of corruption. The yellows, greens, and reds all became a blur as I was sent into a fury of convulsions and movement. They all seemed like easy enough targets. A malicious laugh escaped from the depths of my lung. I twirled my weapon and sliced into the darker red to shards. Again dust followed.

“You broke…broke…broke…the vanity. You slipped…slipped…slipped…on away into the ground” The pure, crystalline voice recited.

In my peripheral I had seen the movement turn back to normal. I felt all five pairs of eyes on me now, yet I held no defense in my rage. It commanded me for more fight.

“He will cave won’t he?” I caught the female saying as Obtineo sizzled through the air with the intent to crush. “Level Two already? Is it because all of us are plaguing his mind?” she pressed on more.

The lighter green I attacked parried and made his own move. Beams of Destructional Energies flitted about, missing my being by mere inches. We squared off and engaged in a sheer strength swords fight. Sparks were created from the heat of our blades connecting. Twirl, slash, twirl; “good thing One gave his dancing shoes to me!” I shouted mockingly.

My mind was aware and open; a clear hate with no clouds to cover and block its storm. I saw all at once. I even canceled the others attacks without looking. The five seemed to be in shock of me being there still, or maybe my savage nature frightened them.

In one quick motion I evaded a beam of Art, and dropped down and slashed into the leg-shin of the light green. Blood poured and it stained my weapons blade. The crimson color of it…I needed more. I lusted for it. I lurched back up and took advantage of his paralysis to the wound received and stabbed straight through the heart. “I NEED BLOOD” I spat. I kicked the corpse from my weapon and tried to catch it, hoping for the warm red liquid to drink. Instead, it turned to dust before my capture. I than remembered in my brief bouts of sanity that blood had stained my blade; I watched that too, turn and fall to dust back to the earth.

I had killed three in rage and loathing hate in this hour. A new wave of pain hit me inside with the last destroyed. It caused a very formidable screech of hurt to exit from my lung.   I dropped to knees and sunk Obtineo deep into the ground and clutching my head, screaming to the heavens of my pain; to have mercy

Feeling vulnerable to attack in such a state was of course by mere luck. I was offering myself absolutely no rational thought. But in the midst of my pain and disappearing of sanity I felt defenseless. I needed to hold my own. In my agony I writhed and screamed those two words. “THRYCE AIDEN”

The familiar sensation of a perpetual haze, the distortion, the draining of all color, and the pressure came to pass with them. Feeling weak, I had seen the five come froth. I felt trapped within myself, and rooted to the spot. Two new battles have just been created; one of my spirit and the five against the remaining four of the nine. I was transfixed at how epic the scene around me was. Lights, swords, energy, and explosions, all seemed to somehow…mesh together. Time was fast and slow at the same time. The battle took a lifetime, and at the same time, mere seconds. The distorting winds blurred everything to moving shapes.

I battled with my own to watch as much as I can before collapse. I could do nothing in my state. ‘This must be how it is when you die’ I thought once during the Separation. The world was spinning. I saw only two standing at the end when I started to slip to darkness.

At those last few moments I realized that Obtineo was a guardian maker.

They were my guardians.

And they had won.



© 2008 Kyle A. Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on February 15, 2008


Author

Kyle A. Smith
Kyle A. Smith

MI



About
The only thing that i truly know that drives me is my music, the rest is just all jumbled together with everything, and it all seems to be connected. What I get out of that, is trials, dreams, love, a.. more..

Writing