Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Dillon McFarlane

Alice Johnson's Blackberry Bold 9900 started to ring in her bag as she raised her overwhelmingly heavy bag to the boot of the van. She unzipped her bag to reach for her telephone. It was not difficult to discover because of the way that she had cleaned everything out the previous evening to make space for her plane things. Inside were books, an iPod, her phone and her purse. Alice had the telephone in her grasp and when she squinted to peruse the name in the brilliant daylight, a grin developed. She pressed the accept button and put the telephone to her ear.

 

"Hello?" Alice said excitedly, realizing that it was Abby calling to check whether she was prepared to head off to the runway. The gathering, Alice, Abby, Derek, Sarah, Mike and Matt were leaving London to have an occasion that would get them away from studying for a couple of weeks. Alice, the person who busily organised everything, was generally placed responsible for everything, including the van, tickets and the booking. They were heading off to the Maldives, an island a midst the Indian Ocean. The point when the group took a gander at the site, it looked so excellent. A complete break to the Maldive Islands. The excursion was all arranged when she had been on a game show and had won £10,000 and chosen that they might as well escape on a friends holiday. Alice had rich folks in any case, so did the rest of the assemblies' guardians as their school was private and educational cost was a ton, yet Alice's folks didn't like the thought of their "baby" abandoning them on their own. So now that she was just about 23, she was very competent.

 

"Hey! Excited?" Abby asked excitedly.

 

"I'm truly excited! When should I come for you?" Alice asked. Abby was very brazen yet everybody was fine with it. Abby wasn't conscious of her brassiness and thought it was a joke, however it obviously wasn't. Derek was dependably the spook to people however was sweet inside when he was in a great mood. Mike had a mental imbalance and he had inconvenience understanding things rapidly and he generally had something to say in regards to everything and he thought everybody thought it was entertaining. He was extremely sharp. He adored science. He was studying Chemistry in school. Sarah was a lady who was always annoyed, however was always fun. She wanted to get tipsy and she was a daredevil. Matt was the kindest man Alice ever met, yet was the ordinary joker which could cause offence. Where it counts down inside, Alice fancied him. She would not like to destroy their friendship by going out with him since they were such good friends and she wanted to remain like that. She was hopeful that they might sit together on the plane since she enjoyed his company. It used to be a war against him at Primary School between Abby and Alice yet that awful little Patricia Brewer won.

 

"Now, please!" Abby hollered and Alice hung up the phone and hurried to the door of the van. The van was her Dad's. She was getting it to head off to the airport on the grounds that she needed to get Abby, Derek, Sarah, Mike and Matt on the way. It was an impeccable seven seated van. As she set the key in the ignition lock cylinder to start the engine, she heard a solid tap at the window. It was Mike.

 

Alice moved down the window and said,

 

 "What's are you doing here, Mike?"

 

"Hey, Alice! I needed to save you the ride and where it counts down I truly wanted to sit in the front seat with you," Mike said, his face reddening.

 

Alice giggled. "Jump in, then!" Alice turned the key and the van roared to life.

 

They were driving down Pollens Road, nearing Sarah's house, trusting that she was prepared to run out.

 

"This is astounding," Mike said, sounding plastered.

 

"Let me know one more time and I'll cut off your tongue," she debilitated jokingly. She was attempting to be a spot perky with him as he liked her and would not like to affront him or sadden him.

 

They drove up to Abby's drive and sounded the horn twice. After a couple of seconds, Sarah ran out with Abby, shoes and sunbathing rigging equipped on their bodies, shouting at them both with excitement. Mike rolled down the window and said right in Alice's ear, "Ha-ha losers. I'm in the front!"

 

"Yeah do I mind?" Abby said, annoyed. As Sarah headed off to welcome Alice, she whispered, "Why does that idiotic failure need to come?"

 

"Sarah! That is not nice. Be decent. He likes me," Alice snickered.

 

Sarah and Abby opened the two doors and got comfortable in the satisfactory leather seats.

 

"God! These shoes hurt my feet," Sarah whined mercilessly. "God, Abby. I knew you shouldn't have got these cheap!"

 

"God! These shoes hurt my feet," Mike imitated.

 

"Quiet down, Mike!" Sarah said snidely.

 

Alice took a look at Mike in the corner of her eye and she could without much of a stretch get a flash of the tears building against Mike's eyelids.

 

"Do you think Derek is with Matt?" Alice asked surely, sounding apathetic.

 

"Better believe it. Matt called me the last night to say that Derek got intoxicated and fell into Matt's bed sleeping!" Abby snickered.

 

Everybody with the exception of Mike blast into giggling. Abby shook her head at Sarah.

 

Alice needed to change the subject so she yelled "Radio anybody?" and she skimmed to her favourite pop channel and started to sing with a famous tune.

 

The posse of four drove up to Matt's house and blared the horn. Derek peered through the eyehole gap and yelled.

 

"Matt, they're here come on."

 

"Derek I'm feeding Shadow, you beast," Matt answered irately. "Also Mrs Jenkins isn't here yet to care for him."

 

'I hope that cat gets fleas!' Derek thought in his mind.

 

A couple of seconds after that, the two men, Derek, who was running and Matt, who was strolling serenely with an enormous grin all over. They both had sunglasses over their eyebrows and they had tropical shirts on. Additionally, they both had a rucksack and a bag each. As they trudged along, Sarah peeped her take off of the window and yelled energetically,

 

"Hey baby boys!"

 

They both moaned and moved into the van to join the others.

 

Mike welcomed them and Matt asked if he was alright and Mike ignored him.

 

"Whatever," Matt said into Derek's ear. "Next stop," this time he said distinctly.

 

"The airport!" Derek completed. The two men gave a high five and shouted in excitement.

Alice got her bag and pulled it onto the conveyer belt. She then took Mike's, Abby's, Sarah's, Matt's and Derek's.

 

"Oh, dear. I'm sorry madam, yet you have headed over the breaking point on one of the cases," member of staff apologised delicately.

 

"Wow. Would you be able to let me know which one?" Alice answered tenderly.

 

"Yes. Hold on a second please," The lady began to type, duplicating off of the ticket.

"Mr Derek Harrison."

 

Alice scowled at Derek and he took out his wallet. When she had gotten the cash and offered it to the lady, he glared back in disdain.

 

"Much thanks to you," said the lady and the sextuplet gathering strolled through the entryway to the airport. They were in David's Doodle Diner and they had something to consume and beverage. Sarah whined that the sustenance was horrible and she would not like to consume it. The others groaned at her for being fussy and with this, she pushed the sandwich in her mouth.

 

"There!" She said; the crushed sandwich in her mouth noticeable. Everybody was insane and giggled like a cluster of hyenas. Sarah's eyes rolled.

 

"Oh my god! We're going to be late!" Derek shouted, and they all cleaned up their table and fled to the door to board the plane.

 

"Sorry for any inconvenience, yet the plane may hit some turbulence," a flight attendant said. Alice relaxed beside Derek, not wanting to be there as he was snoring maniacally. She heard Matt and Abby behind her and was inquisitive to hear what they were discussing.

 

"I don't know if I should tell her, Abby, you know. Are you certain you understand?" She could barely hear so she forgot it. Alice was feeling uneasy about the entire trip. She generally thought something might befall her on a plane and now she was about 25,000 feet above the ground, she felt considerably more uneasy.

 

"Psst! Psst!" Alice turned around to see Sarah, who was beside Mike, snatching her hair and pulling it hard. The seatbelt light glimmered off and most people unclipped the seatbelts and remained up to talk with their friends. When Sarah saw this, she sprang up and began to ask for Alice to swap seats with her.

 

"Alice, please. He is talking about Chemistry and my period," she yelled quietly.

 

"Sarah. Do you mean a periodic table?" Alice answered to her cockily.

 

"Wow, yeah. Still, though. Swap?" She pleaded.

 

"I would be honoured. Looks like he has taken his revenge on you for telling him to… "

 

"Quiets down!" Alice was hindered by a discourteous Sarah.

 

"Precisely," Alice answered.

 

Alice remained up, strolled up to Mike and sat down.

 

"What the heck is going on?" Derek said, getting up from his dreams that must have been quite great, Sarah thought.

 

"Hello there, Derek. I'm sitting here now and you can't stop me!" Sarah said and she hopped agreeably into the seat beside Derek. When he could answer, Sarah took her iPod, put the earplugs in and relaxed, knowing that all sound was closed out. She clicked a couple of buttons and afterward Young by Tulisa came out. Sarah was so tired. She felt that she could float away and when they arrived, the group might wake her up. Preparing to be a teacher through school, she took in exceptional breathing activities which were extremely helpful to relax. After minutes of serenity, she was totally relaxed and she slept.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Dillon McFarlane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on August 8, 2014
Last Updated on August 8, 2014


Author

Dillon McFarlane
Dillon McFarlane

Doune, Perthshire, United Kingdom



About
I am a 15 year old boy who loves writing stories, especially horror stories but I am going to try and experiment with different genres. I have published 3 novels and would really like some advice from.. more..

Writing
Paga Paga

A Story by Dillon McFarlane