Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Dillon McFarlane

The remaining four in the group were together in the hotel suite of 1123, the boys’ room. The balcony door was locked, bolted and the four had some chairs stacked against it. They boarded up the main door also. The lights were switched off and the only source of unnatural light they got was from the bedside lamps of each bed plugged in, sitting on the floor. The air conditioning whirred peacefully. The atmosphere was eerily quiet as Alice was traumatised by Derek and Mike's deaths, Sarah and Abby worried about her and Matt just staring into space. Abby decided to break the silence.

"Our stuff is in the other room. It stinks of BO in here." She joked. Nobody laughed. They just looked at her then looked away. "Oh come on guys. We can't stay in here all the time. It's not going to blow over that easily." Suddenly, Abby's eyes flickered with an idea.

"Guys. The news. The woman said about the zombie apocalypse. Come on." Abby whispered harshly as she ran to the bed where the remote control was lying and pressed the on button when she got it in her trembling hand. She browsed to UK News.

"The zombie pandemic virus has now spread to Ireland, Wales and Scotland, and has now taken over the whole of the UK." The news reporter reported. Hearing this, the three non believing members of the group shuffled closer to get a view on the television.  We have got news that the small island of the Maldives has been attacked." The reporter carried on. "Here, in London, many people have been killed and have come back as zombies."

"Oh my god!" Alice whispered to herself, tears filling her eyes. As she continued to watch, a miraculously terrifying thing took place on the television.

"Survivors have managed to record some footage." This is the last thing the reporter said before there were growls and roars from behind the cameramen. You could hear them shouting.

'Good god.'

'Jesus Christ!'

As the cameramen dropped the cameras down, which hit the floor, Alice, Abby, Sarah and Matt could see zombies closing in on the terrified reporter who was pushed against the wall. Her blonde hair sticking to her mouth as she hyperventilated. She couldn't take any more. The blonde reporter ran for the camera, through the zombies. As one of them bit into her buttock, she screamed in pain. She lifted the camera up and ran to her original spot.

"Please. If you can still see me.” Then... AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH." The screen then went black then turned to static. As Abby pressed the off button on the television remote control, everyone stared at the screen in horror.

"We have to get out of here." Sarah screamed suddenly, scaring everyone.

"Sarah, please calm down." Matt told her calmly. Sarah moved quickly because with a quick flash, the axe on the bed was in her hands.

"Will I?" Sarah asked sarcastically, crying.

"Sarah." Matt said with his hands outstretched. "Put the axe down!" a little louder this time. Sarah didn't put the axe down. She backed up and pushed all the chairs from guarding the balcony door to her side and unlocked the door, knowing that an infected person could be out there because of next door. But unfortunately Sarah didn't care and unlocked the door.

"Sarah. No!" Abby shouted as Sarah opened the door, but closed it again to answer Abby.

"No. Ok. NOW PLEASE SHUT UP!" Sarah screamed in anger. In the middle of her scream, the balcony door smashed a hole and a hand covered in blood reached in and grabbed Sarah by the hair, pulling her through the hole that the hand made when it came crashing through. Sarah was screaming when Matt went to help her, Alice and Abby joining him. The three helpers grabbed Sarah's legs as her head was outside the balcony. The zombies, the three of them were still pulling while Matt, Sarah and Abby were pulling.

"Help me. I'm so sorry!" Sarah apologised from outside.

"PULL!" Matt shouted and as they pulled, Sarah came loose. She slid through. The glass broke as they pulled her in and it just sliced her head by centimeters. Her head was hemorrhaging. They got Sarah up onto the bed. She was panting and tears were streaming down her face.

"Are you ok to stand up?" Matt asked Sarah as Alice and Abby started to board back up the door.

"Yeah. It's just a big cut." She replied, rubbing her head.

"This is such a hell holiday. I thought my trip to Spain when I was five was bad but look at this." Alice said.

"We have to get out this room!" Abby sobbed.

"Yeah. Yeah." Sarah agreed.

"She's right." Matt said, calming, trembling still with fear. "Let's go to your room. It’s safer and we can make a plan there."

"Ok, then." Alice agreed.

 

Alice opened the door.

"You ready?" She whispered. Abby nodded. Matt nodded and they set off. Quickly, Matt took out the key and fumbled around with the lock while Abby closed the door to 1123. She heard it lock and gasped. It was meant to stay open for emergencies in case they couldn't get into the girls room. Abby hoped no one heard it and she was safe because nobody did.

"Matt! Quick!" Alice cried as she saw four zombies running. These ones could run?

'Impossible!' Alice thought. 'How can they run?'

Matt saw this, making him agitated to get the door open. He fumbled with the key, dropping it and crying out,

"Come on!" Alice urged as the zombies neared them dangerously.

"I'M TRYING!" he cried. The zombies were about ten rooms up.

As Matt got the keys in his hands and pressed hard in the lock, the key snapped in his hand.

"Get into the boys bedroom, again!" Matt commanded. Abby was caught.

"No. It's locked." Abby screamed.

"You... LOCKED IT!" Matt screamed infuriatingly.

"RUN!" Alice screamed as the zombies caught up with them and continued to run.

The group of four, Matt, dressed in a pair of tropical swimming shorts, a T-Shirt and flip flops, Alice dressed in a bikini covered by a leopard print jumper with plain white Plimsolls, Sarah, who had a bikini covered by a horror movie top and flip flops and Abby, who was wearing all the same except Abby had a loving heart T-Shirt started to run as fast as they could but the zombies were close enough to swipe out. The four zombies had their targets looked out. Each going for one person.

"I have an idea." Alice shouted.

"What is it?" Matt replied fearfully.

"Well, look." Alice's head pushed back as if to signal to the zombies nearing them hungrily. "They're slowing down." Then Alice just said "trust me" and went off the other way. The zombies followed her and completely ignored Abby, Sarah and Matt. The look in Alice's eyes made Matt know what to do.

"Come on!" Matt commanded the girls like they were his troops. "Get over here!"

"We've lost our weapons." Abby rudely butted in.

"Shut up."

 

Alice grabbed a fire extinguisher as she was hiding behind the same trolley Mike had been lost behind before. The zombies neared her. One of them stopped and sniffed the air, grumbling. Alice stood up and swung the fire extinguisher over his head. He screamed in pain as he was hit and his head flew off. Blood seeped down his body.

 

Matt, Abby and Sarah went out after Alice to help her.

"Where will we go?" Abby asked as they dodged the slow types of infected that were stumbling around, whacking them as they scurried past.

"Me and Alice talked about this just after Derek died." Matt lamented softly and changed his tone abruptly. "I know where to go!"

With Matt barking his last sentence, they continued to the kitchen. It was true that Matt and Alice had planned this after Derek and Mike's deaths. They had decided to lead them to the kitchen where the huge oven was. It went high enough to pop your head off your shoulders or blow you up quietly. It was the perfect plan.

 

Alice had made it to the huge kitchen where there was blood splattered on the walls. It smeared downwards and as Alice followed a trail, she uncovered a feast of a male waiter being endured by a hungry hotel guest. It was obviously a zombie. Alice gasped and slid quickly behind a wall, pushing herself against it, wondering if the zombie had heard her. She looked around. When she saw the machete knife lying on the table next to a dead pig, she grabbed it. As she counted to three in her head, she quickly turned the corner and sliced off the guests head. Blood seeped from the bloody socket of the headless guest as she dropped to the ground. The dead waiter stared at Alice as if he was frozen. As she stared into his dead eyes, they blinked and he screamed, blood being coughed from his mouth. Alice screamed, but didn't take any time whatsoever to end it for him. She raised her machete above her head and brought it down on his head. The waiter's head split in half down the middle and his skull cracked. Some of the bone fell onto the floor. Alice had totally forgotten about the zombies who had followed her from the tenth floor corridor. She heard them rush in. Alice had to think fast due to the fact that she was busy killing dead people. So she got ready. Setting the huge oven to 500 degrees Celsius and opening the door, she opened the fridge and got lots of raw meat. She pushed herself once again behind the oven door, hidden and shouted to the zombies who were sniffing about the kitchen.

"Oi!" She barked. "Come and get it!" She threw the meat into the oven. The zombies couldn't see Alice's hand so as they were hungry, they ran to get the meat. When they were all in, groaning and grumbling, she pushed the door with all her might as Matt, Sarah and Abby rushed in.

"ALICE!" Abby cried and the zombies hearing this were distracted, but Alice had the door shut before they could do anything.  She pressed a few buttons on the panel, which for one locked the door and two turned on the heating. Instantly, the zombies started to scream, groan and grumble. They shouted and banged on the door.

"High five." Alice shouted. As Matt and the girls got ready for a high five, a huge Dodge Ram 3500 crashed through the restaurant and into the kitchen, completely shattering the walls and glass.

"Get in, you guys!" A voice of a man shouted. He was English. Alice, Abby, Matt and Sarah were staring in shock at what had happened.

"Me, David, Charlie, Lewis and Greg are here to help anyone we can. We have guns, food, water and a hideout. Come with us." The man shouted again. As they stared at the Dodge Ram 3500, scarred of the terrifying shock that they had witnessed, four people's heads popped out of the windows and beckoned them over. Matt and the girls slowly tiptoed over the broken glass with their flip-flops and sandals carefully. Suddenly there were roars of hunger, roars of extreme hunger that were coming from behind the Dodge Ram 3500 through the restaurant. It was a gigantic horde of zombies running towards them, some were lagging, the slow ones were lagging. Seeing this, they ran, instantly trusting the group of five in the Dodge Ram 3500. They caught up with the Dodge Ram 3500 and climbed in, David, Charlie, Lewis and Greg got them in and locked the door. Charlie slapped Abby's bum as she climbed over him.

"Get the hell off me, you freak!" Abby screamed and Charlie laughed.

"I'm Jamie, by the way." Jamie, the man driving the Dodge Ram 3500, the English man said to Alice, Matt, Abby and Sarah before taking off, reversing fast, and right through the horde. As the groups looked back at the back window, blood started splattering on it, hitting all the zombies and backing out through the glass and onto the island of Maldives.

 

They were driving through the city crawling with zombies feeding on humans and the meat that was being sold at markets. Abby, Alice, Matt and Sarah met the group. Abby had to forgive Charlie for his harassing actions in this situation even though she hardly knew him.

"He only speaks Maldivian." Jamie said, not looking at them, focusing on the road.

"So how..." Abby tried to ask as she was interrupted by Jamie.

"I'm a translator."

"Right!" Abby cried.

The Dodge Ram 3500 hit a group of zombies and Sarah screamed as some of the lucky ones latched strongly onto the windshield wipers.

Lewis screamed.

“I’m going into the boot. Please shout me when there is danger!” Lewis scrambled into the backseat through the small door which lead to the boot and they could all hear him lock it.

"Get off my Dodge Ram 3500!" Jamie yelled, laughing as he sped up. The zombies' grip loosened as they fell, being bludgeoned under the Dodge Ram 3500 wheels, heads popping. Jamie yelled and laughed with everyone else in his group. The four of Matt were still beginning to adjust to the horror.

"So where are we going?" Alice tried to say, but when the Dodge Ram 3500 suddenly stopped and the group were flung against the windshield. Luckily, everyone managed to block themselves from a fatal blow except from Charlie who went right through the windshield, creating an uneven circle around where he went out. The blow had knocked him out cold, killing him instantly.  Sarah and Abby screamed as they took a glance at the blood splattered around the hole.

"Drive, Drive!" They were shouting as Jamie tried to get out of the hordes of the zombies. Jamie was staring at the zombie that was eating Charlie's eyeballs on the hood.

"Angela..." Jamie whispered softly, his head moving forward as he stared closer.

"Angela my darling..." Once again, Jamie whispered.

"Drive!" Matt cried and shook Jamie, pushing Sarah and Abby. Jamie finally came to, looking at the five people to his left and said something that would change the situation.

"Greg. Take the wheel!" Jamie shouted loudly and opened his door, walking straight into the horde of zombies. Greg tried to speak to him, but Abby, who was nearest to Jamie, reached for the door and slammed it shut.

"Greg! Wheel!" Abby screamed as though she was some sort of a prison officer. "Let's do this."

Greg shuffled to the wheel as zombies clawed at the locked door.

"I know where we're going!" Greg shouted happily and accelerated through the horde.

 

The seven survivors, Matt, Abby, Alice, Sarah, Greg David and Lewis who was still in the boot were strolling along after losing the gigantic horde of zombies, occasionally hitting one and bludgeoning it under the huge wheels.

“We’re almost here, guys.” Greg stated.

“Great. Is there other survivors?” Alice asked.

Greg, ignoring Alice, looked sternly at David as though he was a zombie.

“DAVID!” Greg screamed, frightening him, and Alice, Sarah and Matt. Abby, who was next to Greg was startled by the scream that she pushed herself back into the back of the Dodge Ram 3500 and was knocked unconscious.

“WHAT!” David screamed back, tears in his eyes.

Suddenly, David looked down. He started to breathe hard.

“You, ok mate?” Matt asked, patting him on the back.

“W-w-ww-watch out!” Greg stuttered. David’s head flung back and crashed into Matt’s nose, breaking it.

“Ugh, you total bas�"” Matt yelped as blood poured from his nose, interrupted by the sight of David. David had been turned into a zombie unknowingly.

“The b*****d was riding with us when he was infected!” Greg said quickly as David was snapping hungrily at Matt.

“Get the idiot off my back!” Matt screamed. Matt helped him back as he snapped terrifyingly at Matt.

“What do we do, Greg?” Alice screamed as she and Sarah helped push David back.

“Alice. Put Matt’s belt on and unclip David’s.” Greg commanded.

“What!” Sarah replied angrily.

“Trust me.” Greg looked straight up at the deserted road cautiously. Alice didn’t wait to be told again so she unclipped David’s belt and clipped on Matt’s.

“There!” Alice panted as Sarah was still helping Matt.

“Now what?” Matt cried, blood still pouring out of his nose. “I have to let go of one hand. My nose!” Matt said and he took away his hand to guard his nose. Sarah seeing this, screamed in fright, still holding David.

“He’s so bloody strong!” Sarah screamed. Alice slid of the seat and her elbow bumped the radio, which turned on blazingly. Greg was startled by the sharp noise that his hand, rushed to put it off and the vehicle skidded right off the road.

“Sarah. Let go and quickly open the door.” Greg said as he was struggling to regain steadiness.

“No way!” Sarah screamed, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Do it!” The others screamed. Sarah screamed and with one hand pulled the door handle which led to the door opening. The Dodge Ram 3500, speeding up to as fast as it would go, flung David out the door. He flew to a fence secured with barbed wire with a sign near the middle: CAUTION. BARBED WIRE. (In English). As David hit the wire, it sliced through his body. His skin peeled off from the force from the Dodge Ram 3500 and he was decapitated instantly.

Screaming, Matt was hanging for his life on his seatbelt. The blood from his nose was pushed back from the air and sprayed his face. Alice pulled him back in and Sarah slammed the door. As they looked up to the windshield a huge tree came into focus and they could hear Greg screaming and the wheel in his hands was turning clockwise and counter-clockwise as he lost control of the wheel. The huge tree came closer. Then all of a sudden there was a huge crash and glass shattered as the Dodge Ram 3500 crashed into the tree and all was silent.      



© 2014 Dillon McFarlane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2014


Author

Dillon McFarlane
Dillon McFarlane

Doune, Perthshire, United Kingdom



About
I am a 15 year old boy who loves writing stories, especially horror stories but I am going to try and experiment with different genres. I have published 3 novels and would really like some advice from.. more..

Writing
Paga Paga

A Story by Dillon McFarlane