Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Dillon McFarlane

Alice's eyes abruptly opened and when her mind told her precisely where she was, she all of a sudden sat up straight, extended and yawned. She grinned and looked to her entitlement to see Sarah and Abby talking. Sarah turned to Alice and advised Abby, who turned her head, as well.

 

 "Wow hey, sleep head!" Abby grinned. "We've been up for a really long time."

 

 "Well, its just.." Alice stopped to take a look at the clock on the wall and after that told the girls the time which was a quarter past six in the morning.

 

 "Yes, well," Sarah said and grabbed the phone beside her, as she had the phone bed which was the bed located by the telephone.

 

 "I'm going to telephone the boys," She expressed and dialled 1123 on the phone. It rang and a couple of second later, Matt answered the telephone and he sounded very unusual.

 

 "Hey?"

 

 "Matt, are you okay, you sound weird?"

 

 "Yes," Matt answered.

 

 "You ready for the pool?" Sarah asked.

 

 "Yes, all primed. Derek's in the shower," Matt answered.

 

"We should go down. I can hear Derek coming out," Sarah said and they met outside the room with their apparatus with them. Mike was likely more excited more than anybody. Abby quietly spoke with Matt and he said that Mike was talking throughout the night and the guys couldn't get to rest. Abby snickered and said that the women had a quiet rest. They strolled down the stairs. There was a sofa in the close-by corner with a man mulling over it. 'He didn't appear to be breathing,' thought Alice. She began to stress, however when they got outside into the bursting hot sun, she felt glorious. Outside was immense. It had slides, children playing in the pool with balls and lilos. The young ladies split up from the men when Matt said there were girls around.

 

"Ooh, look, Derek. Girls!" Matt squealed.

"Ooh, we can kiss them!" Mike barged in on at the wrong minute, making him sound doltish.

"Yea, whatever. Come on then!" Derek shouted and strolled along easily and coolly as Matt seemed to be, both encountered. Concerning Mike, he was attempting to duplicate the men, yet was failing humorously. As they neared the young ladies remaining with their beverages, they turned their heads to take a look at the young men.

 

"Should we have these ones?" Sarah asked as the girls settled on the spot for the sun beds.

 

"Looks great," Alice concurred.

 

"Definitely, amazing!" Abby concurred too.

 

As the young ladies put their towels down and got their sun-salve on, a trio of teen young men neared them and began to moonwalk and mix, moving insightfully, exceptionally encountered, and completely flaunting to the young ladies. One kid continued turning his cap to the side, an alternate was flicking his neckband around his hands and the last kid was eyeing up the women, winking at Sarah, who snickered. She remained up to the kid.

 

"Oh! Hey Zane, you're getting in there, mate!" Zane's companions were calling to him, hooting and whooping.

 

"Hey darling!" Sarah said tongue in cheek. "I am way too old for you!" And with this, she sat back down.

 

"Hey, kid with the charming wink?" Abby called.

 

"Yeah?" Zane said excitedly, thinking something was set to happen. Something... great.

 

"I need a kiss. Come here and I'll provide one for you !"

 

Alice and Sarah's heads were turning. Abby bumped Alice and winked at her. Alice snickered.

 

"Really?" Stepping forward to fulfil her summon.

 

"No!" Abby said rapidly. The three young ladies snickered madly.

 

"You're such a fail, you guys," Alice attempted to say, however as she was chuckling so hard, she could scarcely blab about it. Rejection meant a lot to these boys as they snatched a pail from a young boy quietly and gathered salt water from the salt water pool.

 

"What are you doing?" Sarah hollered at the cap kid, Damien, as he tossed the water over her. Sarah, completely horrified, remained up, shook and after that in the wake of telling the young men that they shouldn't have done that, slapped Zane over the face, then Damien, who she kicked in the privates and when she came to Colin, the neckband kid, she pantomimed blowing him a kiss, and with the delightful stun, fell into the pool. Zane, Damien and Colin had all fallen in the pool and began to stifle and splutter. Salt was going down their throat and into their eyes, stinging them and making them feel horribly ill and almost puke.

The three girls laughed and slapped Sarah a high five and drank their vodka and coke.

 

The first girl, Cordelia giggled.

"Ha-ha, look at that guy, trying to act all cool!"

"What are you saying about my Matt?" Mike said irately, standing up for his evident closest friend.

"We're talking about you, dumbo," Cordelia giggled cheekily, indicating at Mike.

 

"Well... All things considered, I think you have a pleasant... erm... fat belly. Humph." Mike outraged Cordelia, not realizing what he had done wrong, and looked to the left, collapsing his arms. Freya and Janet (The two different girls) came up to Mike. Cordelia to start with, then Freya and Janet alternated in slapping him over the face. There was no purpose of Freya and Janet slapping him in light of the fact that he just affronted Cordelia, however they preferred the thought of slapping a man for entertainment purposes. After the slapping was over, Mike screamed like a baby and fled to the hotel, yet before he got in the door, he tripped over his shoes and fell, skinning his knee on the hot ground.

 

 "Derek, look!" Matt whispered and they both blew some people's minds to gaze at Mike, who was running into the hotel, shouting in torment.

 

"Goodness god. Not again, please!" Derek groaned.

 

As they turned around, a penetrating shout filled the tropical breeze.

 

"What was that?" Derek shouted, personality confused by the crying of the person who was crying.

 

"I don't have the foggiest idea, but...." Matt was rapidly confused by the unusual caterwauling.

 

As the shouts proceeded, the two men looked over to the toilets which were placed in front of them of them and out came a man, strolling like he was contaminated by a malady, dribbling. Everybody that was once appreciating the smooth, quiet relaxing sun was presently loaded with disarray and dread, looking as the man stunned. There was a woman sitting on a sun bed, earplugs packed into her ears, oblivious to the world out of the booming music. She had her eyes shut, the sun quietly delving its path into her pigmentation, tanning her. She was nodding her head and the infected man turned to her, beginning to go towards the blonde woman who looked like she was in her twenties. Everybody remained in stun, questioning in perplexity, worried for the woman, yet in the meantime needing to run, yet sadly couldn't move, traumatised with trepidation. The man was presently close enough touch the lady. As he was remaining before her, the lady talked despite any precedent to the contrary.

 

"Allison, you're blocking my..." she opened her eyes to say light, yet when she saw the man, she heaved.

 

"What is wrong with your face?" She groaned in nausea as it came closer. The man connected his arm and got her neck. The lady gagged and spluttered. The man arrived at up her neck and got her head in his two hands as she took a long breath and he burst into her skull. She was still alive when he broke the skull and began to devour her brain. There was blood. Heaps of blood. Matt and Derek viewed with sickening apprehension and looked behind them to see the three young ladies dashing to them.

 

"We need to go. Now!" Alice hollered quietly. "There's a waiter trying to eat Zane's brains!"

 

"Zane?" Derek asked.

 

"He is just some kid." Alice said while Abby and Sarah looked around, gasping.

 

There was more shouting as a father with a young person were executed. A lady slipped and an infected lady raced to her and began to scratch her back open. A man ran and knocked into Abby, pushing her and him to the ground.

 

"HELP ME!" he screamed and as he took his final gasp and broke down. Abby shouted and pushed the man away with her feet. Matt raced to her and lifted her from the floor. She was gasping with blood splattered all over her face.

 

"You OK?" Matt yelled through the shouts.

 

"Yes. We should get out of here!" Abby yelled to the gathering.

 

"We need to go now!" Sarah argued. They turned adjust in fear. Remaining before them, possibly four meters away, was an alternate tainted man, gazing at them, dribbling and groaning with appetite.

 

"We should go now." Alice's voice gotten in her throat. The point when the man began forward, the aggregation's hearts begun to thump much, much quicker than it was. At that point they began to run.

“We have to stick together!” Matt shouted. “Where should we go? Somewhere very safe!”

“The hotel room. We can go there for now!” Alice suggested. “It'll be safe. Wait. Why don't we take separate ways into the room and we meet each other there?” The group kept running and they saw infected coming towards them, as well.

“I'll take the restaurant with Abby and Sarah. Matt and Alice take, you take the master stairway and we will meet you there.” Derek commanded.

“But what if they come for us?” Alice asked.

“You can use your key instead!” Derek shouted. “Now go!” and with Derek saying this, they all split up and started to run.

 

Matt and Alice took the master stairway, but took a short cut through a stairway door.

“I've seen this in the movies. Zombies. You have to destroy the brain and all that crap.” Alice said to Matt.

“Yeah. I don't want to kill anyone, though.” Matt replied.

“They're not people anymore.” Alice smiled and looked around. There was a fire axe in a glass case embedded into the wall. She opened the case and took out the fire axe.

“I'm ready to kill these things!” Alice laughed.

“Any more of those?” Matt asked and Alice laughed.

 

“Be quiet!” Derek harshly whispered to Sarah and Abby because they were moaning in fright after looking at the infected waitress tucking into the chef's brain.

“I think we need to kill those ugly... things!” Abby replied in the same tone as Derek had said before. Hiding behind the trolley, Derek grabbed some salt, vinegar and surface spray. He gave the surface spray to Abby, salt to Sarah and he took the vinegar.

“Let’s go!” Derek said and before the girls could answer, he grabbed them and shouted to the waitress.

“Come here you ugly cow!” Derek snarled. The waitress looked up instantly and after pushing herself up from the mutilated chef, she started towards Derek and the two girls.

“Right, ladies. Here we go!” Derek cried. He grabbed Abby and Abby grabbed Sarah. Abby was screaming and so was Sarah, clutching their weapons. Derek got to her first and slapped her over the face.  The waitress, Shaffa, as it said on her name tag, fell back and when she came back up, Derek equipped with vinegar, and flung it onto the waitress's face and eyes, making her cry out. Derek stood back.

“Your turn.” He said to Abby and without replying, she sprayed the woman in the face with the surface spray and then Sarah had her turn and this time she grabbed the waitress' jaw and emptied the full contents of the salt bottle down her throat. She coughed and spluttered in shock of the terrible salty taste. Abby then grabbed a long, shining kitchen knife from the nearby trolley and as the waitress climbed up from the floor; Abby shoved it right through her eye. The waitress screamed as the knife was twisted, blood spurting from the other side of her head. Finally, the woman fell down to the floor after the screams stopped. Abby was panting while Derek and Sarah were staring at her in disbelief.

“Nice!” Derek exclaimed, and they made their way to the room. Abby, Derek and Sarah went past reception in caution, making sure that there were no infected people there. Knowing there was no one there, they ran up the stairs.

“I'm so sorry.” Abby admitted to Derek and Sarah "I should have told you earlier."

"What?" Derek asked.

"On the television. It mentioned a zombie outbreak in London. I just turned it off; I didn't know what to do." Abby wept as they continued through the corridor. Before Derek could answer, a noise came from behind them. They glanced back and saw groups of people running towards them, screaming.

"What are they doing?" Derek screamed. "What are you doing?"

"HELP US MR. NEED HELP PLEASE." a bloody Maldivian screamed back. Suddenly, there were roars. The Maldivian groups started to scream and shout. There were sounds of flesh being ripped and blood dripping and spattering onto the floor. Abby watched in horror. She didn't wait to see more. So she ran. She ran the other way from the Maldivian victims. Abby could hear Derek and Sarah follow behind. As she had the key, it would be dangerous to lose her in this situation. Abby saw the staircase and the elevator. She paused long enough for Derek and Sarah to catch up with her.

"The elevator!" Derek shouted and then when the girls disagreed and started to the staircase, an infected woman with a piece of flesh stuck in her teeth stepped in front of them, followed by a young boy covered in blood.

Abby screamed and threw herself back and the infected woman followed her, but the young boy, around the age of five or six walked up to Sarah, who after moments of thinking that she was going to kill a little boy, a child, pulled her arms back with the knife equipped and flung it down on the boy. He screamed in pain and blood sprayed Sarah. She was screaming and crying. She had killed a child. On Abby's case was the woman who was trying to bite her.

"Get away from me, you ugly cow!" Abby shouted as she sprayed the surface cleaner in the bite. The woman never made a noise at this, but when Abby grabbed the bite and stuck her fingers in the woman screamed. Derek's brain suddenly turned conscious of what was going on and suddenly went to help Abby. Sarah was lying on the ground, screaming at what she had done. Derek took his vinegar and sprayed the woman with it. Abby pushed herself away as Derek broke the woman’s neck. It made a terrible, horrendous snap and Abby watched in horror.

"Sarah get up, please!" Derek said impatiently. Sarah got up slowly, weeping. That was until Derek slapped her. This time, Derek slapped her because he was worried about her. He started to shake her.

"What you killed was not a little boy." Derek screamed. "It was a monster. You hear me? A monster!" Sarah had stopped screaming and crying in the shock of the attack.

"Ok. We have to go. C'mon." Sarah commanded, and they made their way fast to the elevator. When they were in, there was a roar and what they didn't know was that there was a group of 'zombies' shuffling towards them. Derek and Sarah watched them come closer.

"Abby! Pick level ten! NOW!" Derek screamed in terror. Then she screamed. Abby screamed again and when they both turned around they saw a dead body on the floor.

"He's dead. C'mon, pick level ten." Derek screamed again. Abby pressed the buttons as the zombies edged closer, arms outstretching, reaching for the fresh flesh of Derek, Sarah and the screaming Abby. The doors closed just as one of the zombie's arms reached in. As elevator's have a motion sensor, the doors opened again and in a sudden movement, Derek kicked one of the zombies in the face. When it fell down, he reached out and kicked it again. Derek jumped back in and the doors closed before any more could get in. The elevator started to go up. The ceiling lights flickered.

"What about-" Abby was interrupted by a soft moan.

"HIM!" Abby screamed as the dead man from before the doors closed rose from the ground.



© 2014 Dillon McFarlane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2014


Author

Dillon McFarlane
Dillon McFarlane

Doune, Perthshire, United Kingdom



About
I am a 15 year old boy who loves writing stories, especially horror stories but I am going to try and experiment with different genres. I have published 3 novels and would really like some advice from.. more..

Writing
Paga Paga

A Story by Dillon McFarlane