Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Dillon McFarlane

Derek let out a lazy grumble when Abby hugged Sarah and screamed. Sarah gave Derek her knife as the man started to walk forward. Derek lashed out with the knife across his stomach and a few seconds later, the odour was disgusting.
"You stinking old fool!" Derek shouted and he kicked him twice. Then when Abby saw the guts slip out and the man die, she leant against the doors which opened and she screamed out as she fell.
"I got you." A man's voice said behind Abby as she was caught in his arms. It was Matt with Alice.
 
The five people walked down the corridor talking. Sarah kept quiet. She just stared at the ground as she walked. Derek had vinegar, Sarah had a long kitchen knife instead of salt because when she killed the waitress, she dropped it, Abby had surface spray and Matt and Alice had an axe each.
"What happened to Mike?" Alice cried suddenly, jogging everybody's memory. The group started to gasp.
 
Mike sung as he rubbed the shampoo into his hair in the shower. He was totally unaware of the apocalyptic terrors that were brewing outside of the unlocked hotel room. Mike probably wouldn’t be so calm if he knew what was going on. He then washed it all out. The shower squeaked as Mike turned it off, freezing himself as he turned it to 0. Mike didn’t see the bathroom door creak open so he wasn’t scared to pull back the curtain. As he pulled back the curtain, there was a loud moan and Mike screamed as an infected room-keeper lashed out with her long nails. Mike screamed in fright.
“Get away. You’re so ugly.” The maid stopped and with this, she grabbed Mike by the hair and as she brought him in, it bit right into his skull, and he started to scream as blood splattered the bathroom mirror and the sink, dripping down his head. Mike shortly died after and the undead maid began to tuck into his fleshy remains.
 
"Could he have gone to the hotel room?" Abby asked, panting, looking around.
"No." Alice replied. "He doesn't have a key."
"Yeah, well that's not completely true, is it now?" Derek said mysteriously.
"Eugh. What do you mean, Derek that's not true?" Sarah finally asked her first sentence since the murder of the child.
"Well... me and Matt left the door unlocked." Derek confessed. "It was Mike, he said if he went back in, then he would go to the hotel room for a shower."
"WHAT?" Alice cried.  "Let's go quick. He could be in trouble." When the group started to run, they were stopped by a growling servant, her blonde hair covered in blood.
Alice screamed in disgust.
"Matt, you ready?" Alice asked and when he nodded in reply, they ran forward and lifted their axe's high. When the woman staggered forward too, Alice swung her axe down on her head while Matt got the woman's legs. The woman's ear-splitting screams were loud enough that she could wake the dead. The woman quickly fell to the ground, Matt and Alice’s actions disabling her to move. Then they came back to the scared group.
"What the hell?" Derek cried and slapped Matt a high five. They laughed, covered in blood.
"God!" Alice screamed. "I hate doing this, guys. Why do you like it?"
"Alice. We have to do it!" Matt argued. "We have to go. Now."
Then the group started off again. They started to near the rooms.
"We have to go to the boys’ room." Alice said. They were very near 1123 and when they got there they burst into the room shouting for Mike. Derek shut the door and locked it.
Matt and Sarah went to check the bathroom upstairs while Abby and Alice checked the one downstairs.
“No sign of---” Alice tried to say, but was interrupted by Matt and Derek screaming. The two men came stumbling down the stairs. As they got safely to the ground floor of their suite, something came bouncing down the stairs after them. It was Mike’s severed head. Splattering and squelching with each step. Alice screamed as it flew straight into her arms. Mike’s dead eyes looked at her innocently and she dropped the head. Then something else, for the third time, came down the stairs. This time. It was the maid. It shuffled to Derek. It was fast.
‘Why was it so fast?’ Alice thought, puzzled by the sudden change. Derek couldn’t move at the sight of Mike lying on the floor, dead. Blood seeping from his mutilated body sickeningly. Derek was frozen to the spot. When the maid got him in her arms, he finally sprang to life.
“Get off me, you fat, ugly�".” Derek was interrupted as he was pushed along. The maid pushed Derek through the balcony door and pushed him close to the balcony. Derek was winded as the balcony rail pushed to his stomach. The maid growled at Derek while everyone in the room watched in shock, frozen like Derek was. Then suddenly, Alice knew what the maid was going to do. Alice ran, but unfortunately as she reached the zombie maid, the whole rail collapsed, causing the maid and Derek to plummet down ten floors.
“Nooooooo!” Alice screamed as she looked over the edge and saw the splattered body of Derek and the maid. She saw zombies running up to Derek and feasting on him. Sarah ran forward and grabbed her, holding her in her arms tightly.
“It’s ok.” Sarah repeated. “It’s ok.”
 


© 2014 Dillon McFarlane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2014


Author

Dillon McFarlane
Dillon McFarlane

Doune, Perthshire, United Kingdom



About
I am a 15 year old boy who loves writing stories, especially horror stories but I am going to try and experiment with different genres. I have published 3 novels and would really like some advice from.. more..

Writing
Paga Paga

A Story by Dillon McFarlane