Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Don Massenzio
"

The ownership of the megachurch gives some insight into who the players are in this case.

"

Frank would be spending one more night without Lucy in the trailer. He left Nancy's and headed home. He felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders by sharing his story with Nancy. He also felt that familiar guilt which had him wondering if he could have done something differently to save his wife. He also felt guilt for leaving his children behind and dreamed of a day when he might be reunited with them.  That day may never come. The vengeance of his enemies was something that could survive for generations.

Frank pulled in next to his trailer and cautiously unlocked the door. He checked the small space thoroughly. No snakes, bricks, or firebombs. Things were looking up. He checked his machine and the light was on indicating a message. When he hit the play button, the gravely Cajun voice of Fat Sam spoke to him. "Frankie, my people came through for me. You and Jonesy should stop by for breakfast in the morning. I've got some interesting updates on recent events. Stop by and I'll bring you both up to date".

Frank wasn't surprised that Fat Sam had information so quickly. His network of people had eyes and ears everywhere. Frank decided to call Jonesy to see if he had any updates on his research into the mega-church's ownership.

"Jones", the voice on the phone said.

"Hey Jonesy, it's Frank".

"Hey Frank, I've been buried in this ownership mess all day. It's one of the most complicated holding company configurations I've ever seen", Jonesy said.

"Did you get to the bottom of it yet", Frank asked.

"I'm just waiting for confirmation from some deeply placed sources. Once I hear from them, if they confirm what I've found, the plot of this case will thicken quite a bit. I'm expecting a call from Europe at about 2AM and then I'll know for sure", Jonesy said.

Frank brought Jonesy up to speed on his conversation with Travis Bullock III and Missy Bullock.

"Sounds like you might get some help from junior and it sounds like the daughter definitely filled in some of the missing pieces", Jonesy said when Frank finished. They agreed to meet for breakfast with Sam and plan their next steps.



© 2013 Don Massenzio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013


Author

Don Massenzio
Don Massenzio

Jacksonville, FL



About
I'm a musician, writer, dreamer, not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but writing is definitely part of my life. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Don Massenzio


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Don Massenzio


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Don Massenzio