Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Don Massenzio
"

Frank and Jonesy prepare for the next actions in the case.

"

Frank was silent. He wasn't quite sure what to say. Was the case over that easily? Was everything that happened meaningless? He asked Bullock directly. "Does this mean that the police were correct? Is the case resolved?" Frank asked.

"Not by a long shot", Travis Bullock replied. "Maggie is being held against her will".

"I'm confused sir. You just told me you spoke to her and that she confirmed that she has run away", Frank said.

"That's how she began the call, Mr. Rozzani. She sounded rehearsed. It didn't sound like her words at all. Then, at the end of the call, she tipped us off that she is being held", Bullock said excitedly.

"How exactly did she tip you off, sir?" Frank asked.

"She told me to say hello to Liam", Bullock answered.

"I'm not sure I follow, sir. Who is Liam?" Frank asked.

"Liam Neeson, you know, the actor", Bullock answered.

"I'm still confused, sir. Liam Neeson?" Frank repeated.

"Have you seen the movie, Taken, Mr. Rozzani?" Bullock asked. "It came out in 2008. It stars Liam Neeson as a father that sets out to rescue his teenage daughter that has been kidnapped while in Europe. Maggie and I watched it together and really bonded on that movie. It was a favorite for both of us. She referred to it to tell us she has been taken against her will.  I am sure of it", Bullock said adamantly.

"Did she give you any other clues, sir?" Frank asked. "Did she indicate where she might be or who she is with?"

"No. It was obvious that someone was listening and had told her what to say", Bullock said. "The number was blocked. I almost didn't answer it".

"That's OK sir. At least we know she is alive and that she wants to be found", Frank said. "That is a huge break for us. Now we have to concentrate on finding her".

"I was hoping you would say that, Mr. Rozzani", Bullock said.

"If you hear anything else from her, sir, please let me know right away", Frank said.

"We will Mr. Rozzani", Bullock said.

They said their goodbyes. Frank called Jonesy to tell him the latest development.

"I think we should move forward as planned", Jonesy said to Frank when he finished relaying the story. "The pastor and Cobb still smell fishy in this case and may just lead us to her".

"I agree", Frank said. "The people who have been trying to deter us from this case are most likely involved in it. I will still plan on going with Anita to Cobb's spread in Green Cove Springs tomorrow".

"Since tomorrow is Sunday, the good pastor will be laying it out there for his 11AM service", Jonesy said. "My sources tell me that he retreats to his house in Queens Harbor and collapses for the rest of the day after the service. That sounds like the perfect time to pay him a visit.  His guard will be down".

"Sounds about right", Frank said. "One problem though, how will you get into that community? Queens Harbor is gated up tighter than a log of military facilities".

"One of my good customers put me on their guest list as a favor", Jonesy said. "Once I'm in, it doesn't matter where I go".

Frank and Jonesy said goodbye. Frank got ready for bed.  He did his best to move Lucy out of the center of the bed. She growled softly in her sleep and then finally surrendered by letting out a long sigh. Frank slept soundly for the first time in three nights.



© 2013 Don Massenzio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013


Author

Don Massenzio
Don Massenzio

Jacksonville, FL



About
I'm a musician, writer, dreamer, not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but writing is definitely part of my life. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Don Massenzio


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Don Massenzio


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Don Massenzio