Chapter Two: Arizona Heat

Chapter Two: Arizona Heat

A Chapter by The old me

Chapter Two: Arizona Heat

Before we analyze and think about the end of our story, we need to start from the beginning. We should start with the story of the main character of this story, Wayne Olson. Wayne is outstandingly average person. He was average height, average build and average brains. The only thing that could be considered slightly interesting would be his depression. Bitter from a tough life of hardship and pain, anywhere he turn, he felt alone. But other than that, like I said, he was outstandingly average. He moved quite a lot with his mother, Monica. His father was never a part of his life Him and his mom moved all over the great and always in deadly warm state of Arizona. His mother was never around much and when she was, she was drunk. She wasn’t a terrible mother but she would have never known if Wayne was home or not.

 

We begin our tale with Wayne snoring and drooling inside his bedroom. A bedroom that basically was a foam mat on the ground in the middle of a living room. A living room that belonged in a trailer. A trailer that was in the middle of nowhere trailer park, which made everything there quite boring. The trailer park was near the desert and inside the city of Chandler, which is near Phoenix, Arizona.

As his alarm clock goes off with an irritatingly loud 'beep beep beep'. He smacks it and rolls out of bed. His eyes half close he pulls on cloths, whichever ones are easiest to grab. He ended up with baggy jeans and a band t-shirt. He walked the length of the trailer, grabbing an apple and headed out the door for the bus stop.

By the time he reached the stop. His apple was gone and his eyes were awake, well at least more so than when he's left. He saw a line of kids boarding the bus and he boarded along with them. He was doing what he was good at, being average. He was just another kid boarding the bus. No one took notice of him as he took an empty seat and slid over towards the window. Waiting for his already amazing day to get moving. The first day at a new school was never fun, but he didn't care much. He probably wouldn't be here long anyways. He never stayed anywhere long.

He watched the world pass as the bus slowly trudged on. Soon they made another stop. He was slightly perturbed at the interruption, even though he didn't know why.

This feeling however quickly passed as he looked up to see who was boarding and caught sight of a beautiful brunette. Tall and thin, she immediately captured him. He couldn't help but stare. He flashed her smile, but couldn't be sure if she saw or not. His heart seemed to want to beat right out of his chest; he hoped no one would be able to hear it.

He was thinking about the best way to introduce himself when some other boys boarded the bus. One of them, who was tall, build nicely, and had light brown hair, grabbed the girl's butt, pulling her into a kiss.

Wayne looked away. He really couldn’t care anymore.

 



© 2011 The old me


Author's Note

The old me
extra help from Abbie

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent, it makes you feel for the main character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beatifically dark and wanting, I see the main protagonist takes many forms, a writers heaven, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


ooohhh nooooo...

Posted 13 Years Ago


The one thing I have to say is that the chapters COULD be a bit longer. Other than that, this story has potencial. Let's see where it goes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Reads good as a synopsis. I would say this is a good starter for a chapter of several paragraphs. You dump a lot of information with little detail to support it. Are you painting a portrait or drawing stick figures?

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol...

Posted 13 Years Ago


a short second chapter...but i enjoyed how you tied in the beginning.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..