chapter two

chapter two

A Chapter by courtney
"

enjoy you get to meet detective hawthnet in this chapter

"

       "Well god damn it. When is going to stop?" Detective Hawthnet cursed as she reviewed the photos of past victims. When was the pshycopath going to stop leaving both the vic and her baby or in one case babies to die in abobandon homes. They all had one thing in common they were pregant and unmarried other than that they lived nothing less than thirty miles away from one another. She took a sip of coffee. Julia was beyond exhasted, but couldn't sleep more than two to three hours at a time before she was up again and reviewing notes or anything she had on the case. Julia looked up as Benny came in. "When we catch him obviously. Look gotcha something to eat and more coffee." He held up the bag and cup. "No time to eat right now benny. this sick b*****d won't stop until we make him stop." she snapped.

      "Don't get all testy are you pmsing or someshit damn. Oh and for the last time my name is Ben Mirth get it right!"  She smiled. Leave it to old Benny to make her feel better with a rude comment. "Yea by the way Benny i think i am so dont f**k with me." Ben mad a horrible disgusted look on his face. "Can i say T.M.I god Jewls. I kinda wanted to eat this."  He told her dangling the food infront of her. They both laugh as they ate there double cheese burgers, fries, and a choclate milkshake. For a thirty-two year old she could eat like a 300 pound man and still look good in her size 6 jeans. Yea she knew she wasn't the skinest woman in the world, but anything smaller than a size 4 was pushing it in her book. Ben walked over and sat on her desk as they ate.

       "So Jewls when you gonna let me take you out?" Julia looked Ben up and down. He was cute. All blonde hair, blue eyes, and nice muscular body of course, but she just didn't see him that way probably never would. They been on the force together now working on five years and every day of that five years she's turn him down. "Ok I'll let you take me out the minute you stop asking me.''  She told him with a small smirk on her face and shoved him off her desk. "Awww come on I tried that before. For a whole month and ya never went out with me. So come on just one date. I promise I won't even try to get in your pants till the end of it." She busted out laughing "Like I would ever let yo..." Her phone rang "Hello Dectetive Hawthnet speaking... What again?... Ok where at?...Alright be right there."  She hung up the phone grabed her jacket and was out the door giving Ben hardly anytime to follow.

       " Wooo ther bessy slow down. Whats gone down?" She opened the passanger side door of her green 1998 Dodge Neon. It wasn't much, but it go the job done. "Get in i'll talk on the way." ben had no choice. he ducked into the car and put he's seatbelt on. "You sure you don't want me to drive? Your a maniac on the road." If looks could kill then Julia would have had him bury four times over with the one she gave him. "Hell no! It's my car and my driving is just fine." "Ok.  Ok sorry. So whats got you all tied up? Whats going down? Did the baby killer strike again?" She gave him another of her wolrd famous 'If I were you i would shut up right about now looks' "Yea the f*****g b*****d killed a twenty year old. She was just a baby herself, but the baby might live this time. The Vic just died when the abulance came we must have just missed the b*****d. With any luck we might catch him."  

       Julia took a sharp right slamming him into the door. Come on. Come on almost there. We have to catch this sicko. Julia slamed on the breaks as they pulled up to the house. " Dickerson, Bentz, Haper, Nativa  patrol the area. I want it cover ten miles around this house. We better catch him this time. Mirth get the hell out of the car and come with me." She walked into the house where Kerain was examening the body. "Same thing. No finger prints. Used her car doubt there any there either. Can't tell yet, but doesn't look like any DNA other than the vic's is in the area. Our only hope is to catch him trying to leave, but even thats unlikely." Kerain told Julia and Benny as they aproached him.

       She looked down at the young woman. Her eyes were still open now a cold haunting dark brown darkness. Her skin a very pale white without the warmth of blood to blush and pinken it. She was petite about 5'3 130 pounds 8 months pregnate. Big brown eyes and light brown hair. Julia felt for the woman. She barely started her life only wanted to have a child. Julia saw the engagment ring on the victims hand. Thats not right none of the other woman had boyfriends let alone were engaged. "Any ideas of who she is yet? Any ID on her?" Ben asked. "None what so ever. I got Baitly running the plates ten to one the car belonged to the Vic." Kerain answered as the EM's put the Vic into a body bag and took her to the morgue."Hey Jewls take a look at this." Benny yelled over to Julia when they were finally alone. She came over to him to see what he was talking about and then she saw it. 

       A St. Christophers medal was almost completely emerged in the Vic's blood. " What in the world." She said mostly to herself as she grabed a pair of gloves and evidence bag.  Julia picked the medal up to get a closer look. It looked to be a hand carved medal of St. Christopher with a child on his back. Around the edges had the words Staint Christopher protect me. Not protect us? Protect me. Julia fliped the medal over to examen the back. "Hey Benny look at this on the back can you make out the letters?" Benny came to stand beside Jewls. "Aww. What poor little Jewls forgot her glasses again." Julia hadn't wore glasses since she was in junior high. Unfortunatly Benny so happen to see her in a old picture and  hasn't laid off of her about it since. " just look at the damn engraving already and if you can make it out then i might just might go out on that date with you." She didn't have to say another word Ben quickly snatched the medal out of her hands. As he tried to make out the letters officer Bentz came in.

       " Julia we found a guy walking down the street about three miles from here and he has blood on him." Hot damn. She thought as she rushed out to interrogate the guy they found, but before she left she turned to Benny "Got the letters yet?" She asked him with a smile. "Yea it says all sinners will die. I guess i get my date after all." All sinners will die? The engraving ran through her mind as she went to meet the guy they found.



© 2009 courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love you now! Thanks for posting!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yeah, I agree with Kayla. The storyline and the characterization are great. One thing though:

"Yea btw Benny i think i am so dont f**k with me."

Unless Julia was actually pronouncing the letters for the acronym, you might not want to use it because it looks a little bad when it's used in a story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Once again, I applaude you, sis.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2008
Last Updated on December 16, 2009


Author

courtney
courtney

meridian, MS



About
Hi my names Courtney. As of right now i'm a senor in highschool while taking college algebra. I have a wonderful boyfriend who supports me in everything i do. more..

Writing
!ESCAPE! !ESCAPE!

A Poem by courtney