Chapter seven

Chapter seven

A Chapter by courtney

    Julia could feel the hard forest floor under her back. She could feel the dirt and mud caking to the back of her neck and cloths. There was a stream near her or maybe it was a creek she was unsure. Julia could just hear the moving water. It was really peaceful though her head was hurting. She had a head ache that felt like her skull was about to split into two. She feared opening her eyes. Feared it would make her head worse by letting in the little bit of sunlight that could peer through the dense trees in her eyes. What happened to me? She wondered. All Julia could really remember was for once in her life being free. Free of the pressure of her farther and demanding family. Free of her ex- boyfriend martin. Just free. Free of everything. Just being herself for once. Just being Julia. Julia riding her favorite person or really animal. She remembered the pain something happening causing her pain and a man? a boy?

      Julia felt a wet cloth touch her forehead. Her eyes snapped open. As she expected the little bit of light that hit her eyes caused her head to worsen more like scream at her in protest. Her eyes tried to focus but they were blurry and she couldn't quite make out the figure looming over her. " Whats your name? Do you remember? Can you tell me how old you are?" The man was talking to her. His voice was deep and husky. Julia closed and opened her eyes a few times getting her eyes to adjust.

    The first thing she saw were these huge deep brown eyes. Then further to the tan skin wrapped around the most gorgeous mans face she had ever seen. " Can you understand me ma'am" The man said again snapping her mind from the mans face and back toward the questions he had previously asked. " My names Julia. Julia Hawthnet and I'm 16." She said trying to sit herself up and head butting the man only to fall back down on her back. " Woo slowly Julia. You had a pretty bad fall back there. Why were you riding in the woods anyway?" He asked her again this time all the question started to irritate her. Why should she trust this guy? What did she really know about him? 

     " I think the real question is who are you and what your doing in my woods?" She said brushing his hand off her arm and ignoring the little flips her stomach was still doing just from her looking into his eyes. Julia stood up on her feet trying to size up the man the total stranger in her woods. "My names Damion Roberts and I'm in these woods because I work for the owner of these woods. Which I know isn't' no sixteen year old girl but a Mr. Hawthnet" He said with the sexiest grin Julia had ever seen. What was it about this boy or man that made her feel this strange feelings? How old was the guy anyway 19? maybe 20? " And I'm his daughter which extends these to be my woods also thank you very much." She said then realized her horse was gone "Damn wheres twilight?" She asked him but didn't' really wait for a reply. Julia's head was feeling better and she was worried about twilight so she started to run through the woods looking for her beloved horse.

      "Twilight" she screamed as she ran out of the forest and into the clearing finally seeing her horse grazing on the grass. Julia ran over to her horse. " Don't you ever scare me like that again Missy." She whispered into her horses ear. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder. " You really love horses huh?" It was Damion's voice she could already tell his voice with its little southern drawl to it. " The horse is all I really have. All I'll ever have." She told him turning around to face him. Only he was standing really close to her their bodies and faces only inches apart. Julia looked into his eyes again and her breath completely left her lungs. His eyes weren't the deep brown they use to be but they had this new fiery look to them. Like Damion was burning for something. It made Julia want to find out what he was burning for but at the same time scared to find out what it was. "Ummm... I better get back to the party before I umm... get in trouble." She mumbled out averting her eyes and stareing at the grass. Her voice sound harsh and sort of raspy like it wasn't even her voice. Damion grinned at her his dark brown hair brushing his eyes. " Well I'll guess I'll see you around the stables sometimes little rider." He said before take a step back from her and heading off to the stables.

      It wasn't until after he was out of Julia's site that she could really breath again. Only then she remembered twilight was next to her and she had to be put back in her stable." Well damn." She murmured to herself completely not ready for another meeting with the dangerously attractive Damion Roberts. Thankfully when Julia arrived at the stables Damion was no where to be seen. She quickly brushed twilight and put her back in her stall. Then wished the horse a good night and left. By the time Julia arrived back at her house no one had notice she had left. She was able to avoid Martin thankful and sneak back into her room.



© 2009 courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its moving along nicely, though I noticed that you put farther instead of father and ex- boyfriend instead of ex-boyfriend, both mistakes are in the first paragraph. I hope this helps.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 24, 2009
Last Updated on April 19, 2009


Author

courtney
courtney

meridian, MS



About
Hi my names Courtney. As of right now i'm a senor in highschool while taking college algebra. I have a wonderful boyfriend who supports me in everything i do. more..

Writing
!ESCAPE! !ESCAPE!

A Poem by courtney