chapter four

chapter four

A Chapter by courtney

       Julia new exactly who Mr. Damion Roberts was. She grew up being teased excessively for her late blooming that didn't quite happen until after highschool altogether. She grew up hating this man. Now she had the chance to stick it right back at him, yet still she would be fair if the evidence didn't hold him neither would she. After all Julia might be known to be a hard a*s, but she was a fair hard a*s. Being fair she uncuffed Damion then went and took her seat infront of him again as she finished her interrogation.

     "Who f*****g did this to her?" Damion asked her. As he throw the pictures of the lastest victim on the floor and hiting the table with his fist so hard Julia thought the table would give out.  This isn't right if he was so hell bent on  covering his a*s for the murder then why is he acting like he knows the victim now? Could this be a game hes playing to throw her off his trail? Julia's mind was working a mile a minute. No screw minute it was working a mile a second. The man sitting infront of her now was either a murder or an inocent bystandard, but what troubled her the most was she had absolutely no clue what so ever which one he was.

     "Do you know the young woman?" Julia studied Damions face. His eyes were dark brown and held a certain sadness to them. His dark tan skin was covered around his jaw by a rough stubble. His hair was black and short. Damion was deffinately a rugid type of man.  A man under normal circumstances she could see herself staying a few weeks hell even months with. However, this wasn't normal circumstances and even if it were the guy who made fun of her all her life would be the last one she would ever even slightly consider dating. 

          "Yeah you could say something like that."  Damion told her. Then looking Julia straight in her face said "Her names Carline. Carline Keeners. She's my... was my fiance." There it was the bombshell. She should have seen this one comeing. "Was she now? Then tell me how far along was she?" If he was gonna play this game she was going to play right back. "What are you talking about?" Oh the guy was good.  He never faltered. "What you didn't know your own fiance was preganate? Seven months preganate at that?" His face went blank. Oh yes I got you now you sick b*****d. 

       "I don't understand. Carline wasn't pregnate she would have told me." God how dumb did this guy think she was. "Well your her fiance apparently by what you said. Are you telling me that you never noticed her stomach becomeing so huge it look like she swallowed a beach ball?" Julia never looked away from his face. She wanted to see every expression every change that was caused by her questions toward Carline. "Well actually no I havn't seen her in months. See I got a job out of state for an arithecture project. It was a major promotion and I couldn't just turn it down.  Carline was pissed that I accepted it. I was only away for three months before I decided she was worth more than a stupid job. That was about six months ago.  Well when I got back Carline didn't want anything to do with me wouldn't even let me see her." Damion took a breath and continued his story " We had a huge fight. I told her to f**k off then and well I hoped we would get back together..." 

      Damion stood up abrutley. Well she deffently had to give the guy his props he almost made a believer out of her. That is ALMOST. Part of her wanted to believe him while the other wanted to lock his a*s up and put him on death row. Too bad there was just two little problems with that. Lack of evidence was the  minor problem of the two as of right now. The second was the whole lets get rid of the death sentence crap everyone was crying about here in Arizona. Why could they be just alittle like Texas? Hell they were basically putting an express lane in for it. Not like Julia wanted to kill people. She was just a firm believer in if you killed than you should be killed. "Can i go now?" He asked her. Great! Just great. We have no real evidence and so he's free to go free to just walk out of here.            

     Feeling like she had no other choice She said "Yeah you can." As Damion started walking toward the door she called after him. "Oh, by the way Damion don't try and leave town until this invistigation is over. As i'm sure you already know your my number one suspect." He turned back to her. Looking Julia dead in the fast the guy looked as if he could kill or kill again. "Trust me Detective I want this f****r as bad as you do right now. I do have one question for you though." Julia looked him straight in the face. "Shoot."  His eyes met hers as he ask, "What happened to the baby? Is it still alive?" Why was he asking about the child Julia thought. "I'm not authorized to give you that information. I'm sorry Mr. Roberts." With that Damion turned and left.

        ~*~

      "So when am I gonna get that date you promised me?"  Ben asked coming into her office. Julia had been so emerged in the state ment taken from Damion Roberts and Luke Winfield. Luke had heard screaming this morining while he was walking his dog. Which incidentally ran away a few mins after the abulance arrived on scene.  It couldn't be a coinincedence. She didn't believe in such a thing. There was only  pure fact and hard evidence in her book. "Go away Benny! I don't have time for your crap right now." She told him though she knew it wouldn't do any good. When Ben Mirth wanted somthing he wouldn't give up until he got it. "Come on Jewls just one date and you promised me. So you kinda gots to you know." She let out a heavy sigh and looked up to him. "Fine you get your date tomarrow night. Eight p.m. and don't be late hot shot. Now get out of here i got work to do."

    It was almost midnight before Julia left her office and headed home. This case is gonna be the death of me. She thought as her stomach growled and decided to stop by waffle house and grab some grub. The last thing  she ate was the double cheese burgers and fries that Benny bought her earlier this morning.  Julia sat down in one of the booths in the back and order a steak meduim well. She look around the resturante. There wasn't many people around execpt a few guys who were probably hung over. One  guy in perticular caught her eye. He was staring striaght her. "Here you go hunny."  The waitress said laying her steak and eggs down infront of Julia. She looked back up from her food as the guy came over to her. "Hello. um i couldn't help but wonder if you would like company as you ate." The guy said with a huge smile on his face.

   The guy was decked out in all black. His eyebrow was peirced and he had blue black hair clearly he dyed it. The only thing that was off about his whole goth appearance was his deep green eyes and olive skin tone. " Well depends really?" Oh god was she flirting with? Normally she didn't go for goths but in Mr. Ark and handsome she might just make and exception. "On what?" He asked her back as he too a seat and she dove into her steak. "On if your gonna tell me your name?" The guy let out a low sexy almost a growl of a chuckle. "I'll tell you my name if you tell me yours gorgous." Wow was this guy for real? She had to be dreaming. No guy every knew the right thing to say when flirting without look pathetic. "Well, I'm not gonna just give ya that kinda info. Before you atleast buy me a drink."

    "Ok. So what you be having? Coke?" The guy asked her as he got the waitresses attention. "Yea thats fine. The names Julia. Julia Hawthnet. Now your turn. Whats your story." Julia told him trying to keep her smiles at a mininum. "Not without you buying me a drink first. What kind of guy do you think i am?" His smile said it all. Oh yea she had it bad for this guy. They sat there talking for the next two hours. After Heavy flirting and her buying him a coke in return he finally told her his name was Jake O'Del.



© 2009 courtney


Author's Note

courtney
how's the dialouge is it believable? What do you think of how the story is going so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with Haru!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think the dialogue is believable and the story is going really well so far. I can't wait to read more. It's also easier to follow since it's been broken down into paragraphs.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 1, 2009
Last Updated on January 2, 2009


Author

courtney
courtney

meridian, MS



About
Hi my names Courtney. As of right now i'm a senor in highschool while taking college algebra. I have a wonderful boyfriend who supports me in everything i do. more..

Writing
!ESCAPE! !ESCAPE!

A Poem by courtney