( Extract 12) Edaline Simard's Diary of Completly and Utterly Normal?

( Extract 12) Edaline Simard's Diary of Completly and Utterly Normal?

A Chapter by emilythestrange

   Hour after the dinner part

 

Ok, thoughts going through my head right now... How? What? Why? Alright, where do I start.... Ok, how about when Esme arrived. Right. Ok then. Let me just think about this, I'll be about a minute.

 

                                One hour, one minute after the dinner party

 

Alright, I'm ready now... Esme rang the doorbell, but she was early, so my dad was in the shower, and mum was trying on another outfit, so they couldn't get the door. I ran downstairs, not tripping over boxes, because, surprise surprise, there weren't any. I opened the door, and saw Esme standing there, with bags under her eyes. She was wearing a blue, grey and purple pinstripe suit, and was carrying a bunch of Watsonia flowers. " Wow" she said, sounding both surprised and sarcastic at the same time. " Yeah, yeah yeah, I'm wearing a dress, just get in" I said, stepping to one side. I had point blank refused to wear the outfit mum had bought for me, though did dye my hair black. Instead I was wearing a dress  made from vivid purple fabric.  It had a short flared skirt and short flared sleeves with an empire waist. I also had my hair in Cleopatra braids, and was wearing no shoes( it is my house, after all) . She gave me the flowers, and I looked at her quizically. " My sister made me bring them" she said, and sat down on the couch. " Please sit down" I said, and sat next to him. " You look so tired! " I said, hitting her playfully on the arm, and dropping the flowers. Then we talked a little( " You've woken me up for this- you do know that right? " ) , and my mum came down, wearing a dress  made from black and white fabrics.  It had a short narrow skirt that flared at the bottom and long wide sleeves with a loose waist. It is accented with lace. I had no idea where she'd gotten a dress like that, but I certainly did not like it. " Oh, hello" she said, clasping her hands together and tipping her head down slightly. " And who is this, Edaline? " she asked. I was surprised. She never used to call me Edaline, just Eda .

" Um... Mum, this is Esme, a girl from my school" I said. I'd lied because this new mum would freak out if she knew that I'd been out of the house after curfview. " Oh, well, hello Esme, I'm just going to finish making dinner, and then the others will start arriving" she replied, shaking her hand, and picking up the flowers. " See, my mum is turning normal" I said, but Esme just shook her head, and sat back down on the couch.

 

Okay, now for dinner( I'm missing out when the guests arrived- that was just boring) . My mum had invited all her friends, and all the guys from my dads new work. They were all wearing the exact same dresses and suits, and when we sat down for dinner, everyone asked where they could wash their hands at exactly the same time. It was like they were robots... And I never liked robots. So when I was sitting there trying to keep down mums pasta bake( I never liked pasta too, for some reason) I was singing We Are Broken by Paramore in my head so that I didn't have to listen to meaning- less chit- chatter. I was sitting next to Esme, who was  practically  falling asleep in her soufle at desert, so I nugged her. Then she whispered to me, " Look at that womens neck" . So I did. And, do you know what I saw? I saw a plug. A socket, a charger. Like a laptop, or a phone... Or a robot.

 

I swear I almost screamed. My mum began to clear away the plates, and I stood up. " I'm going into my room now. So you can all talk" I said, and walked away. Esme followed behind me, and when I got into my room, I shouted, " OH MY DARWIN! OH MY DARWIN. OH MY DARWIN" over and over and over, like I was a CD player stuck on replay or something... And then Esme grabbed my arms, put her hand over my mouth, and sat me on my bed. " Ok, please stop screaming. I'm going to go and get you some water, and your going to get changed, and then we are going to climb out of that window, and we are going to go to my house, and then we will talk then. Ok? " Esme said, and I nodded, and then she left and I got changed into my terrifing fairy costume that I wore last Halloween without realising it. Then Esme came back up, and gave me the water. I finished drinking and said, " WHAT THE HELL IS- " . Raff put his hand over my mouth again, and nodded to the window. " Out. Now" .

 

And that's it. We stopped at the bench so that I could write this, and Esme got us a drink from an all night 99 cent store. Now I have to go. I'll write more when we get to Esme's house. 



© 2013 emilythestrange


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 29, 2013


Author

emilythestrange
emilythestrange

The Place that my Pen may take me, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Amateur writer, director, live-er, hair brusher, modern-living-girl, and brussel sprout eater, and cleaner. Professional poet, wonder-er, reader, imagin-eer, word user, weirdo, Nerdfighter, Danasaur,.. more..

Writing
God God

A Story by emilythestrange