( Extract 1) Edaline Simard's Diary of Completly and Utterly Normal?

( Extract 1) Edaline Simard's Diary of Completly and Utterly Normal?

A Chapter by emilythestrange

14th of December, 2012

Dear Diary,

Never expect to be addressed like that ever again. I have bought this notebook simply for the reason that the teachers might give me extra English credit.

Later

Am in English. Apparently I can't get extra English credit for something " As simple as keeping a diary" . Oh well. It was worth a try. Goodbye not- so- diary

After school

Yeah. So I decided that I should keep writing a notebook. Just to please mum and dad. I think they are the only parents in the world who actually want their only daughter to keep secrets from them. And I am the only daughter in the world who doesn't want to.

On the bus

Sorry I had to cut off then. The bus was just about to leave. I don't even know why I started another entry. I don't have anything to say. Or why I apologised to a notebook. Just a bunch of paper. Sheets and sheets of old trees.

Later, at home

Got home to a very laid back mum, and a cool- as- a cucumber dad. I know any other daughter would complain that her parents think they are cool, but I'm not going to, because I think my parents actually are cool. I walked into the kitchen and picked up an apple. " Hey, Edde, do you wanna come through to the living room for a minute? " Mum called, and I walked through. " What's wrong? " I asked, seeing the looks on their faces. They were the looks that they had had when they had been arrested for protesting, and the looks they had when they told a homeless guy he could sleep in my room for a night. " We just wanted to tell you something" my Dad said, and I put my bag down on the floor. I didn't sit down. I'm not a sitter- downer. My mum and dad looked at each other. Then my mum said, " Star, we have decided to move. To a place called " Normolville" . " Oh. Okay. That's cool"



© 2013 emilythestrange


Author's Note

emilythestrange
Just edited this, changed her nicknames and fixed the SPAG issues .

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

See, this is an appropriate size for me to base a review on. It's a great write. Some SPaG issues. Also, every new speaker merits a new paragraph. Remember that. I sometimes forget too. Lol.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


You are so very original it amazes me Emily!! I have never seen anybody write such odd and weird stuff...But as a writer that is a GREAT thing...When readers see something that is totally off the norm it just sucks them in....Thats exactly what your doing here...Good job again...Keep it up

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

emilythestrange
emilythestrange

The Place that my Pen may take me, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Amateur writer, director, live-er, hair brusher, modern-living-girl, and brussel sprout eater, and cleaner. Professional poet, wonder-er, reader, imagin-eer, word user, weirdo, Nerdfighter, Danasaur,.. more..

Writing
God God

A Story by emilythestrange