( Extract 13) Edaline Simard's Diary of Completly and Utterly Normal?

( Extract 13) Edaline Simard's Diary of Completly and Utterly Normal?

A Chapter by emilythestrange

                    Raff's house

 

Okay, so I've calmed down now, and I've also met Esme's sister. She's called Mathilde. She has narrow grey eyes like two pieces of steel and fine, wavy, ebony hair. It's medium length and really, really needs a cut. She saw me staring at it, and said that they didn't have any money for the hair dressers. I told her I'd do it. The only reason I was staring at her was because I was imagining it in a flame-y style. Not because it was a mess or anything( which it was) . Anyway, I have no idea how I'm writing this right now because my hands are shaking like crazy! Ok... on the the conversation we had.

 

Esme- " Okay. I will make coffee, my sister will explain. Don't scream please, Mathilde goes mad if you do"

( Mathilde looked a bit miffed at this point)

Mathilde- " Alright, I'll skip straight to the point. Everyone in town is a robot and they're evil and they are being controlled by the FBI, we think" . 

( At this point I looked at her like she was mad. I mean, come on, she was gonna have to go into a little bit more of a point than that)  

Me- " OK, let's not go straight to the point. How about all the stuff leading up to the point? "

Mahilde- " OK, but don't scream, please. Esme, my family, and I came here when I was about twelve. At first, we loved it, because it was so different from the town we had lived in before. The girls were perfect cheerleaders, the boys were in the football team. Esme and I didn't want to do any of those things, so we didn't. But then, our mum and dad started changing. Mum used to dye her hair from brown to charcoal to blue, because she didn't like her natural hair colour. But then, one day, she came in from the hair dressers with curly, midnight black hair! Then it all went downhill from there, dad dyed his har back to chestnut, and mum started wearing those dresses they wore in the forties, you know, the poofy ones? Esme and I wanted to know why, so we asked them. They just said that they wanted to be like the other people in town, and refused to say any more"

( Esme walked in with cups of coffee)

( She sits down)

Me- " Ok, I'm either going mad or you just told me that we're living in a forties suburban neighberhood"

Esme- " Obviously, this is alot to take in. But we seriously need help. We need to find out where the robots are being made, or how their being controlled. Your the weirdest person in town, so we thought that you'd help"

Me- " You want me to help you find some really harmless, insanely normal robots who are living next door to me? "

Esme- " Yeah, pretty much"

Me- " Awesome" .

 

And that's it. I'm going home now, once Raff has found my shoe( I sort of threw it at him when he tried to take my coffee away when I wasn't finished) . 



© 2013 emilythestrange


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 29, 2013


Author

emilythestrange
emilythestrange

The Place that my Pen may take me, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Amateur writer, director, live-er, hair brusher, modern-living-girl, and brussel sprout eater, and cleaner. Professional poet, wonder-er, reader, imagin-eer, word user, weirdo, Nerdfighter, Danasaur,.. more..

Writing
God God

A Story by emilythestrange