Overture

Overture

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


Overture

 

 

 

immunity trespasses

into fearful symmetry

 

the frightened faces

of the unguarded

 

confused rapture

a strange wind

 

a song of contagion 

inters itself

 

among the living

and the truth dies 

 

with the last note.

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

7/3/2021

© 2021 jacob erin-cilberto


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Man has met his match on how an organism or virus can be so destructive. It use to be man doing the all the damage.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

it seems to have personified itself...but we are starting to win the war.
j.
I don't think we will find out
the truth anytime soon about
the virus or the long term effects
of the vaccines ..not enough is
Known IMO and what is; is so
controversial

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

sure is controversial, Fran.
no doubt...thank you.
A very relevant comment on the VIRUS and who is and isn’t vaccinated; one would think that more would take it, but that being said I know some who refuse, which doesn’t help with herd immunity….that makes one fearful about who is and who isn’t …. And we’ll never know. You present this dilemma in such a poetic piece, kudos to you J.
Best, B.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Betty,
j.
The truth... well i don't think we will ever know the truth, there are so many variations.
I am happy to be double jabbed and yet my son refuses the jab because of the unknown.... and i dare not sway his thinking either way.
Oh the optimism of youth ...." it won't bother me" .... he says.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Yes, we can take that as a smart reaction or "I don't care"---but I think deep inside they do care, .. read more
Stella Armour

2 Years Ago

he has 3 small children and i think he is worried about blood clots or side effects in later life if.. read more
Immunity trespasses…

There are those that are excited about getting the vaccine and then there are those that are fearful of it.

Do we really know what we need to know about this virus? I don’t think we do. I think in the years to come we will discover much more about it and have more science based knowledge about it.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

someday we will know...I hope not too late.
thank you, PB.
j.
Ah, the truth about the virus. Will we ever know? So many variations of it. So many conspiracy theories and so many of us left in the dark. What I do know without having to second guess, is the damage and fear it has inflicted in the citizens of this planet. Even with the vaccines, that won't easily go. Thought provoking piece J.

Chris



Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

yes, fear, panic, restlessness...hope, yet doubt for some.
thank you, Chris,
j.
Good job j. After a year and a half of various lockdowns I believe the population is suffering from the "Stockholm Syndrome". Better to deal with what you know than face the unknown.
It seems the truth not only died ... it committed suicide. Not hard to believe if the narrative is controlled by theorists on either side.

I guess we can only keep up the good fight and bash our heads against the wall until our beliefs change.
The chance of changing some of this thinking is impossible.

I heard this virus came from an old bat in Wuhan ... but Nancy Pelosi said she's never been to China. ;>}



Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Yes, committed suicide....I hear you on that, Ted,
thank you,
j.
"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." R.E.M. Fear is like pain, it's useful in context but harmful when blown all out of proportion. It makes us aware or keeps us alert but to quote Thoreau, " Alert and healthy natures remember that the sun rose clear”. If I live or die is not nearly so important to me as if I live and die free. I'll have to agree with Patrick Henry on that precept.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Love R.E.M. and that particular song...great lyrics...
timeless and fit now so well...
.. read more
Your title really gave depth to this read. From what I understand this poem is about the pandemic although many things came to my mind. It's a powerful write that brings up emotion in the reader. Wonderfully penned. tyfs

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

yes, Cyprian, other things as well...nice catch and thank you for your kind words,
j.
very well done - it was all started by Gates and Fauci -- in labs on the east coast - a university there that Fauci and the NIH did there work in - and in 2017 when what they were doing with this s**t was being noticed - they had the bright Idea - to send all the research with a Chinese student to the WuHan lab and then the research continued - the scheme is just to bring on the "VAX' which is not one at All - but the precedence of Required VAX for school kids - a primary target - and seniors (primary 1 TArget) it's Communism Agenda - they got desperate and released it earlier than they wanted to - it's not the Killer they invisioned - but the VAX - eh we can get the bots in them and AI will replace their Souls - that's the end game for them you know - to sever our connection with God - and replace it in all of Us with AI thru Bots within us . VAX is Genetic experiment - nothing more - immune system vitamins - Lipsomal V-C - Zinc - and Fever Tree Tonic water (Quinine) helps Zinc absorb into Cells, and D3 - 10,000 IU up it in winter to 15k if you don't ski or hike in winter for the sun. have not had a sniffle - cept my Alergies - for the year and a half taking it - and i'm not religious about it - I might not take it for a week - then 5 days in a row - then hit and miss - I do the best a Bi-Polar can do - Esctaic bout Lift to I dont' wanna get outta bed - overnight - can't believe I still can't control it - guess I better stop trying - and live within it's ways as best I can. The Truth - The Revolution will Not be Televised - You Know I turned off the Tell-Lie-Vison and the World ain't Half that Bad - not what they said it was - they told us straight up - it was programming - zombies we live with zombies - night of the Living Deat that's our World today -but more and more are Waking in the Dream - everyday. The Revolution will Not BE Televised.


Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

thank you for your insights, Healing Star.
Hard to know what to believe these days.
j.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 3, 2021
Last Updated on July 3, 2021

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


On the Menu On the Menu

A Poem by rubie