Power: Chapter 9

Power: Chapter 9

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

I didn’t realize that I had fallen asleep until someone gently shook me awake. I blinked open my eyes, and my vision became blurred. Still, trying to see who it was that woke me up, I saw the duke above me. “Your grace!” I gasped, and struggled to get up. Then I blinked, realizing that it wasn’t Duke Alexander.

“Easy,” Alan said, trying to smile. “How long were you down here?”

I stared at him for a second, slightly disturbed at how similar he and Duke Alexander looked, then I looked around and realized that the sky was dark. I stiffened. “How long have I been here? What time is it?”

“It’s a little before the midnight bell,” Alan replied. “Galen came and got me.”

I scrambled up, muttering an oath under my breath. “I have to report to Sir Daniel!” I tripped as I tried to get up. Alan quickly caught me, and I fell against his chest. My breath caught in my throat, as I slowly looked up to Alan’s jade-green eyes, right above me. I had never really noticed how green they were, and I realized at that moment that green was my favorite color...

He leaned in a little, watching me. I held my breath, staring up at him. At the last moment, he looked away and I stepped away from him, looking anywhere but him, my mind reeling with confusion. Was he about to kiss me?

“So, uh, you should, uh, report to Daniel,” Alan said, sounding a little unsteady.

I felt that way myself. “Yeah, I should,” I said quietly, and left, my mind filled with unanswered questions.

Would I have kissed him back?



© 2011 Eva Sirois


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on May 3, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011
Tags: Fantasy, romance


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing