Power: Chapter 10

Power: Chapter 10

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

Approaching Sir Daniel’s door, I noticed a light underneath his office door. I knocked on his door, and I heard a voice say, “Come in.”
    Sir Daniel was sitting behind his desk, looking over papers. He put them down and looked up as I came in. “Lyla. What caused you to be so late to report?”
    I gulped, and took the seat that Daniel motioned to. Sitting down, I recounted everything I had experienced today, ending with me going to the stables, but not telling what happened in the stables. I still wasn’t sure about what I should think about that part.
    Sir Daniel stood up and paced around, his black brows pulled together, deep in thought. I sat, my hands clasped together, waiting for Daniel to speak. Finally, he turned to face me. “Lyla, this does not leave the two of us. I will inform Mea, and James-”

“Not James, he’ll kill me,” I said quickly, not thinking, then blushed. “Uh, I apologize for my insolent outburst.”

Daniel looked away, working to keep his serious face from becoming a smile. He looked back at me, business once again. “Nevertheless, I will inform them. Before you report to Duke Alexander tomorrow, I want you to see Kimeria. She has experience in checking people for magic. I want you to be tested.”

I looked at him, confused. “But I don’t have magic, or else it would have shown itself somehow before this. Wouldn’t it?”

Daniel shrugged. “There have been some cases of magic being this late to be revealed in a person, but it is exceedingly rare. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to check.”

I looked at him, realizing his eyes were carefully guarded. “You know something that I don’t,” I said slowly. “Something about how I reacted to the black magic.”

Sir Daniel looked away. “I have a theory,” he said quietly. “I’m not sure though...We’ll see what Kimeria has to say, first. Then, if we need to, we’ll travel to the Monastery of the Sun near Aldan to consult Lytelier’s Flame.”

I gave him an appalled look. “But, the negotiations!”

Daniel shrugged. “We can spare James and another soldier. If my theory proves correct, than this is more important than the peace negotiations.” He looked at me. “You should get some sleep. Report to Kimeria’s room after the second bell tomorrow morning.”

I stood up and bowed, my mind reeling with unanswered questions. I sighed quietly, and left the room. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring me some answers.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


Author's Note

Eva Sirois
-ON HIATUS- -BEING REWRITTEN AND REVISED-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 18, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing