Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Sheela
"

Nikki gets on the bus for the summer program, and sees the most beautiful thing she has ever seen

"

I woke up to my mom banging on my door. She is so annoying! Can a girl not sleep around here? I am not a morning person. All I have to do is go to that program. Oh. Maybe that is why she is banging on my door.
"Nikki! Wake up sweetheart! You gotta catch the bus in an hour!"
"Yeah okay."
Just stop banging on my door already. I get up and I try to find something to wear. Jeans and a shirt, or jeans and a shirt? I think I will pick jeans and a shirt.
    I slipped on a pair of blue jeans and a top that said 'I rule.' Might as well make a smart a*s impression. When it comes to make up, eyeliner is it. No fancy barbie doll stuff. I can not stand people who wear a 'fake face.' They wear so much make up you can not even see their actual face. There is no point.
    I decide to go downstairs and get some breakfast. I look at the clock and it says six-thirty. That is the earliest time I have ever been up this summer.  I have about forty minutes before that bus leaves. Great. I am totally scared in a way. I have not been around a whole lot of people in a while. I do not know what they will think of me. Maybe everyone thinks that. How in the hell should I know?
    I fixed me up a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal. Maybe I will have some luck. Yeah right. I can only hope.  I can do this. Every teenage girl thinks they are ugly or they can only hang out with the nerds, right? Maybe it is just me. Wow. This totally feels like this first day of school. Why I am so worried? I do not know? I feel a part of me breaking. People. Oh no.
"Nikki, sweetie. We have to leave right now if you are going to catch that bus.
"Yes Carolyn."
"Why do you not call me mom?"
    I turned my head and said absolutly nothing. Should I tell her that I hate everything she does? Or should I tell her that she does not deserve to be my mother? Or should I lie and say I do not know? What will it take for me to tell her how I feel? I am really bad at this. Maybe I should just tell her.
"Well? Why?" She asked me that with a bad tone. it really made me want to tell her off.
"I feel like you do not deserve to be my mother. I hate you. Why should I call you mom when I do not want you to be?"
    She was silent. I think I seen tears coming up in here eyes. Good. Maybe she will feel something.
"Um," she said in a hoarse voice. "I did not know that you felt that way. What have I done to you? I never wanted
our relationship to be this way."
    She has to be kidding me. I know she loves me. Every mother loves their daughter. It is in the mother's handbook. She does not care about my feelings at all. If she did, I would not feel this way. I would think not anyway.
"I know you are kidding me right? You do not care about
my feelings. If you really did, Why would I say that I hate you? Ever since your beloved ex husband, Shawn, raped and hurt me you have been this evil robot. I do not know why. Is is because I made you loose a man? Well I am so sorry!"
    I actually started crying a lot this time. I never knew I would feel so much better after telling her off. I never thought I would tell her off. She started to cry even more. She still kept her eyes on the road.
"I agree I have been a little harsh, bu--"
"A little?"
"Let me talk Nikki. I am totally sorry. I was trying to be more controlling over you. I did not want you to be hurt ever again. I love you so much. I would never hurt you intentionally."
    I did not know what to say. I never heard mom be like that way. She was so emotional. Maybe the evil spirits have left her. I laughed to myself.
"I am sorry too mom. I am just glad you finally admitted
to it. I never thought you ever would. I do not know what to say.
"Things will be different when you come home. I promise."
"I hope so, mom"
    I never thought this day would come. I do not even know what to think. I sure hope when I get back, things will be so much better. I do not want to live with mom if she was going to be like that forever. Today is a good day.
    We arrived at the site where the program's bus was. I do not even know what it is called. That's sad. I will know eventually. There was only about twenty kids, including me. One of them stood out. He was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. he had black hair to his shoulders, and he had light green eyes. Beautiful. I could not stop staring at him.
"Nikki? Nikki!"
"What mom?"
"You okay over there?"
"Yeah mom. Yeah."
"Get you luggage sweetie. Your bus leaves soon."
    I grabbed my bag and went over to the bus. I did not even hug my mom. I kept staring at this beautiful guy. He has that sweet crooked smile. It makes me smile. I think I am definately going to like this program. I laughed to myself.
"Do not even think about it. He is taken," said a short girl with brown hair and glasses.
"Oh. Um. Was not thinking about it," I said, still dazed.
"He is not mine though. Even though I wish. Everyone wishes. I am Liz Turner, by the way."
"Nicole, um, Nikki Freeman. This is my first year here. My first year around people actually. I have been homeschooled for two years. No people, but my mom."
"So I take it that your nervous."
"Very."
"Don't be. I was here last year. Its a great place to be. Everyone is nice."
"Okay cool."
    She made me feel a lot better than I did. Then he got on the bus. He made an impression on me. A very good one.
"Want to sit with me on the bus, Nikki?"
"Oh, um, sure. Yeah."
    I just got here and I already made a friend. This is going better than I thought. Maybe this summer will be fun. But lets not jump to conclusions. I still have two weeks. I got on the bus, and Liz was right behind me.
"So who is he with?" I asked liz.
"He is Keith, and he is with Maranda. She is sitting two seats behind us."
"The blonde?" She shook her head.
    I can't compete against her. She has blonde hair with blue eyes. She is also skinnier than me. I am skinny, she is a toothpick. But he is so dreamy! He knocked me over, way over.
    The ride to the hotelk was long and boring. Liz was going on about math and stuff. Boring. We showed up and the hotel was amazing. It has seven floors, and it has gold rimming. It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen.






© 2009 Sheela


Author's Note

Sheela
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You need to give the protagonist more of a reason to hate the mother or else she just comes off as a brat. The dialogue sounds a little too formal and slightly unrealistic. If you try using contractions in your writing then it will sound more natural. Other than that, the plot seems interesting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


YOU STOPPED!
WHAT! YOU STOPPED ON TWO! GAH!
JK. Lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


MORE!


Love ya

Posted 14 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009


Author

Sheela
Sheela

Sylva, NC



About
I am Sheela Fisher. I am 16 years old. Singing and writing are my two main hobbies. I gott a lovely and wonderful hearted friend Lacey! I have a few other friends. Not very social.. I have a sister na.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Sheela


One One

A Chapter by Sheela


two two

A Chapter by Sheela