Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Sheela

 

              Chapter Five
        I am so humiliated. I am never that clumsy. I guess Keith really has me in a daze. I am still running, not very fast though. Keith is still following me. I can hear his footsteps, slow and steady. I am starting to get tired. I go through some bushes and come to a beautiful spot.
        The spot has a tire swing, and a river. It also has a picnic table, and an umbrella. It is beautiful.
The grass is so green, and the river makes perfect noise. It’s so relaxing. I sit on top of the table and I relax.
“Nikki!” Keith shows up, out of breath. I do not know what to say to him. I am so embarrassed. I feel like leaving and running again.
“You don’t have to run, Nikki,” Keith said in a low voice.
“I am so humiliated, and sorry,” I said with my head down.
        Keith walks over and lifts my head up. He smiles his beautiful, crooked smile. He runs his hand through my hair.
“Don’t be sorry. I think my shirt was hungry anyway.”
        He started to laugh. I couldn’t help but laugh along with him. I fell even more in love with him. He knows exactly what to say to cheer me up.
“Thanks,” I said.
“For what?”
“Making me feel better.”
“My pleasure.”
“Yeah.”
“Well, I see a tire swing. Want me to push you?”
“Sure.”
Keith helps me down off the table, and walks me to the swing. He gently grabs the swing, and pushes me hard. I scream as the swing goes higher.
“When you come down a little, jump, I will catch you.”
“Are you kidding?”
“No just do it. Trust me.”
        Trust. That is a big word. I haven’t trusted anyone since I was raped. Not guys or girls. Not even my own damn mother. But I have a different feeling about Keith. I secretly love him. So I jumped. Keith caught me, and fell backwards with me in his arms.
“Wasn’t that fun?”
“Loads of fun.”
        He laughs as he stands up. He helps me up, and then takes off his shirt. All I could think was ‘wow.’
He jumps into the river.
“C’mon! The water’s nice!”
“I am not a good swimmer.”
“I won’t let anything happen to you.”
        I jump into the water. Keith comes over and holds my hips to guide me. He swims me over to a rock. He leans me against it, and kisses me. When his lips met mine, it was like the world stopped. His lips were soft and welcoming. That kiss was pure magic. Then we were silent.
“Sorry. I know we just met. I couldn’t resist.”
He looked at me with worried eyes. He is beautiful. How can I say that I liked it? This is a nervous point.
“It’s fine Keith. I don’t regret it at all.”
“Great. Shall we walk back now?”
“Yes. That will be a good idea.”
“No running.” He laughed.
“No running. I promise.”
        We started walking back to the hotel. I saw Keith hesitate for a minute. He grabbed my hand, looked at me, and smiled.
“So talk to me,” Keith said.
“About what?”
“Everything, tell me about you.”
        About me? I am not that interesting. Besides, what will I say? I am really shy. I have nothing much to say. That’s it. Here goes nothing.
“Well, my middle name is Anne. My favorite color is green, and I am shy and clumsy.”
“What about family?”
“I live with my mom.”
“No dad or siblings?”
“Dad and sister died in a car accident.”
“I am sorry.”
“It is okay.”
        I can’t believe I told him that. I have not mentioned it in three years, since it happened. I was really close to my sister. She was three years younger than me. She was everything to me.
“Did you choose to come here?”
“No. My mom sent me here. She said I needed human interaction.”
“Why.”
“Long story.”
“You can trust me.”
        I already told him about my dad. Should I tell him about my rape also? No one knows but my mother. I am scared now. I keep my mouth shut until we get to the doors. I look up at Keith.
“I was raped,” then I went inside.
        Keith just stood there. He looked surprised and upset. He walked in and everyone got quiet.
“Alright everyone, go upstairs, time for bed,” said Mr. Green.
        I slowly walked up the stairs and went to my room. Carly was there watching TV. She looked at me and turned off the TV. She walked over to me and sat down. I hope she doesn’t have anything smart to say.
“Are you okay?”
“Yes Carly.”
“I ate dinner.”
“Sorry. I was humiliated.”
“It’s okay.”
“So, what did you and Keith do for an hour?”
“Nothing. We talked, held hands, and kissed. No big deal.”
“No big deal! Nikki! That’s amazing!”
“Calm down.”
“Sorry.”
        I got up to go get a shower. I turned the water on hot. I undressed and sat down in the tub and let the water run on my head. I kept seeing Keith’s face when I told him about what happened to me. It burned in my mind. I just sat there, thinking.
        I finally got out and put my pajamas on. I walked out and seen Carly staring at me.
“You sure you’re okay?”
“Yeah I am fine.”
        I crawled into bed. I turned out my lamp, then drifted into sleep by the sound of the wind, blowing on the trees.


© 2009 Sheela


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was good, I miss you! Let me know when you are home. Love yas!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2009


Author

Sheela
Sheela

Sylva, NC



About
I am Sheela Fisher. I am 16 years old. Singing and writing are my two main hobbies. I gott a lovely and wonderful hearted friend Lacey! I have a few other friends. Not very social.. I have a sister na.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Sheela


One One

A Chapter by Sheela


two two

A Chapter by Sheela