Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Sheela

 

               Chapter Four
        I sat on the bus in a daze. I have a beautiful guy, a good friend, and a big hotel. Mom must have been on something. This is so awesome.
“Here we are,” Liz said.
“This place, I never seen anything so pretty,” I said.
“Wait until you see the inside.”
        The inside, I can’t wait. I sat back in my seat.
I could not help but think about Keith and his smile. It is burned in my thoughts. I can definitely live with that. I smiled to myself.
        The bus shook as a big guy walked onto the bus.
He was tall, husky, and had no hair. He stood there and looked at everyone. He stopped when he seen me. He started to walk towards me. I slid down into my seat.
“Hi there,” he said.
        I stayed silent. I am really shy. Maybe he is the program instructor. Maybe I should talk back. I will be quiet for now.
“Welcome to campF.A.S.L. I am Mr. Green. And you are?”
“Nikki Freeman.”
“It is nice to meet you.”
        Then he walked off. He stood at the front of the bus. He had a weird look on his face. He seemed cool though. I am still nervous. I exchanged looks with Liz then looked back at Mr. Green.
“Alright! Welcome back everyone. We are going to change things up a bit this year. You get to pick on person to stay with. This is how it goes, guys with guys, girls with girls. No guy girl rooms. Don’t push my buttons. You will follow directions, unless it is free time. As you can tell, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. It is known for its scenery. So enjoy. Get off the bus, and choose a friend. Then come see me. Got it?”
“Yes Mr. Green,” everyone said.  
 It seems okay to me so far. I am probably going to end up with Liz, unless someone else asks me. I doubt it. I slowly walk of the bus and stay to myself. I still don’t know anybody, except Liz. Then I feel a tap on the shoulder. I look around, it is not Liz. She is talking to someone else.
“Hey?”
“Hi. I am Carly. Would you like to stay with me? I won’t bite.”
       I shake my head, and then start walking to Mr. Green. Carly is following me like a shadow. She has long black hair, skinny, and purple looking eyes. She wears all black. That is cool to me.
“Ah. Nikki I see you met Carly,” said Mr. Green.
“Yeah. I am going to be staying with her.”
“Is that so?”
“Yes sir.”
“Good luck,” he whispers.
       He hands me a hotel key that says ‘244.’ I grab my bag and walk inside. I can’t believe what I see. It stops me dead in my tracks. I just stand there, looking around. It is brightly lit. It has famous paintings and expensive furniture. It is so beautiful. It has fake gold edging around the walls. I feel like royalty.
“Beautiful huh?” Carly asked.
“Yes.” I picked up my bag and walked to the elevator.
“You don’t talk very much do you?” Carly asked me.
“No. Not really. This is my first time around people for two years. I am kind of nervous.”
“Two years? Why?”
“I have my reasons.”
       We got on our floor and it was beautiful here too.
The lighting was dimmer though. That is a total relief. Room 244. I opened the door and stopped in the door way. It has two beds, gold border, fancy cups, and dim lights. This is great. What’s even better is that the whole hotel is rented out to our group.
“What bed do you want?” asked Carly.
“Not the one by the window. Please.”
“No problem. So tell me.”
“What?”
“Why do you not go around people? I won’t tell.”
       Should I tell her? I have not told anyone but my Mother. People say talking helps. Maybe I should tell her. I can trust her, I hope.
“I was raped when I was fifteen, by my stepfather.
Until today, my mom was a b***h to me about it.”
“I am sorry. I was hurt too. I know how you feel. We can fight it together.”
“Thanks.”
       That went well. I was so scared to tell her. I never thought I would tell someone else. But she went through it also. I am not the only one. I am not alone. I heard a knock on the door. Carly walked over and opened it. It was Mr. Green.
“Hey girls. Settling in nicely?”
“Yes sir,” said Carly
“Good. Unpack and come down for meet and greet.”
“Yes sir,” I said.
       Meet and greet. That means people. Great. I will probably be okay. I know Carly and Liz so far. That’s good. I want to meet Keith. He will make my day.
“Ready to go Nikki?” asked Carly.
“Yeah. Lets go.”
       Carly locked her arm around mine and we walked out together. Carly is very nice. She is a great person. I wonder what Mr. Green meant by ‘good luck.’ Was there something I need to know?
       We got down to the lobby and everyone was there. Carly and I stood in a corner away from everyone. We both are anti-social. I am just nervous.
“Okay! Everyone go around and meet people. I will say when we need to gather back up,” said Mr. Green.
       I looked directly over at Keith. He shook
hands so gracefully. He looked around at everyone. 
Then he looked at me. He stopped and stared. I seen him fighting through the crowd to get over here. Carly and I exchanged glances.
“Hi. I am Keith.” He smiled his crooked smile. I couldn’t help but smile back.
“Hey. I am Nikki.” I quickly put my head down.
“I know. Um, how are you?”
“Fine I guess. Not used to people.”
“Oh sorry.”
“It’s not your fault.” I put my head down and smiled. He is so much taller than me.
‘Okay. Heh. Good.”
       I feel lost. Keith is standing here talking to me. Right here, right now. He is shy, just like me. He Is so much more beautiful up close. Like a movie star.
“So can I sit with you and Carly at dinner?”
“Sure. What about Miranda?”
“She is more into Lance. I dumped her.”
“Sorry.”
“It’s okay. I promise.”
       Mr. Green walks in front of the group. He looks around and sees Keith and I talking. He puts a big smile on his face.
“Okay everyone! Time for dinner. Follow me to the diner hall.”
       Carly and I locked arms, and Keith walked beside me. I could get used to this. Especially Keith. He is even going to sit with me. Oh this is great!
       We sit at our table and wait to get called for food. Everyone goes before us. That is fine. I am patient. Keith, Carly, and I go and get our food. Everything looks so fancy.
       I start to walk back to my table, when I bump into Keith and his food goes all over him. I put my stuff on the table and run outside. Everyone is laughing. Keith runs after me, but I keep running.


© 2009 Sheela


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NOT AGAIN! -cries-

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on October 13, 2009


Author

Sheela
Sheela

Sylva, NC



About
I am Sheela Fisher. I am 16 years old. Singing and writing are my two main hobbies. I gott a lovely and wonderful hearted friend Lacey! I have a few other friends. Not very social.. I have a sister na.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Sheela


One One

A Chapter by Sheela


two two

A Chapter by Sheela