O! Corrupted Soul!

O! Corrupted Soul!

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

Shall God compare my soul to the righteous one on Judgement Day as of now: I would perish. My soul longs for peace and yet I have found none because of my inquity. To this I write.

"

What doth it take!

What doth it take to satisfy You?

What doth it take to hear Your voice?

What doth it take to have the peace of all understanding?

What doth it take to have all my sin washed away?

What doth it take?

 

Yea, Lord I have walked upon the land of sin and shame!

I looked to my own good pleasures and deeds!

I looked to satisfy my very own lustly desires of my soul!

I also looked to keep You out of the picture and give the glory to myself!

Yea, Lord and as I speak,  I am out of words to describe my passion to pursue righteousness!

 

Father, I do know Your Son bled and died for me on Calvary

But when I look on the cross, the picture of it seems vanity to my rotten, corrupted soul!

And even when I hear of your coming, my soul doth say, "Tis not but folklore and fairytales."

Even moreso, my soul or Satan or a demon, this I do not know, seem to contradict you in every way!

I try to pursue righteous and yet I do the opposite!

I try to tell of Your truth but I utter the Lies of Beelzebub!

I try to tell of Your everlasting mercies but yet I oppose them within my being!

And most sadly, when I hear  praises and songs to lift you up; I am filled with disgust and am embarrassed!

 

Father, a work needs to be done!

Fill me up with Your Holy Spirit and vanish the ways of iniquity within my heart!

Doth, the soul of your children seem vanity?

I know Thou would say, "No' but than my Father have mercy upon me and remember me as Your child.

 

 



© 2010 Ethan Paz


Author's Note

Ethan Paz
Sinner, be not like me, be as of Christ. Do not trodden the path of sin and shame but of righteousness. To do so is the benefit of the soul to serve the Lord God Almighty!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on January 19, 2009
Last Updated on August 23, 2010


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz