I Won't Say The Obvious Things

I Won't Say The Obvious Things

A Poem by trainwreck

Honey, hold my hand,

Take me serious,

"Take this pain and

Call me fearless."

Baby, I'm so serious.

"Its so sweet how you never look away"

"When I'm trying to hide"

"And how you softly break

My perfect disguise"

As if I was an actor

On your stage

"You've given love,"

And packed it away.

I'll want you someday .....

"Someday."

So hold my heart,

Please take me serious.

"Take my hands and wear this...

This one ring."

Darling its our everything.

 

© 2011 trainwreck


Author's Note

trainwreck
Okay so italics is her thoughts, and if the line is italicized and in quotes it's her words,
Quotes are his words,
And normal is what they are both thinking.
This is the first time I've tried anything like this, so I really need some feedback.
I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The raw emotions detailed in your lines are in essence like building blocks that ultimately create a astounding masterpiece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwww This is sweet and priceless, Nice job :) I think tho you can either pick quottions or italics, not both might be overkill a little

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so fantastic! I love this last line

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a very original poem despite the word "obvious" being in the title. I did like how you mixed thoughts and the two different forms of dialogue, but I have two small issues. One is that the piece is very short, so it becomes a little confusing as to which person is speaking or thinking. Two, and this may be a solution to the first problem, is the poem's format. You may want to consider some alternate spacing for each line, or even creating a few paragraph breaks within the piece. This might help sort out any confusion a reader may have about who is speaking, especially if you're not keen on lengthening the piece.

These are just personal suggestions, you may take them or leave them. I am no expert. Again, a very nice piece. Thank you for sharing it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, I forgot to say, I really like the title as well, it really drew me in and it complements the poem well!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really sweet, thoughtful and tender, and I really like your unique concept and the way you executed it. Intelligently and tastefully done. Nice rhyme scheme which ties it together and gives it a light, whimsical feel which is appropriate for the subject matter. A really nice commentary also on marriage, and how it is a blend of thoughts, words, things said and unsaid, places where we agree with each other, and places where we have a slightly different approach. Great metaphorical content, but also a tender and sophisticated love poem also. Very well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very meaningful and I like the interchanging thoughts, nicely flowing and all in all beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem show a lot of depth. I really enjoyed the interplay, one person finishing another's thoughts. "I'll want you someday" So sad. Someone so broken but knowing healing is to come and the other part of her will be there ready to make her whole. Lovely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


sorrowful but beautiful....good package of ideas...interesting idea, just seems a bit repetitive but i like that about it...i think that makes it better which worked out well for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Changing formats allow you to write beyond your typical thoughts..This one's a good exercise of that. One thing we make a mistake while writing is make everyone think like us..That's why dialogue, other POV's are important..You are bang on track with this..

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011

Author

trainwreck
trainwreck

HI



About
I'm Heidi. I normally write songs, but these are the things I write when I have nothing better to say in lyrics. I am a Christian, but my work is, honestly, not overly religious. I am passionate a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..