The Harvest part 2

The Harvest part 2

A Chapter by phoenix

There was hardly anyone outside, the Reckpublicans were already on their job. Their main duty was to search for runaway slaves, people who opposed the laws, and slaves without an Identification necklace or as they called them tracking devices. If a slave was captured trying to escape or without an identification necklace; they were taken to the city council and whipped sixty times in front of the other slaves. It took me one hour to get to the berries, which were in front of the wall. Checking that no one was nearby I went to the middle of the posion and non- poison berry bushes. Taking the small shovel out, I searched for the loose brick in the wall. Removing the loose brick with caution, I could only see a plain field of grass. With the shovel, I started digging a way out to the other side of the wall. It must have been passed breakfast because the sun was starting to burn my skin. I covered the hole with leaves and sticks. Placing the brick back in its place I promised myself that today I would become a free woman.


© 2016 phoenix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on April 27, 2016
Last Updated on April 27, 2016


Author

phoenix
phoenix

About
I have a great passion for writing. Hearing many stories as a child inspired me to write my own. more..

Writing
                                       the begining ..

A Chapter by phoenix


                                The Harvest part one ..

A Chapter by phoenix