A walk to  Freedom part two

A walk to Freedom part two

A Chapter by phoenix

By now the masters were already tasting the beef stew. I wish I could have been there to see their faces but this was my last chance to gain my freedom. Placing the identification necklace under a berry bush,I started making my way through the other side of the wall. When I reached the other side of the wall, for the first time I saw the sky and the stars with a bright glow. For the first time, I felt the cold breeze through my dark brown hair. Never before I felt so liberal so alive. It was this feeling I wanted every enslaved person to feel again. I promised myself If I reached the other side of the wall I was going to be their escape route. Rapidly I covered the hole and placed the loose brick in its place. I was lucky to have a flashlight, specially one that charged on solar power instead of a battery. with a smile, I started heading to the woods. Not having any clue what sort of wild animals or beasts there was, I decided to spend the night on top of a tree. 


© 2016 phoenix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 3, 2016


Author

phoenix
phoenix

About
I have a great passion for writing. Hearing many stories as a child inspired me to write my own. more..

Writing
                                       the begining ..

A Chapter by phoenix


                                The Harvest part one ..

A Chapter by phoenix