A walk to freedom

A walk to freedom

A Chapter by phoenix

When I arrived back at the kitchen Mrs. Soul Prikens was standing beside the mistress. The mistress raised her hand and slapped me, she said ''You foolish little girl think you still have freedom, you lost your freedom a long time ago! You answer to me now so you are to obey all my commands! Unless you want to end up in that dreadful concentration camp like your parents." Mrs. Soul Prikens seeing that I clinched my fists looked at me and slightly shook her head. Lowering my head I said '' It will never happen again mistress." She patted me on the shoulder and told us to resume our duties. Kishia peeling the potatoes said '' Our great grandparents had a chance to be free but we can not. our lives are at their hands. Cutting the meat I said ''they took my family, my freedom, they are not going to take my courage to keep fighting." I picked up the bowl that contained the meat and started walking over to the stove. Near the stove were two bottles of hot sauce and spices waiting to be used. Making sure no one was looking I poured every single bottle into the beef stew. It was like this Actor one day said on television '' Play the card wrong and your luck is over but play the card right and you will live." Their time to play the card was over it was my turn to play the card. '' Is the beef stew ready yet!" Mrs. Soul Perkens holler. '' Not yet.'' I replied. It took some time but the beef stew was ready to be served. I was left alone in the kitchen. From the bottom counter I grabbed a small backpack I hide two days ago. Checking that no one was coming I rapidly opened the backpack and started packing food and supplies I was going to use. Then I pulled out a pair of black pants, a sky blue shirt, a black leather jacket, and a pair of black shoes; I threw my old clothes into the fire as a sign of my past.   


© 2016 phoenix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on April 28, 2016
Last Updated on April 28, 2016


Author

phoenix
phoenix

About
I have a great passion for writing. Hearing many stories as a child inspired me to write my own. more..

Writing
                                       the begining ..

A Chapter by phoenix


                                The Harvest part one ..

A Chapter by phoenix