The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by Masaking

It all started when I was six. My father, an archeologist, went to a forest with his research group. They heard a rumor that there was a secret place called The Spirit Forest. The forest attracted many people because of its magnificent city, Golden Bird. And there, on top of the city, a hidden treasure is rumored to be buried.

I still remember our last conversation:

“Wait, Daddy! I want to come with you!” I said.

“Sorry son, the forest is too dangerous…” he said as he pulled out a white notebook from his backpack and handed it to me.

What’s this?” I asked.

This is a magic book from your Grandpa. When I’m away, you can write messages to me and I will write back to as soon as possible” he said with a smile. I slapped the book down.

I don’t care about some stupid book, why can’t I go with you!?”

Kazuto,” he said, softly patting my head. “Please stay here with your mother and be a good boy. I promise that I will be back.” He stood up, and headed toward his group.

“DADDY, WAIT! PLEASE DON’T GO!” I yelled as I ran after him.

My father did not stop. He joined his group and took off into the night. Since we've separated, I’ve been haunted by this nightmare repeatedly.


10 years later~

My father never came back. My mom thinks he’s already dead, but I believe he is still alive, somewhere within the mysterious forest. Everyday I stare at the nearby forest, thinking of my father, even though I know it’s not the one he's hiding in.




© 2010 Masaking


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on February 26, 2010
Last Updated on February 26, 2010


Author

Masaking
Masaking

Poughkeepsie, NY



About
Am back and alive! This account had been discovered since I was in middle school. Back then, writing fiction stories were the only things that brought happiness to myself. It was the only thing I .. more..

Writing
Silence Drops Silence Drops

A Story by Masaking