Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Jalaran DeVine

Mr. Stuart filled Rayner in on what had been going on over the last few days.  They sat talking over a cup of coffee in my tiny apartment. 
“So I had to destroy everything before the police finished the investigation.”  Mr. Stuart said.  “I couldn’t risk having them exposed, especially after Thomas blurted out who the Princess was.”  Rayner nodded. 
“I can understand that.”  Rayner replied setting his cup on the coffee table.  “So there is no evidence left to trace down who cast the spell.”
“No, I’m afraid not.”  Mr. Stuart said shaking his head.  “Not unless we can find the lost engagement ring or backpack.” 
“Any idea where to find this guy that did it; we could trace it from him, providing that he’s cooperative.” 
“I don’t have any clue where you’d find him.”  Mr. Stuart took a sip of his coffee.  “I think he’s on the University Swim team.  That’s what I thought The Princess said.” 
We pulled up in front of the building, Owen got out ahead of me, and helped me out of the taxi, and Thomas followed.  To my surprise, there stood Josh.  My face lit up, I walked over to him and gave him a small hug. 
“I was worried about you!” 
“No worries” Josh chuckled, “I see you met my new assistant.” 
“Yes, I was concerned though, you’ve never had an assistant before.” 
“I’m sorry, we just hired him yesterday, I didn’t mean to make anyone worry about me.  I just feel like I’d like to take some time off.”  Josh opened the door for us to enter the building. “Besides, with everything that’s gone on lately, the boss and I thought it might be a good thing to have an extra set of eyes around.  More coverage for the tenants of the building.”  Josh shrugged. 
“Things are going to be safer around here soon Josh, Thomas, and I bought our house today,”  
“Oh, so how soon are you going to be moving?” 
“Probably be out by tomorrow night.”  A note of sadness in my voice as I spoke. 
“Congratulations on the house.”  Josh smiled at me. 
“Thank you.”  I didn’t know if I should be happy or sad about moving.  I had friends here in the building, and Josh.  I knew I would miss them all very much. 


© 2016 Jalaran DeVine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016